Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
Originally Posted by N Rustovsky
I have an Amex offer for $100 off of $500 resort room rate, however in the t&c it says does not apply to advance purchase. My question is if I book an international resort hotel advance rate it seems like it does not go through corporate instead goes through the actual resort I will be staying at so does that mean it will trigger the $100 off offer?
I would check if the offer covers international hotels. All the ones I see for Hilton hotel now are for US only, including the Conrad/Waldorf one for the 100 off a 500 stay.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 12:03 pm

Resort credit on prepaid stays

If my credit expires next month can I book a room for July and call in to prepay and have the resort credit trigger? Also does the MVP rate work for trigerring resort credit? Thx
Old Apr 14, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by jhangilp
If my credit expires next month can I book a room for July and call in to prepay and have the resort credit trigger? Also does the MVP rate work for trigerring resort credit? Thx
(1) Yes, if the hotel is willing to do it for you.
(2) Yes, please see the wiki which includes FAQs like:

2) If I’m booking at Hilton.com or through the Hilton app, etc., are any rates not eligible for the resort credit?
Any rates charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties in the USA are charged by Hilton Corporate in Tennessee and WILL NOT trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties outside the USA are typically charged by the hotel directly, so these WILL trigger the credit.

3) I have to book through my corporate travel agent or use my corporate rate code at Hilton.com, will I still get the resort credit?
YES. Any rates that are charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit.

12) What charges are eligible for this resort credit?
ANYTHING charged directly by the hotel or to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit. Room rate, taxes, fees, room service, dining, bars, spa, transportation, jet skis, beach chairs, excursions, etc. etc. etc. AMEX doesn’t discriminate on what the charge is, as long as the charge appears directly from an eligible hotel it will trigger the credit.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 3:28 pm

Will work with the Amex offer
Spend $250 or more, get $50 back

Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Expires

5/30/2019?

Book a Hilton resort hotel room, lets say 2 nights for $300 total, pay with this and get total of $300 back= $250 credit + the $50 Amex offer?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I must be doing something wrong, because when we stay at a resort we blow through $250 in our sleep, and this is usually staying on points. Dinner, drinks and lunch by the pool, valet parking, spa, boom, before I know it our bill is $1,000 - using points!

How are you all cutting it so close that you have to worry about hitting the $250 to get the credit? Do you really go to a resort for just one night or even two? And not have dinner or do anything else?

I personally love the $250 credit and think it's a great, easy to achieve perk, even combining it with our Amex offers.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I must be doing something wrong, because when we stay at a resort we blow through $250 in our sleep, and this is usually staying on points. Dinner, drinks and lunch by the pool, valet parking, spa, boom, before I know it our bill is $1,000 - using points!

How are you all cutting it so close that you have to worry about hitting the $250 to get the credit? Do you really go to a resort for just one night or even two? And not have dinner or do anything else?

I personally love the $250 credit and think it's a great, easy to achieve perk, even combining it with our Amex offers.
Yes some of us have stayed at resorts for one night. Some of the all-inclusive properties can even be had for about $250 a night or less.
my guess is the people struggling to use the credit don't intend to spend $1000 at Hilton resorts and got the card because some blog told them to and didn't explain how the credit isn't super useful to someone who only travels 3x a year and usually stays at the cheapest hotel in Vegas or Orlando
Old Apr 14, 2019, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie

we may stay at hotels but eat at mcdonalds, nearest local restaurants and park in free or cheap parking hotels. we don't eat or drink at hotels.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
we don't eat or drink at hotels.
Blasphemy! Of course you mean with an exception for Diamond full breakfasts where available. That can cut down your food budget expenses significantly.

I had an omelette (which they must've put at least 4 eggs in) plus 2 additional over medium eggs at the 1-night stay last month, aside from the other stuff on the buffet.

Earlier last year I made a 3 night trip to florida and didn't purchase any food whatsoever, aside from an all-day catered buffet that was included with the tickets for the Falcon Heavy launch -- Yes, $200/person wasn't cheap, but at least they kept the food available through the delays to the end of the window when it launched. There was a Priority Pass restaurant in the airport on the way, and the layover was an unusual 3hrs, so actually stopped there for both breakfast and lunch (Priority Pass covered $28x2 x2, even included some packaged snacks to go). There was a lounge at the destination airport which I don't remember but think I didn't bother to stop by that time. Doubletree with a decent (HGI-like) full breakfast for first and last day. Hampton which I skipped the "food" second morning, but that second day had the all-day food. Doubletree the third day before heading to airport, don't remember if I stopped in the lounge at departure.

Originally Posted by Adam1222
my guess is the people struggling to use the credit don't intend to spend $1000 at Hilton resorts and got the card because some blog told them to and didn't explain how the credit isn't super useful to someone who only travels 3x a year and usually stays at the cheapest hotel in Vegas or Orlando
Lots of people had been paying $75-100/yr previously solely to buy Gold. The people who get the credit card for status are not staying 100 nights/yr -- If they were, they'd already have the status.... The Aspire is still a much better deal for those light travelers, easily $350+ more value than the prior Hilton Reserve or Amex Surpass as long as the credits can be made use of in an even halfway efficient manner.

Last edited by B3nder; Apr 14, 2019 at 9:08 pm
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:33 am

Conflicting DP with the Amex resort credit. Both me and wife paid our Conrad Maldives bill with our Amex Aspires for the seaplane ride. She got her credit within 2-3 days, while I did not get the credit. Had to wait for 3 months before they gave the manual credit.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:17 pm

After waiting 8 weeks I finally decided to call and requested for credit. They issued $250 right away.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:30 am

I scanned through recent posts, but haven't found anything terribly definitive on this lately. Has anyone had any recent luck booking a flexible rate at a US resort and then calling the hotel and having them put a $250 deposit through locally to trigger the resort credit prior to the stay? In particular, I'm looking at the Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar in Puerto Rico. I suppose I'm also interested in any DPs where a hotel has refused to put the partial charge through in advance locally. And anything specific to Puerto Rico would also be useful. Thanks in advance for any insights!

Originally Posted by italdesign
I was told differently by Amex chat, that it resets upon AF billing. For me, that happened 10 days after my "anniversary date" (which chat agent says is the day of card approval).

To be safe, I'd take the later of the two.
I realize this is a bit late, but I have a recent DP to share on this point. I had the resort charge (and associated $250 resort credit for the second cardmember year) post between the first anniversary of the account's approval date and the date on which the second AF posted (there was around a 30-day gap between those two dates). So, at least for me, the resort credit reset on the anniversary of the account's approval date (instead of being tied to when the AF posted).

Last edited by Canarsie; Aug 5, 2020 at 12:25 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Is there a way to tell when your yearly $250 resort credit restarts without contacting American Express?
Yes, it's linked to when your renewal date is. My renewal date is April 1st, so the last day to charge my card for $250 resort credit is March 31st.

Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Expires

5/30/2019?

Book a Hilton resort hotel room, lets say 2 nights for $300 total, pay with this and get total of $300 back= $250 credit + the $50 Amex offer?
Yes, they can stack because the credits don't lower the price of your hotel bill, but rather is credited as a new line-item after the charges post on your account. Keep in mind the $250 resort credit is only eligible from the listed Hilton Hotels here: http://hilton.com/resort

Last edited by Canarsie; Aug 5, 2020 at 12:25 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by haledjian
Yes, they can stack because the credits don't lower the price of your hotel bill, but rather is credited as a new line-item after the charges post on your account.
To clarify, is it if you spend $250 exactly you would get $300 back? (250 aspire resort credit + 50 from the amex offer). Thanks
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Boringbarry
To clarify, is it if you spend $250 exactly you would get $300 back? (250 aspire resort credit + 50 from the amex offer). Thanks
That's exactly it. Your Amex statement would show a charge of $250 then a few days later 2 separate credits of $250 and $50.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold

Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Expires

5/30/2019?

Where are you seeing the $50 Amex offer? On the Amex account page? Or the hotel website?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.