Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
You already asked this question in the dedicated Aspire resort credit thread, and double posting is against FT rules. As mentioned over and over and over in that thread, the credit can be used for anything that is charged directly by a qualifying hotel.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...credit-32.html
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:37 pm

I booked the Elara on Jan 6 with a $300 deposit but did not receive any resort credit reimbursement, I may try the WA then.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Just pick a Scottsdale resort on the approved list and spend away....
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime Ti, Hilton Dia, MVC Chairman, Hertz PC, Royal Caribbean D+, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
What did you charge? We plan on charging restaurants and valet parking for sure.
Eating and drinks at onsite bars and restaurants plus the onsite valet. It was listed as one charge from Grand Wailea.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ezak
I read a post on another site (can't find it now) that the poster stayed at the Conrad Fort Lauderdale, used both the Aspire credit and the Amex Offer. He even booked with Amex FHR.
Thanks. I'd rather not be the guinea pig on this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by frank808
Eating and drinks at onsite bars and restaurants plus the onsite valet. It was listed as one charge from Grand Wailea.
What do you mean one charge? Nothing was line itemed out on your folio? - valet, valet tax, Kula Café, Kula Café tax, Kula Café tip, Bistro Molokini, Bistro Molokini tax, Bistro Molokini tip, etc. etc? What was the $800 line called? And even if it was one $800 line, why would the $250 not be deducted from that?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
What do you mean one charge? Nothing was line itemed out on your folio? - valet, valet tax, Kula Café, Kula Café tax, Kula Café tip, Bistro Molokini, Bistro Molokini tax, Bistro Molokini tip, etc. etc? What was the $800 line called? And even if it was one $800 line, why would the $250 not be deducted from that?
I'm guessing the "one line" is the line on the AMEX bill for the entire stay + incidentals. The hotel would just send one charge thru on the card at the end of your stay. The receipt from the hotel would list all the line item details.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by zerosoul
I booked the Elara on Jan 6 with a $300 deposit but did not receive any resort credit reimbursement, I may try the WA then.
That's odd. I was choosing between Elara and WA, and finally chose WA as I noted above. The reimbursement was easy peasy, exactly like the Delta GC reimbursement timewise. The first nite deposit was $343.48 charged from Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas, and the credit showed up as Hilton Resort Credit - $250.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by birdiedouble
I'm guessing the "one line" is the line on the AMEX bill for the entire stay + incidentals. The hotel would just send one charge thru on the card at the end of your stay. The receipt from the hotel would list all the line item details.
Still doesn't explain why he didn't get the $250 credit.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime Ti, Hilton Dia, MVC Chairman, Hertz PC, Royal Caribbean D+, MSC Diamond
Just one charge on the AMEX. The folio had each charge listed. If I remember on AMEX bill it said Grand Wailea and then the charge. AMEX rep said it did not qualify for the rebate. I did not pursue it further as I have to pay my Hilton Grand Vacation Club maintenance fees anyhow and get the rebate on that.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA Plat; AS MVP Gold; BA Silver; LATAM Black; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Plat; GHA Plat
Hilton Mauritius Resort: Credit will not post automatically

I stayed twice at the Hilton Mauritius. The $250 resort credit did not post after either stay. Still, after I called in it was done in 2 minutes.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG, IHG, AA, SWA
Originally Posted by Pkim621
Didn't see anyone answer this question and I am wondering the same thing. Thanks!
I believe there is a loophole.

Last edited by George M; Jan 20, 2019 at 7:11 pm
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by George M
I booked a trip at Tropicana in June 2018, and the deposit was credited right away as a resort credit. I had to cancel the trip in July, but the resort credit wasn't charged to my account to offset.
So, I got a resort credit in June, canceled in July, and got a refund. I believe there is a loophole.
Tried this with the Elara but didn't work, DP earlier says Waldorf Astoria works, will need to test.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by George M
I booked a trip at ...
Shuuut! No need to shout it from the rooftops, AMEX rats are lurking around!
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:18 am

I called at 13+ weeks. NP getting the credit posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.