Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2020, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HIFlya
If they do, that would be really odd and short-sighted. Hilton and Amex have an incentive to encourage spending and staying at Hiltons, especially at resorts where everything is overpriced. Taking away the resort credit takes away that incentive.
I look at the $250 resort credit as essentially offsetting the annoyance of the resort fee that I would otherwise try to avoid.
I wish it would apply to all sorts of "resort" fees and not just at the designated "resort" hotels. Would be nice to have it apply in NYC
Old Feb 8, 2020, 11:23 am

Can the resort credit be split between two properties? We'll be at the Pensacola Beach Hilton resort in September entirely paid for with points. They have free self park, we are diamond so we get free breakfast and we don't drink. I really don't like their H20 restaurant, so many much better local food options! and their gift shop has nothing of interest to me. Might get room service desert one night but other than that I can't think of how we would spend the credit there, even the cabana and beach chair rentals are handled by an outside company, not billed to the room.

In October we'll be at the Statler In Dallas we are more likely eat there and will be meeting up with our college age sons so we will have no issue spending $250 on food! If we only spend $50 in FL will be able to use remaining $200 in Dallas or should we be careful not to charge anything to the room in FL? BTW both properties are on the resort list - I checked:-)
Old Feb 8, 2020, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by troop891
Can the resort credit be split between two properties? We'll be at the Pensacola Beach Hilton resort in September entirely paid for with points. They have free self park, we are diamond so we get free breakfast and we don't drink. I really don't like their H20 restaurant, so many much better local food options! and their gift shop has nothing of interest to me. Might get room service desert one night but other than that I can't think of how we would spend the credit there, even the cabana and beach chair rentals are handled by an outside company, not billed to the room.

In October we'll be at the Statler In Dallas we are more likely eat there and will be meeting up with our college age sons so we will have no issue spending $250 on food! If we only spend $50 in FL will be able to use remaining $200 in Dallas or should we be careful not to charge anything to the room in FL? BTW both properties are on the resort list - I checked:-)
Yes, it can be split across as many properties as you'd like up to $250.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 12:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yes, it can be split across as many properties as you'd like up to $250.
Is the Statler in Dallas a resort? We recently stayed at the Joule (same neighborhood) and it's downtown, not resort-y at all (apologies if for some reason it's on the resort list, I'd be very surprised).
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Is the Statler in Dallas a resort? We recently stayed at the Joule (same neighborhood) and it's downtown, not resort-y at all (apologies if for some reason it's on the resort list, I'd be very surprised).
I hope I am wrong, for troop891s sake, but I think you are right. The resort credit only applies to the properties that are listed at: hilton.com/resorts

I looked at Texas and I only saw 3 properties:

Hilton Anatole

Dallas, TX, United States

Hilton Galveston Island Resort

Galveston, TX, United States

Hilton Dallas/Rockwall Lakefront

Rockwall, TX, United States

Like I said, I am hope I am wrong. One trick that I have discovered, and would offer to troop891 and others, is that many of these resorts seem to have dedicated sales departments that cater toward wedding parties, conventions etc. Call the resort and ask to speak to sales. Be nice, tell them they have a nice property, and you would like to prepay for a couple nights. Most of them will send you a credit card authorization form and request that you email or fax it back.

This can be helpful if you have a resort credit that is about to expire or reset. Most sales people seem to be willing to work with you when they know you are pleasant and are asking for them to help you spend your money with them....LOL. After you fill out the paperwork and send it back, they are are more than happy to charge your credit card immediately. Of course, you can ask them if you have the freedom to modify your dates if your plans change in the future. Most of the time it is pretty easy to switch dates, especially if you give them notice.

The resort credit can seem to be a PITA to use, but I like visiting Chicago, Las Vegas, and hope to visit Hawaii in the future, so it's been easy for me to use this benefit.

To Troop891, please verify that the Statler qualifies before you are disappointed. I don't think it does, but hopefully someone will call me out and tell me I am wrong.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 3:44 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
As explained in the wiki, only properties on the list are eligible for the resort credit- whether or not they have resort fees or seem resortish. If you go to the list, you will see it is not.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 4:59 pm

You have between now and September to figure it out - is there anyplace in North Carolina or anywhere you could take a weekend? Or suck it up and eat a meal at the place you dislike in Pensacola? I have no trouble blowing through 2 resort credits every year, so I'm always surprised when this is such an issue.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

You have between now and September to figure it out - is there anyplace in North Carolina or anywhere you could take a weekend? Or suck it up and eat a meal at the place you dislike in Pensacola? I have no trouble blowing through 2 resort credits every year, so I'm always surprised when this is such an issue.
Eujeanie,

Don't want to go off topic, but I am curious for my own benefit. I assume you have 2 resort credits because you have 2 Aspire cards. Is this correct? If so, did you upgrade a previous Citi Hilton card to the Aspire or were you able to upgrade another Amex Hilton card to the Aspire? I currently have the Amex Aspire and the Amex Surpass and I am hoping I am given the opportunity to upgrade my Surpass to a 2nd Aspire after one year.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Eujeanie,

Don't want to go off topic, but I am curious for my own benefit. I assume you have 2 resort credits because you have 2 Aspire cards. Is this correct? If so, did you upgrade a previous Citi Hilton card to the Aspire or were you able to upgrade another Amex Hilton card to the Aspire? I currently have the Amex Aspire and the Amex Surpass and I am hoping I am given the opportunity to upgrade my Surpass to a 2nd Aspire after one year.
Both of our Aspire cards were new cards. We kept one existing Surpass/Ascend card because of the supermarket spend and the extra free night after $15,000 spend. And we for a while kept our 2 free (No AF) Amex Hilton cards for a while, but we have cancelled one.

So right now have 2 Aspire, 1 Ascend, 1 no-fee Hilton. They all pay for themselves so no reason to get rid of them.

Never had a Citi Hilton card. All our Hilton cards have been Amex.

Edit: upon reflection, "maybe" one of our Aspire cards was an upgrade from a Surpass, but I don't really recall. But I know none were Citi cards - only Citi cards we've ever had have been AA.

Last edited by Eujeanie; Feb 8, 2020 at 6:20 pm
Old Feb 9, 2020, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Since the $250 resort credit seems to be for almost anything, can I assume that any NOR1 upgrade also would count? I will be on a 4-night stay at the Caribe Hilton in San Juan: 2 free Asprire nights, and 2 nights using points. The only reason I ask is that clicking through to the NOR1 upgrade page, it feels like a separate entitiy that offers the upgrade. I guess the hotel charges you directly for the upgrade? If so, it should trigger the $250 benefit, right?
Thanks for any info.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 9:30 pm

Is there any way to see a historical list of the hotels that should have qualified for the resort credit? I had a reservation at the beginning of the year for the Hilton Molino Stucky (in Venice) which I certainly thought had qualified, but now that hotel is not listed. I’m not sure if the list changed or I somehow managed to confuse myself about it being a “resort.”
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:05 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dascc
Just completed a stay at the Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront. Charge for the stay posted on the 2nd and the $250 fee credit hit today, backdated to the 6th.
How was the property in general? It looks beautiful but of course pictures are deceiving.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo
Is there any way to see a historical list of the hotels that should have qualified for the resort credit? I had a reservation at the beginning of the year for the Hilton Molino Stucky (in Venice) which I certainly thought had qualified, but now that hotel is not listed. I’m not sure if the list changed or I somehow managed to confuse myself about it being a “resort.”
Yes, there is a link that lists all the properties. I think if you google Aspire Hilton Resort Credit Properties or something it should pop up. Sorry I don't have it off the top of my head.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:29 am

Both of our Aspire cards were new cards. We kept one existing Surpass/Ascend card because of the supermarket spend and the extra free night after $15,000 spend. And we for a while kept our 2 free (No AF) Amex Hilton cards for a while, but we have cancelled one.

So right now have 2 Aspire, 1 Ascend, 1 no-fee Hilton. They all pay for themselves so no reason to get rid of them.

Never had a Citi Hilton card. All our Hilton cards have been Amex.

Edit: upon reflection, "maybe" one of our Aspire cards was an upgrade from a Surpass, but I don't really recall. But I know none were Citi cards - only Citi cards we've ever had have been AA.
Hey Eujeanie, do you have any issues using the airline credit?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by HIFlya
Yes, there is a link that lists all the properties. I think if you google Aspire Hilton Resort Credit Properties or something it should pop up. Sorry I don't have it off the top of my head.
Right you can view them at hilton.com/resorts but that's just a searchable database and nothing prevents them from changing it on a whim. I was definitely unable to find either a text listing or one maintained elsewhere by googling. That's why I want the *historical* entries; I thought FT would be the place to maintain such a thing if anybody had.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.