Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2018, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by englisha
I Just got offered 350 USD++ from water villa (reward booking) to Retreat overwater villa. As i't over Christmas, I thought that was good considering that the AP rate is 2500++ and took the offer.
Pretty solid. Did they give you any other quotes or did you just ask about the retreat specifically?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Willbur
Pretty solid. Did they give you any other quotes or did you just ask about the retreat specifically?
I was also offered FWV for 1050 as we will be with our 2 young kids. Although the FWV would have been perfect (we were lucky enough to be upgraded to this room last time), it was just a bit too much for me. I was actually wondering what they would do with the RWV when an extra bed is needed? Would they put it in the spa treatment room and make it like a 2nd bedroom?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by englisha
I was also offered FWV for 1050 as we will be with our 2 young kids. Although the FWV would have been perfect (we were lucky enough to be upgraded to this room last time), it was just a bit too much for me. I was actually wondering what they would do with the RWV when an extra bed is needed? Would they put it in the spa treatment room and make it like a 2nd bedroom?
i have read somewhere before that they actually convert an existing daybed inside the RWV to become a bed for the third person to sleep. forget where, must be a blog. bc i remember seeing the photos of it with bedsheet covering it as well. i presume this daybed is in the living corner somewhere. it's def not in the spa tx room, where there is an existing spa tx table.

This day bed is def not wide enough for 2 adults. 2 young kids might fit if they dont kick each other, i think
Old Apr 12, 2018, 12:55 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Yes, if you stay in a RWV with one child, they will make up the sofa / daybed which is located right next to the entrance. We stayed in RWVs twice with our daughter, and that's where she slept.

There is definitely no room for two children on that bed, since it is not a "pull-out" type of sofa. So my assumption is that they would bring in an extra rollaway bed.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by Willbur
What type of rates have people been getting offered after booking water villa at 95k points?
The Water Villa to X rates (listed under 2018) in the wiki are all applicable.

Originally Posted by lhrhappy
https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...-award-prices/

It's not even the first time he's written about it. Must be having trouble coming up with content.
Certainly looks that way.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by parioneti
Hi, everyone.

I'm planning a trip for my mother's 60th birthday at the property.
I'll use points for 5 nights and 3 weekend certificates for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

1) Is it possible for her to choose a speedboat transfer instead of seaplane even if she arrives early?
I think she's a little hesitant about riding a seaplane and prefers domestic transfer + speedboat if the price is the same.
Yes, you can specify what time you'd like to take a domestic flight regardless of when you arrive in Male. Click here for a link to the Male(MLE) - Maamigili(VAM) timetable. Take your pick from the Male departure times. If you want the first flight out in the morning, you should arrive at Rangali at around 9:45 to 10AM (island / Rangali time).

And as for notifying them, you'll just have to specify that the inbound (to Rangali) and outbound transfers are both domestic flight + speedboat, and let them know at least 2 to 3 days before you arrive. Better to give them at least a week's notice. Note that the resort will decide on which flight you should take back to Male based on your international flight's departure time from the Maldives. If you aren't satisfied with their choice, you can only take an earlier flight, not a later one.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
The Water Villa to X rates (listed under 2018) in the wiki are all applicable.
Awesome, thanks. Wasn't sure if they would be different for the award water villa bookings for some reason - thanks!
Old Apr 12, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Can anyone who plays Pokemon GO comment on whether there are gyms and pokestops on the property?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: AS 100K
Am here now, have seen a number of visitors from the USA, 5 or 6 couples. Got a RWV at a great upgrade rate and very happy with it.

Happy hour at Vilu seems to have gone further downhill... instead of a concoction of the day, they just give you a list of house liquors and soft drinks and say you can make whatever you want with them. I had a vodka pineapple and it was good, but it's kind of like okay, what's the point? I'd rather pay for drinks than feel like a college student. Dinner at Vilu was underwhelming, good service but just okay food. Unfortunately, breakfast there and happy hour had below average service as well.

Those are pretty much the only negative I can report, except for some unfortunate weather - lots of wind and/or storms. Everything else is perfect - our host, Hussein, is right on top of it and we have loved stretching and running sessions with Manesh - he's the ten year veteran yoga teacher and is a fountain of knowledge about the resort and a fantastic teacher of yoga. Dinner at sunset grill was very good and Ithaa dinner was well worth the $325++. This would easily go for $150++ at a regular restaurant in the states, so not a terrible mark-up all things considered.

Tour de Spa package is also very good, with a wonderful, deep tissue massage given by the staff, followed by a spectacular lunch and fish feeding at Mandhoo. Our next inclusive treatment will be in a few days, which we have asked to be delivered in our RWV - I'd feel bad not using that spa room otherwise!

Breakfast at Atoll is very nice, but point taken about how it used to be better. The sushi in particular is pretty useless, not sure why it's served. Fresh juices are great and I have *loved* eating the fresh Maldivian fish. Not sure why people go for omelettes when the fish was caught locally and is still fresh, but to each their own.

Originally Posted by jsteinberg
Question: I spend a ton of my time snorkeling, as I don't dive....but will swim around for hours (only past trip was @ Park Hyatt in the Maldives) ...

I have read the wiki and reviews, and know the best option from shore is off the beach villas out to the drop off.

I also see there is an excursion called "Island Hopping" for 3 hours...but cannot find much additional info on it. I haven't been able to find anything in this thread, I am trying to see if anyone has done it...and how it compares to just swimming out from shore to the house reef.

The excursion pdf from the wiki doesn't go into much detail about the actual trip either...any info on snorkeling options beyond the house reef are appreciated!
Going on this in a few days and will report back.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Two gyms and a few stops! =P

Watch out for (region-specific) Torkoals!

(Incomplete WiFi coverage is likely to be an issue for some of those spots, though. Also, don't expect enough participants for legendary raids.)

Originally Posted by StephenW
Can anyone who plays Pokemon GO comment on whether there are gyms and pokestops on the property?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 7:05 am

Going on this in a few days and will report back.[/QUOTE]

Awesome thank you!
Old Apr 13, 2018, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Lctkw
Incomplete WiFi coverage is likely to be an issue for some of those spots, though.
One would hope.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: AA PP (1MM), Admirals Club, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyingmusicianlax
Breakfast at Atoll is very nice, but point taken about how it used to be better. The sushi in particular is pretty useless, not sure why it's served. Fresh juices are great and I have *loved* eating the fresh Maldivian fish. Not sure why people go for omelettes when the fish was caught locally and is still fresh, but to each their own.
Is the local fish part of the breakfast buffet or do you have to ask for it?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by IvanCU
Is the local fish part of the breakfast buffet or do you have to ask for it?
Steamed Maldivian fish has always been part of the offerings and grilled was (until somewhere around late 2016) but now you have to ask for it to be cooked that way. If things have changed since early 2017 then somebody please chime in with the latest.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Steamed Maldivian fish has always been part of the offerings and grilled was (until somewhere around late 2016) but now you have to ask for it to be cooked that way. If things have changed since early 2017 then somebody please chime in with the latest.
When I was there a few months ago, there was something called "reef fish" on the buffet near the smoked salmon. I assumed it was local. Not sure though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.