Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by sarahlee
Does anyone know if there are any self serviced washer/dryers?
Will be doing an extended stay and don't want to end up with hundreds of dollars of laundry bills!
This is certainly not a resort where they are expecting people to come and do their own washing / drying.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 2:32 pm

Yup. No coin-operated gear there, I'm afraid! ROFL!
Old Oct 23, 2019, 9:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by gallagher
This is certainly not a resort where they are expecting people to come and do their own washing / drying.
I will go against the grain here and announce that I have no hesitation doing my own washing / drying. Anyone can call it stingy, frugal, tight or any other adjective they want, it doesn't bother me one bit. They did teach us in school that sticks and stones may break my bones but your words will never hurt me.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 9:27 pm

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by alanslegal
I will go against the grain here and announce that I have no hesitation doing my own washing / drying. Anyone can call it stingy, frugal, tight or any other adjective they want, it doesn't bother me one bit. They did teach us in school that sticks and stones may break my bones but your words will never hurt me.
You can do your own washing. However they will not be any facilities to help you in doing this (other than the usual paid for laundry/dry cleaning services). And soap / water of course
Old Oct 23, 2019, 9:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
You can do your own washing. However they will not be any facilities to help you in doing this (other than the usual paid for laundry/dry cleaning services). And soap / water of course
Soap and water in the wash basin, like how grandmother used to do it.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 9:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Self-service laundry facilities are rare but not unheard of at luxury resorts:

https://m.fourseasons.com/content/fo...es.mobile.html
Old Oct 24, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond

I mean, I’m not saying I would but *shrugs*. No weight restriction on the yacht is there hahaha
Old Oct 24, 2019, 12:49 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
You could try to have it delivered there. And then sell it to the next guest as you leave. Or hide it somewhere on the island, so that only FTers could find and use it.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
To be honest with the initial reviews, foliage issues, etc. I almost cancelled the WA months ago - but waited.

Now, it seems like a lot of the issues have been ironed out. What it comes down to now is probably food. Do you get gouged to the extent it looks like you do from some comments in here? I get it's the Maldives and I know it's not cheap - but £60 for half a spatchcock chicken just jars me a bit.

I dunno, given it's our first time in the Maldives I'm quite tempted to try both resorts; but I kind of wish we had time to do 5 + 5 nights rather than 5+3; I'm concerned it might feel rushed.
Just make sure that you asked to leave the 1st resort at 7am. That way, you should be in the 2nd resort before midday

That way, you should loose too much time
Old Oct 24, 2019, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by goliath
You could try to have it delivered there. And then sell it to the next guest as you leave. Or hide it somewhere on the island, so that only FTers could find and use it.
POTM! ^^
Old Oct 24, 2019, 6:42 am

Programs: EX DL DM. Free Agent Flier. Virtuoso TA & Every single hotel affiliation out there.
Originally Posted by francophile
Self-service laundry facilities are rare but not unheard of at luxury resorts:

Exactly... There are self washers at Rancho Valencia as well - Forbes 5 STAR diamond.
Just because I can afford to stay in really nice places doesn't mean I'd like to pay someone 7$/tee shirt when it takes literally 2 minutes to throw 10 tees in the washer, come back 30 minutes later to throw those 10 tees in the dryer for 40 minutes. It just makes working out easier as you accumulate a lot of smelly clothes to have a washer/dryer handy.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 9:07 am

We bring a small bottle of detergent and wash in the sinks. Then let the clothes hang dry.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
As we have some luxury hotels in the US or in the typical US holiday destinations with washer and dryer, we definitily need them in the maldives.
Even better is to introduce a resort fee and offering free local calls and free parking.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 1:30 pm

Yeah. I think free parking for submarines would be great. Oh, but wait.....you're not allowed to arrive by your own transportation. But wait a minute.....only if you're a rich Arab with your own megayacht are you allowed to arrive by your own transportation. How stupid of me!
Old Oct 24, 2019, 2:39 pm

Just about to leave the WA after a superb 10 nights here. We spent 10 nights at the Conrad last year (both trips as a Diamond).
The WA is excellent in every aspect. I cannot fault anything here. Our stay was superb. I'll do a full trip advisor review at some point soon. Any specific questions you need answering to help you make your mind up?
How was the weather during your stay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.