Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Old Apr 21, 2019, 12:28 am
  #751  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,872
How do i do this for 5 days stay at Hilton properties in San diego? Can I pay for one night with the Aspire card for the resort credit and 4 nights with points? Don't I receive one free night with this card? How do I claim this? I got the card about a month ago, I am thinking of using points, the card for resort credit and one night that comes free with the card. Thank

Also, what is " up to $250 credit"? If the room rate is $250 or more including tax, I will receive the full $250 back right?If it is $200 total charged, it is just $200?
Blueskyheaven is offline  
Old Apr 21, 2019, 12:32 am
  #752  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: US
Posts: 16
Actually if you book 4 nights with points 5th night is free.
paulzone2k is offline  
Old Apr 21, 2019, 12:34 am
  #753  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,872
Originally Posted by paulzone2k
Actually if you book 4 nights with points 5th night is free.
That's right, I can do 6 nights. 5 with points and 1 with the card for credit. What about the free one night that comes with the card? When do I get that and will it have expiry date and restrictions?
I got the card a month ago.
Blueskyheaven is offline  
Old Apr 21, 2019, 12:38 am
  #754  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: US
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
That's right, I can do 6 nights. 5 with points and 1 with the card for credit. What about the free one night that comes with the card? When do I get that and will it have expiry date and restrictions?
I got the card a month ago.
Free night is received thru email which takes about 3 months I think. And to redeem free night you must call 1-800 and book thru phone. You can just add it to your existing booking, and message the hotel prior to arrival so you won't have to change rooms.

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
That's right, I can do 6 nights. 5 with points and 1 with the card for credit. What about the free one night that comes with the card? When do I get that and will it have expiry date and restrictions?
I got the card a month ago.
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
How do i do this for 5 days stay at Hilton properties in San diego? Can I pay for one night with the Aspire card for the resort credit and 4 nights with points? Don't I receive one free night with this card? How do I claim this? I got the card about a month ago, I am thinking of using points, the card for resort credit and one night that comes free with the card. Thank

Also, what is " up to $250 credit"? If the room rate is $250 or more including tax, I will receive the full $250 back right?If it is $200 total charged, it is just $200?
Regarding the $250 credit, hotel must be resort and listed here: hilton.com/resorts. Charge everything to room (food, activities, etc) and credit will be automatically reimbursed in 2-5 days. If not, then you must call between like 6-8 weeks and request manually. When I called after 2 weeks they refused and told me to call again 6-8weeks But you can always HUCA (hang up and call again) and diff agent may issue refund right away. Exact amount in folio is refunded. (upto $250)

Last edited by Canarsie; Aug 5, 2020 at 12:27 pm Reason: Consolidation.
paulzone2k is offline  
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:10 am
  #755  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,872
Originally Posted by paulzone2k
Regarding the $250 credit, hotel must be resort and listed here: hilton.com/resorts. Charge everything to room (food, activities, etc) and credit will be automatically reimbursed in 2-5 days. If not, then you must call between like 6-8 weeks and request manually. When I called after 2 weeks they refused and told me to call again 6-8weeks But you can always HUCA (hang up and call again) and diff agent may issue refund right away. Exact amount in folio is refunded. (upto $250)
Do I have to finish spending the $4k req for the free night or it is only for the bonus points and nothing to do with the free night benefit? I checked the priority pass online too but didn't receive it.
Blueskyheaven is offline  
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:59 am
  #756  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: US
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
Do I have to finish spending the $4k req for the free night or it is only for the bonus points and nothing to do with the free night benefit? I checked the priority pass online too but didn't receive it.
i believe 4k is only for bonus pts. Priority pass will be delivered in the mail in 1-2 weeks after online registration.
paulzone2k is offline  
Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:20 am
  #757  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: RDU <|> MMX
Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Posts: 12,854
Originally Posted by 40orFight
Does anyone know whether a "deposit" charged by a US Hilton resort property as part of booking a flexible rate online for a future date would be charged by central advance reservations in TN or by the property itself? Trying to figure out whether that deposit would trigger the Aspire resort credit. Any DPs or knowledge appreciated. Thanks all.
Answered in the wiki, refundable deposits are charged by the hotel directly.

5) Iím looking at an eligible hotel that charges a refundable one-night deposit for all bookings, can I get the resort credit for this?
YES. As long as the deposit is charged directly by an eligible hotel to your Aspire, it will trigger the credit
JJeffrey is online now  
Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:45 am
  #758  
Community Director Emerita
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Anywhere warm
Posts: 33,907
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
That's right, I can do 6 nights. 5 with points and 1 with the card for credit.
Keep in mind that the credit card night is only good on weekends. The fifth night free must be on a single consecutive booking. If your six nights start or end on a weekend, it's easy to combine them. If your six nights begin on a weeknight and end on a weeknight, it's not. You can't break the fifth night free award and insert a free credit card night in the middle.
SanDiego1K is offline  
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:57 pm
  #759  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: DL PM; IHG DIaAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat/LT Gold
Posts: 7,533
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Keep in mind that the credit card night is only good on weekends. The fifth night free must be on a single consecutive booking. If your six nights start or end on a weekend, it's easy to combine them. If your six nights begin on a weeknight and end on a weeknight, it's not. You can't break the fifth night free award and insert a free credit card night in the middle.
To be clear, since I think theposter was talking about using the $250 resort credit for "using the card for credit", that can be on any night. Only the free night good at any Hilton property is restricted to weekends.
Adam1222 is offline  
Old Apr 21, 2019, 11:34 pm
  #760  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,872
Will stay on points but daily parking fees paid during check out with the Aspire will trigger the $250 credit? Looking for stay in San Diego. Looking for decent priced ones in San diego.
Blueskyheaven is offline  
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:24 am
  #761  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PHL/EWR
Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Posts: 1,528
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
Will stay on points but daily parking fees paid during check out with the Aspire will trigger the $250 credit? Looking for stay in San Diego. Looking for decent priced ones in San diego.
See FAQ #12 in the first post and remember to choose a property on the resort list.
BrlDsguise is offline  
Old Apr 22, 2019, 7:00 am
  #762  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Answered in the wiki, refundable deposits are charged by the hotel directly.
Thanks, but I actually had this question after reading the wiki. The answer in the wiki is caveated by saying that a US property deposit will trigger the credit as long as it is charged directly by the hotel. So I was thus looking for some DPs as to whether US property deposits were actually charged by the hotel directly (rather than through central advance reservations). But based on your response, it seems like I was being a bit too technical with the wiki's response on this one. Seems like you are saying that US property deposits are charged by the hotel directly. As long as nobody has any counter-DPs, then that works for me. Thanks again, all.
40orFight is offline  
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:52 am
  #763  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: RDU <|> MMX
Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Posts: 12,854
Originally Posted by 40orFight
Thanks, but I actually had this question after reading the wiki. The answer in the wiki is caveated by saying that a US property deposit will trigger the credit as long as it is charged directly by the hotel. So I was thus looking for some DPs as to whether US property deposits were actually charged by the hotel directly (rather than through central advance reservations). But based on your response, it seems like I was being a bit too technical with the wiki's response on this one. Seems like you are saying that US property deposits are charged by the hotel directly. As long as nobody has any counter-DPs, then that works for me. Thanks again, all.
Yep, as long as it's a refundable deposit then it should be charged by the resort directly and thus trigger the credit.

In any event, since the deposit is refundable you really don't have anything to lose. You can always just cancel later if for whatever reason the deposit isn't charged by the hotel or something else happens, etc.
JJeffrey is online now  
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:39 am
  #764  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PNW
Programs: AS 100K
Posts: 1,566
just a data point here. I completed a stay at the Hilton Dead Sea Resort Jordan about 10 days ago. Room rate charges totaled a few $$ above $250. About 3-4 days after charge posting, my $250 resort credit posted.
atcanobbio is offline  
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:21 pm
  #765  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 92
Reset date

My Aspire account opening date is May 6. The date the first annual fee (and statement close) was May 24.

I contacted Amex CS to ask for the exact date my resort credit resets. The agent told me it's the date the AF posted (May 24). However, the terms clearly state it resets on the account opening date. I think the agent was just guessing.

Does anyone have data that supports the credit reset on the AF date?
sdnativeboy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.