FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:30 am
40orFight

I scanned through recent posts, but haven't found anything terribly definitive on this lately. Has anyone had any recent luck booking a flexible rate at a US resort and then calling the hotel and having them put a $250 deposit through locally to trigger the resort credit prior to the stay? In particular, I'm looking at the Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar in Puerto Rico. I suppose I'm also interested in any DPs where a hotel has refused to put the partial charge through in advance locally. And anything specific to Puerto Rico would also be useful. Thanks in advance for any insights!

Originally Posted by italdesign
I was told differently by Amex chat, that it resets upon AF billing. For me, that happened 10 days after my "anniversary date" (which chat agent says is the day of card approval).

To be safe, I'd take the later of the two.
I realize this is a bit late, but I have a recent DP to share on this point. I had the resort charge (and associated $250 resort credit for the second cardmember year) post between the first anniversary of the account's approval date and the date on which the second AF posted (there was around a 30-day gap between those two dates). So, at least for me, the resort credit reset on the anniversary of the account's approval date (instead of being tied to when the AF posted).

Last edited by Canarsie; Aug 5, 2020 at 12:25 pm Reason: Consolidation.