Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by cabernetjack
I recently got the Aspire card and wanted to use the resort credit. Unfortunately, I booked a US resort that is eligible for the credit but used an advanced pay rate. Looking for some advice on best way to try to get the charge to apply for the credit.

Is the best approach to

1) contact Hilton
2) contact AMEX
3) work with the hotel on credit rebill.

or some other approach.
You can try all of those, but should be prepared to accept the likely outcome that you will not get a credit l, since it was not a payment "made directly with the participating Hilton Resort." you can of course use the card for food, activities, and incidentals on your stay, and the credit will apply
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by cabernetjack
I recently got the Aspire card and wanted to use the resort credit. Unfortunately, I booked a US resort that is eligible for the credit but used an advanced pay rate. Looking for some advice on best way to try to get the charge to apply for the credit.

Is the best approach to

1) contact Hilton
2) contact AMEX
3) work with the hotel on credit rebill.

or some other approach.
yes. where theres a will, theres a way.

IME, best method is to rebill prepay upon checkin. and ALWAYS deal with the hotel mgr directly. its best when you have plenty of time before the resort credit expires. if youre almost out of time, you will need to hurry, but you just got the card. this will totally depend on each property and their mgrs. its also best to do everything in person, but sometimes you can only call. for something like this, i dont like calling cuz issues can arise. they have to refund the deposit and rebill your new CC. i have only done this in person for US props and upon checkin. ive been told this can be done via phone, but thats highly YMMV.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 1:36 am

Booking thur AMEX FHR trigger the resort credit?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:50 am

I need to book a hotel within the next month for the resort credit to apply before my cardmember renewal comes up. However, my stay will be for a Hilton Hotel two month from now. From what I understand, is it best for me to call the hotel directly and book through them so that the charge from my credit card isn't an advanced purchase from Hilton.com? Does the hotel usually match prices with the online discounts?

Will the $250 credit trigger if I purchase gift cards from an eligible Hilton resort?

Last edited by haledjian; Feb 16, 2019 at 6:18 am
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by pingpan
Booking thur AMEX FHR trigger the resort credit?
Any rate where you pay the hotel directly triggers the credit. It can be an FHR rate, a corporate rate, a monkey from the gift shop....
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by haledjian

Will the $250 credit trigger if I purchase gift cards from an eligible Hilton resort?
Unsure of what you were saying above. Are you saying you haven’t used your credit from last year, and you’re next one is coming up?

In any event, gift cards, Room Service, gift shop, airport transfer, ANYTHING that can be billed to your folio (Room) during your stay, will apply to the $250 credit. So long as it’s able to be billed to your room, you’re good.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:27 pm
ccd

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
yea, i didn't mean it's not an eligible property, i was just saying the system is not set up to automatically post the resort credit for charges from waldorf astoria la quinta resort (even though it's on the list).
Has anyone received the credit from La Quinta resort? I stayed there during Thanksgiving last year. After waiting for 12 weeks, I did online chat with AMEX today, and it is still under investigation.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by ccd
Has anyone received the credit from La Quinta resort? I stayed there during Thanksgiving last year. After waiting for 12 weeks, I did online chat with AMEX today, and it is still under investigation.
you need to HUCA. not sure why you trust chat. altho many have had success with chat for other things. it shouldnt take that long. see other posts above. credits can be manually approved.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by ccd
Nope, I never received the credit from WA La Quinta. I chatted, I called, no use. I got the $250 aspire resort credit from my WA Las Vegas stay a few days after check out (I stayed at WA-Las Vegas a month after I stayed at WA-La Quinta). So it is VERY OBVIOUS that WA La Quinta is not one of the eligible resorts recognized by AmEx system (even though its listed on the hilton resort website).

AmEx might apply the credit manually, but they will make you wait until after the maximum time frame (after 90 days) plus they will take their time to open a case to investigate by the back-end office... so i would suggest "don' bother", just use the credit somewhere else.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:19 pm

Datapoint: Booked an advanced purchase rate for one night at doubletree palm springs for ~260$ late last year. During the stay, I spent ~6$ on food that was charged to the room and billed upon checkout. I had the resort credit apply automatically for the 6$. I waited the full 14 weeks after I booked the stay and did not see the reimbursement (this was expected for the AP rate) and I chatted with Amex. They had me provide the hotel confirmation and they were able to manually credit the rest of the 250$ resort credit.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:38 am

How long after booking on Hilton.com does the reservation show up on my credit card as a pending charge? I'm waiting to see if my reservation is billed by Hilton Corporate in Tennessee or directly from the Hilton Hotel. I understand this will determine if my $250 resort credit will be automatically triggered as a statement credit.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by haledjian
How long after booking on Hilton.com does the reservation show up on my credit card as a pending charge? I'm waiting to see if my reservation is billed by Hilton Corporate in Tennessee or directly from the Hilton Hotel. I understand this will determine if my $250 resort credit will be automatically triggered as a statement credit.
Was it a pay-at-the-hotel reservation or an advance-purchase reservation?

And where is the hotel that you booked?

Only advance purchases for hotels in the USA (and maybe a few other nearby places?) are billed to Hilton Corporate.

Pay-at-the-hotel rates are billed to the hotel everywhere.

Advance purchases for hotels overseas are billed to the hotel.

If it's not an advance purchase, it won't necessarily show as pending until the stay approaches or even starts, but if it's not an advance purchase, you already don't need to worry.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:20 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by brp
She checked before we did this and they told her it had been a few weeks earlier. If not, we only had like $12 for last year anyway. As to the second- good point. I looked and the closest is a property tax for about $36, and that's really unlikely to trigger it

Cheers.
Following up: She caleld and they gave her the credit. As she is more "get it done" oriented and less concerned about the details, they never did tell just what was up with the $46 or so. But it does seem that HGVC Maintenance Fees at eligible properties count.

Cheers.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Was it a pay-at-the-hotel reservation or an advance-purchase reservation?

And where is the hotel that you booked?

Only advance purchases for hotels in the USA (and maybe a few other nearby places?) are billed to Hilton Corporate.

Pay-at-the-hotel rates are billed to the hotel everywhere.

Advance purchases for hotels overseas are billed to the hotel.

If it's not an advance purchase, it won't necessarily show as pending until the stay approaches or even starts, but if it's not an advance purchase, you already don't need to worry.
Pay-at-Hotel. I booked it for April at the Hilton Torrey Pines. However, my $250 resort credit expires in March. How do I get the hotel to charge my credit card now so that the credit kicks in before it's too late?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:24 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
When does the resort credit renew? When your annual fee hits the card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.