Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:27 am

This forum is a wealth of information. So very helpful! We are traveling from Texas for a week over Christmas with our two 11 and 13 year old kids.A few questions:

1) Is the Family Water Villa the best option if we need 2-3 beds? We are booked in a BV right now with points for 6 nights. I emailed and the reply said we could get a complimentary upgrade since we're Diamond Members and its our 20th anniversary, for part of the stay. Not sure how much of a guarantee it is and to what room exactly. So I am inquiring about a good price to upgrade for the entire stay.

2) Will the kids be bored with limited wi-fi or are there activities to keep them occupied?

3) I recently got a free award night certificate but reservations isn't letting me replace one of the 6 points nights with the free reward night without rebooking. There are no standard point rooms available for the entire stay so I'm worried if we rebook that we may not be able to rebook with points/award night. Should I just leave it or if there a way around it?

Thank so much! Looking forward to our first trip here!
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zjnea
2) Will the kids be bored with limited wi-fi or are there activities to keep them occupied?
If wi-fi coverage is a deciding factor to keep your kids from getting bored, then I would just leave them at home rather than take them halfway around the world and spend a lot of money on their accommodation in a place like the Maldives.

Apart from that, wi-fi isn't all that limited at Conrad Rangali.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:28 pm

This forum is a wealth of information. So very helpful! We are traveling from Texas for a week over Christmas with our two 11 and 13 year old kids.A few questions:

1) Is the Family Water Villa the best option if we need 2-3 beds? We are booked in a BV right now with points for 6 nights. I emailed and the reply said we could get a complimentary upgrade since we're Diamond Members and its our 20th anniversary, for part of the stay. Not sure how much of a guarantee it is and to what room exactly. So I am inquiring about a good price to upgrade for the entire stay.

3) I recently got a free award night certificate but reservations isn't letting me replace one of the 6 points nights with the free reward night without rebooking. There are no standard point rooms available for the entire stay so I'm worried if we rebook that we may not be able to rebook with points/award night. Should I just leave it or if there a way around it?

Thank so much! Looking forward to our first trip here!
Hi zjnea.

1. The FWV(Family Water Villa) is by far your best bet for a villa with 2 proper beds (it has 3 so perfect for what you need). The next choice is a JBS(Junior Beach Suite) or BS(Beach Suite) and they are a lot more expensive than the FWV.
Very interesting you got a confirmed upgrade in an email before your stay. Never heard of that happening before. I suppose they've overbooked BVs.

2. Kids will not be bored as the in-room WiFi is excellent and the kids club is fantastic. You can check out the link in the wiki for info and review.

3. Finally, you'll most likely have to call HHonors in the US and get them to get the Rangali reservations department on the phone (3-way call) and they will sort it out for you.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
2. Kids will not be bored as the in-room WiFi is excellent and the kids club is fantastic.
For the 11-year old, maybe, but I don't see much of interest for a 13-year old at the kids club.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Do not cancel and try to rebook. Your worry is valid, there is no way to know in advance if you will find standard points rooms after you cancel the existing reservation.
You can try via phone but may not succeed, if not just be content with what you have.
The right way to do this would have been to book 5 nights in one reservation, the 6th in another. That way you could call and book your free night, then cancel the award night.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 5:13 pm

Wi-fi is not a deciding factor. Just wondering what activities they have for kids so we can know how many games, books etc. to bring. Thanks.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 5:16 pm

Great! Thanks for the insight on the rebooking and upgrades. I do think the Beach Villa is overbooked right now. I'll wait to hear back on what they say on price upgrade for booking a Family Water Villa so we can make sure to get the room category we want. Will post findings here.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by goliath
For the 11-year old, maybe, but I don't see much of interest for a 13-year old at the kids club.
You may be right however there are plenty of board games there suitable for that age and they can bring in an extra staff member if there is no-one of a similar age to play with.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 1:21 pm

UPDATE
For Dec 20-27, 2018 we are booked in a BV with points and are Diamond members.
I asked for an upgrade for Two Adults, and two older children.
I received this: ·
Retreat Water Villa :$ 368.00 per night
Family Water Villa : $ 880.00

Is the only difference between the two the fact that the FWV has two twin beds in the second bedroom and the RWV has two spa beds? Could I just ask ask for regular twin beds in the RWV since that is what we need? Curious as to where the other two people in a RWV would normally sleep?
Lastly, any method work well for asking for a further discount? Thanks so much again for the assistance.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
So... I understand that the property is currently out of stock of the stuffed animals (sea creatures, I think?).

I'm currently collecting these from Conrad properties I visit - do you think it's worth requesting for them sent over after the stay? =/

(I'll probably try my luck asking anyway, but thought I'd check if anyone's got an experience to share!)
Old Mar 31, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Lctkw
So... I understand that the property is currently out of stock of the stuffed animals (sea creatures, I think?).

I'm currently collecting these from Conrad properties I visit - do you think it's worth requesting for them sent over after the stay? =/

(I'll probably try my luck asking anyway, but thought I'd check if anyone's got an experience to share!)
Checked in yesterday. No stuffed creatures were given.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 6:20 am

My daughter received three different ones last week.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Ask your housekeeper, if he can get you a stuffed animal. Normally they have a few in stock. A generous tip may help :-)
Old Mar 31, 2018, 10:54 am

UPDATE
For Dec 20-27, 2018 we are booked in a BV with points and are Diamond members.
I asked for an upgrade for Two Adults, and two older children.
I received this: ·
Retreat Water Villa :$ 368.00 per night
Family Water Villa : $ 880.00
Thanks for the rates. I'll add them to the wiki.

Is the only difference between the two the fact that the FWV has two twin beds in the second bedroom and the RWV has two spa beds? Could I just ask ask for regular twin beds in the RWV since that is what we need? Curious as to where the other two people in a RWV would normally sleep?
Yes, that's pretty much it as far as the differences go. I don't think they will do that since they changed the 21 villas to 14 RWVs and 7 FWVs. You'll only get a rollaway bed if you ask for an extra one.

Lastly, any method work well for asking for a further discount? Thanks so much again for the assistance.
Have you read my Guidelines For Paid Upgrades post (linked in my sig)?
Old Apr 1, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Thanks so much for the tip... that did the trick! =)
Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
Ask your housekeeper, if he can get you a stuffed animal. Normally they have a few in stock. A generous tip may help :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.