Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, ICC Amb Plat, LH Freq Fly, Hilton Diamond
Do you think the new WA Maldives will be a resort when it opens as I see it's not on the site/map etc. but that might be because I don't think it's yet open although it is taking bookings?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
There are a LOT of resorts in Orlando that are relatively inexpensive. What I would do, but I'm a little crazy, is, say, book a $100/nt resort (overlapping with wherever else I was staying) and just go for the one night, have dinner, get the credit...done. Let's say you're staying at Disney...are you going to go to Sea World or Universal? Make the one night near one of them.
I already have our rooms for our entire stay booked through our timeshare with Wyndham at a fantastic points rate. We have our flights already booked and I have no wiggle room with them.

I’ve pretty much exhausted every possibility for this summer. We have so many other trips booked, and we are not close to any of the resorts that qualify. As you’re suggesting, I may have to book a cheap night somewhere that qualifies and just check in and go to dinner there to be able to charge to the room. Of course, I would much rather find a way to better utilize the credit though!

I had thought of that idea as well. We are staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek with our timeshare, and I will lose the reservation if I try to modify it. If nothing else works, the throw away a room and enjoy dinner at the property will be my go-to strategy. I was just hoping to avoid that if possible.

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 2, 2019 at 12:05 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Scotland
Do you think the new WA Maldives will be a resort when it opens as I see it's not on the site/map etc. but that might be because I don't think it's yet open although it is taking bookings?
The WA Maldives will of course be a resort and I see no reason why it wouldn't count for the resort credit once it's fully open and everything flows through the Hilton/Amex systems later this year. The $250 won't even cover half of the boat transfer costs for one person, so I'm not sure I would plan a vacation here around whether you can use the resort credit or not .
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:11 pm

Any Hilton resorts in Orlando or Dubai where this will work?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by haledjian
You must stay at one of the listed properties at www.hilton.com/resorts
Can you search by just typing a city or a country rather then hitting the "loading more" and search through all the page? It is hard to figure this out cos so many pages to load and they all seem to be in USA?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL, ICC Amb Plat, LH Freq Fly, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
The WA Maldives will of course be a resort and I see no reason why it wouldn't count for the resort credit once it's fully open and everything flows through the Hilton/Amex systems later this year. The $250 won't even cover half of the boat transfer costs for one person, so I'm not sure I would plan a vacation here around whether you can use the resort credit or not .
It better had, thinking of getting the Amex Aspire through a friend in the US in order to get the free weekend night certificate and $250 resort credit, the $450 fee is a lot if I only get a few benefits as being a UK citizen many of them aren't that useful.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
Can you search by just typing a city or a country rather then hitting the "loading more" and search through all the page? It is hard to figure this out cos so many pages to load and they all seem to be in USA?
Not sure what site you are looking at as the default view has properties in Mexico and Japan in the first two rows. There are only 226 properties total so I'm not sure how difficult it is, but there are filters at the top that allow you to narrow to a few countries. Where it says "I want to explore" ______ (All locations is the default, but if you click on it, different continents will appear).
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
Any Hilton resorts in Orlando or Dubai where this will work?
There are several in Orlando, all near Disney. We just stayed at the somewhat dated but very nice Doubletree Guest Suites near Disney Springs and the resort credit only took one day to post.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by taxatty56
There are several in Orlando, all near Disney. We just stayed at the somewhat dated but very nice Doubletree Guest Suites near Disney Springs and the resort credit only took one day to post.
Book a room first and then eat or drink for $250? How will this work on award stay?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Book a room first and then eat or drink for $250? How will this work on award stay?
Same as on a paid stay, but you just have to eat and drink more ($250 worth). Just charge the meal to your room. (plus your parking, spa, gift shop purchases, golf...). Just charge more than $250 to your room.

It's too bad you just can't drop into a resort and have dinner, or play golf. But I think the "charge to your room" is mandatory.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Same as on a paid stay, but you just have to eat and drink more ($250 worth). Just charge the meal to your room. (plus your parking, spa, gift shop purchases, golf...). Just charge more than $250 to your room.

It's too bad you just can't drop into a resort and have dinner, or play golf. But I think the "charge to your room" is mandatory.
There is no requirement per se that you must charge things to your room, all that matters is how the charge appears on your Amex.

So if you eat at a restaurant on a qualifying property (but aren't staying there), and the charge posts as "Restaurant XYZ" then you won't get the credit. However, if the charge is processed through the hotel's main billing system, and it posts as "Hotel XYZ", then you should get the credit.

This will vary from hotel to hotel, and there's no way I'm aware of to know beforehand other than trial and error. You could possibly buy a drink at the bar, pay with your Aspire, then log in to Amex and see how the pending charge appears. However even then there can sometimes be variances in how a charge appears from pending to when it fully posts, so even this method isn't foolproof. YMMV.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:09 am

I'm considering the Hilton aspire card .Does the $250 resort credit get issued in the first year of me getting the card or is it issued after the anniversary renewal ? I've been looking at the terms but can't quite make it out
Thanks
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Britsok1
I'm considering the Hilton aspire card .Does the $250 resort credit get issued in the first year of me getting the card or is it issued after the anniversary renewal ? I've been looking at the terms but can't quite make it out
Thanks
Yep, you're eligible for the credit right at card issuance, and it resets every year on your renewal date.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
There is no requirement per se that you must charge things to your room, all that matters is how the charge appears on your Amex.

So if you eat at a restaurant on a qualifying property (but aren't staying there), and the charge posts as "Restaurant XYZ" then you won't get the credit. However, if the charge is processed through the hotel's main billing system, and it posts as "Hotel XYZ", then you should get the credit.

This will vary from hotel to hotel, and there's no way I'm aware of to know beforehand other than trial and error. You could possibly buy a drink at the bar, pay with your Aspire, then log in to Amex and see how the pending charge appears. However even then there can sometimes be variances in how a charge appears from pending to when it fully posts, so even this method isn't foolproof. YMMV.
Yes, that's why the only "sure fire" way is to be staying there and charge to your room.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:38 am

Thanks for the quick reply !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.