Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2018, 4:08 pm

Following on with the points - I'm assuming it's not possible to really earn anything when using actual points to stay at the resort. Any spend at the resort will be a different game I image - however we don't have any Hilton Exclusive cards in Australia - so that will limit what we can earn I guess
Old Mar 13, 2018, 4:34 pm

A week on points may still have your spend hit 4-5k. A bit longer and spending up and you hit 10k, or 100k base points pretty rapidly, even without paying for accom.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by goliath
Depends on the promos running. I've taken home 300k+ from Rangali with double points and some Conrad promos. It should be possible to get more than 400k with the right promo(s).

I checked again, and the max I ever got was 331k (100k base points + Diamond / double dipping bonus 100k + Double points 100k + 15 x 2k Bonus per night at Conrad + 1k Myway Bonus).
Indeed it is possible.

Spent 7 nights last year and received almost 320,000 points all up; that's equivalent to ~4.21 free nights (at 380/5nights). #winning
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by lhrhappy
On our last stay, we weren't awarded points according to what we spent at the resort. Instead, my Hilton account shows 100,000 base points for the stay, plus a 50% bonus on base points, a 50% diamond bonus, and a 1000-point diamond myway bonus. Is this normal?
Originally Posted by Cynicor
A week on points may still have your spend hit 4-5k. A bit longer and spending up and you hit 10k, or 100k base points pretty rapidly, even without paying for accom.
Interesting!
I had a little over 5k net bill (excluding tax&sc) and got 100k base points for that. Still wondering how that worked? And again, we received points for the seaplane transfer.

A question came to my mind when reading MF is planning a 30 nights stay: Would it be possible to split reservations? So basically after every 5th or 10th night "checking out" and the other person "checking in" without leaving? I know, you'd have to book accordingly but if you do, would CR do that?

Last edited by alp67; Mar 14, 2018 at 2:49 am
Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by alp67
I had a little over 5k net bill (excluding tax&sc) and got 100k base points for that. Still wondering how that worked? And again, we received points for the seaplane transfer.
Are you absolutely sure that the other 50K were not from earning style (Points & Points) or from a second villa booked using your account?

A question came to my mind when reading MF is planning a 30 nights stay: Would it be possible to split reservations? So basically after every 5th or 10th night "checking out" and the other person "checking in" without leaving? I know, you'd have to book accordingly but if you do, would CR do that?
Yup. That's exactly what we're going to do. I haven't yet calculated our exact spend but probably will be the first 15 nights on my account and then the remaining 15 nights on my girlfriend's. You can have the same guests staying at a property in the same room as long as you split the stay into multiple bookings because each HHonors account is registered to a different name and name(s) of the additional guest(s) does not matter. The system will handle this automatically and CR reservations / FD don't need to do anything.

Originally Posted by SingaporeJunkie
I had about $2,000 in eligible spend and I ended up banking well over 100k points. Thanks Hilton.
Originally Posted by metcon123
That's awesome! How were you able to stack that many points? Mind sharing.
Wouldn't be that hard with an added seaplane (which happens sometimes as we have seen), earning style, tier bonus and a double points promo would easily take it over 100K.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Are you absolutely sure that the other 50K were not from earning style (Points & Points)
If you elect Points & Points, would the other 50K appear as "base points"? Or would they be broken out differently? I have the same situation - spent about $5k (seaplane and taxes included), and somehow I have 100k "base points" plus another 100k in other bonuses. And this was an award stay.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Jermyn
Weren't you planning to head to Rangali for 30 nights at some point?!
Yes, hopefully at the end of this year.

Question for Jermyn and other frequent flyers:

On our last stay, we weren't awarded points according to what we spent at the resort. Instead, my Hilton account shows 100,000 base points for the stay, plus a 50% bonus on base points, a 50% diamond bonus, and a 1000-point diamond myway bonus. Is this normal?
I spent less than $10k, though. Should I expect them to revise this number downward?
No and no.....so don't look the gift horse in the mouth!
Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:49 am

If you elect Points & Points, would the other 50K appear as "base points"? Or would they be broken out differently? I have the same situation - spent about $5k (seaplane and taxes included), and somehow I have 100k "base points" plus another 100k in other bonuses. And this was an award stay.
Most definitely not. They (and all other bonuses) are split and each is a displayed on a different line in the details of your stay. Count yourself extremely lucky!
Old Mar 14, 2018, 10:19 am

Are you absolutely sure that the other 50K were not from earning style (Points & Points) or from a second villa booked using your account?
100% sure, was only the two of us, 6k incl. tax&sc, (5k excl.)

This is what obviously happend to lhrhappy as well.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 10:22 am

100% sure, was only the two of us, 6k incl. tax&sc, (5k excl.)
Mine looks exactly the same way on $4k spend, even less if you subtract out the seaplane and taxes. (For those wondering - we intend on upping our restaurant and excursion game the next time we return. We were surprised that the total was that low after 10 nights.)
Old Mar 14, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
If I were in the same situation, I would just enjoy the extra points and not keep posting about it in a public forum.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by goliath
If I were in the same situation, I would just enjoy the extra points and not keep posting about it in a public forum.
I think I want to be upfront about it in this case. If a clawback is going to happen, I want it to happen now, not later, so that I can plan better.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Speaking from personal experience (multiple times): don't worry.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:41 pm

I wouldn't worry about clawbacks either.

And on another topic, here's a good pic of 348 and its panoramic view due to the absence of the vertical / privacy panelling on the LHS of the villa.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Mar 14, 2018 at 7:24 pm
Old Mar 14, 2018, 5:57 pm

I wouldn't worry about clawbacks either.
And on another topic, here's a good pic of 348 and its panoramic view due to the abscence of the vertical / privacy panelling on the LHS of the villa.

MF, on that stretch of villas (321-342 and 343-348), is the vertical/privacy paneling all built on the RHS of all the villas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.