Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Has anyone stayed at the Grand Wailea in Maui lately and still had problems with the $250 Aspire credit posting? Saw some in this thread from 1/2 a year ago, wanted to know if it was still an issue.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
yep not even a year old. But not everyone's cardmember anniversary will be the launch date, especially if rolled in from another product, right??
correct. the anniversary date is solely based on the account open date. so in theory, there should be some people who had their aspire anniversary come due throughout 2018 after they did a PC as soon as the aspire card launched in early 2018. this would impact their 250 resort credit reset dates.

however, lets get real. most would use the strategy to app aspire first. then play the PC game to hit the bonus again. also to triple dip airline credits. yes, some did PC w/ bonus during the summer of 2018 when the option became live, but look at this thread. this thread is dedicated to the aspire $250 resort credit and its only 12 pages long (depending on browser) for a years worth of time. compare that to something well known like amex plat airline credits. meaning, you have very few people who can give you accurate DP about the 250 aspire resort credit based on their 2018 anniversary date. 2019 will be much better as people are well versed and ready to maximize.

Originally Posted by brentyb
Correct. I have called and they just repeat that it takes between 8 and 12 weeks and to call back if I dont see it after 12 weeks.
bruh. you are being stonewalled. those aspire reps are not the same caliber as elite plat or centurion line. i assume you have a plat. go call that number and ask to have a case opened. i have never seen amex credit legitimately take 12 weeks for any auto credit like "spend x get y" offer. thats 3 damn months. crazy talk. but you know what takes 3 months? clawbacks.

Originally Posted by daloosh
I booked the Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas on Jan 8, the charge posted Jan 10 and I received the $250 credit yesterday on the deposit paid for the first nite. The stay isn't until late summer, and my anniversary date is early summer, so it's possible that I don't stay at another resort in between, and use next year's credit at the WA, too!

I was going to book Elara, using the ADIP prepay rate, but the WA breakfast credit swayed me. Besides there aren't many food choices at Elara, and few upgrades to be had as well. WA is a little farther than Elara to my destination, but we'll make do.
thank you for sharing the DP i wanted to see. was a little skeptical about WA vegas being coded in NV vs CA as noted in the HH resort link. obviously a website error, but I was curious if this mistake also had an impact on the MCC. looks like it doesnt. i look forward to staying there myself given its still a mandarin oriental shell and all the same staff. it should be awesome.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Jan 14, 2019 at 2:28 am
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by yoshapman
Has anyone stayed at the Grand Wailea in Maui lately and still had problems with the $250 Aspire credit posting? Saw some in this thread from 1/2 a year ago, wanted to know if it was still an issue.
Had a stay over New Years. Charge posted 1/6. No credit yet.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:56 am

I paid for an AP for Hilton Odawara Resort in Japan in October 2018 for a stay in June 2019. The resort didn't even charge me anything until November 2018 and I was expecting the resort credit to trigger. I decided to wait for the 12 weeks to see if anything will be posted. Fast forward to now, it has not posted. I think I will just use the credit for incidental charges once at the resort at this point.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
So assuming that it's a 2 month wait if i decide to stay at Grand Wailea and use the credit?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
So assuming that it's a 2 month wait if i decide to stay at Grand Wailea and use the credit?
If you need a response within a day, yes, assume that there hasn't been a change since the last posts, and that But yes, it can take 8-12 weeks per the terms of the credit card that you signed up for.
Of course, folks have had the credit post within weeks at dozens of properties. Not every single one is posted here because the thread would be 125265 pages long, and it is already filled with people asking the same questions that have been answered dozens of times. You really cant expect an immediate response.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
Yes, logic tells me that I would get both the Aspire credit and the AMEX Offer credit. Has anyone tried this yet?
I read a post on another site (can't find it now) that the poster stayed at the Conrad Fort Lauderdale, used both the Aspire credit and the Amex Offer. He even booked with Amex FHR.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:14 pm

Booked Conrad Bali at the lowest AP sale rate on 1/10. Last night saw the credit on my account. Post 1/11, Credit 1/13, but it took slightly longer than that for the data to show in my account.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime Ti, Hilton Dia, MVC Chairman, Hertz PC, Royal Caribbean D+, MSC Diamond
Stayed in Sept 2018 and none of the $800 in charges at Grand Wailea was reimbursed. Called Amex and it rep said it was not an authorized spend.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by frank808
Stayed in Sept 2018 and none of the $800 in charges at Grand Wailea was reimbursed. Called Amex and it rep said it was not an authorized spend.
What did you charge? We plan on charging restaurants and valet parking for sure.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by frank808
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
What did you charge? We plan on charging restaurants and valet parking for sure.
I sure hope you called back as the rep was obviously clueless, what you charge has no bearing on the credit as long as the charge comes directly from a qualifying property.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
I sure hope you called back as the rep was obviously clueless, what you charge has no bearing on the credit as long as the charge comes directly from a qualifying property.
Actually, I believe if a resort outsources the valet, spa, etc. to outside companies, and coded it that way, they may not be considered hotel charges.

That's why it's important that the poster comes back and tells us what he charged for $800 that did not count...and it had to have not counted twice, once automatically from the original charge, and a second time when he called about it and they still said no.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:37 pm

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
Best use of 250 resort fee credit in Scottsdale?

Not looking for a room but currently in Scottsdale and want to treat the wife. Spa, a nice supper, golf? Thanks for any experiences you've had using the credit in the area.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
Ways people have used 250 resort fee credit in Scottsdale?

Don't need a room but looking at some ways my wife and I could used the credit. Golf, spa. food...What are some ways you've used yours?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Just have things charged to the room. The Hilton is very liberal with the resort credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.