Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Best Strategies for Receiving an Upgrade" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Best Strategies for Receiving an Upgrade" thread

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Over the last 20 years, I've probably gotten upgrades in half of my stays (where the property in fact had upgradeable inventory). If an upgrade is really important, I fax the the manager about a week in advance with my request.
On the Wayback Maychine (web.archive.org) I found a 2012-"Appeal to save the fax".

My upgrade rate is about 80-90% and, besides from picking low occupancy nights, my advice would be: when you arrive at the hotel, try to do the opposite of what I just did above.
Old May 7, 2022, 2:54 pm

I’ve been 2x both at Tapestry collection.

Roslyn Long Island to suite and

Bernic NYC to amazing large balcony with views Empire State Building.

Not counting regular upgrades on day of bookings.
say booked Kimg only available and I wanted 2 beds or vise versa
Old Jul 7, 2023, 2:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Gold/Diamond upgrades, best to online or physical check in?

For the Diamond or Gold “space available upgrade” at Hilton properties, is it better to do online check in or wait and see what they offer in person? Not sure if one gives better returns than the other.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 2:23 pm

I’ve had good luck texting my request directly to hotel and not doing online checkin
wysiwyg likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.