Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How does the Miles & More offer work?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How does the Miles & More offer work?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Cool

Originally Posted by edot8
Completed my 8 stays for diamond status match challenge.
A free 20k points was much welcomed - since I don't collect on star alliance, I'm likely going to burn it flying to HKG to SIN.
Might have to see how much more I need for other seats on the Sinapore airlines flight. Crack open the amex wallet for get the rest across.
Very valuable contribution closely attached to this thread's title and content
Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Any chance this gets extended... or at least comes back before year end in another form?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RafKa
Any chance this gets extended... or at least comes back before year end in another form?
Doubt it, but we can dream!
RafKa likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: Exec Club - Gold, HH - Diamond, Club Carlson - Gold, IHG - Spire
This thread and also the HFP has been really useful so thanks for posting. Without purposefully booking trips to maximise this offer i've managed to rack up 55k of miles, whilst using the bargains offers is a return flight in business to Chicago!
Old Oct 30, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by anwan
Will I get those M&M miles for stay where I would check in 31 st of Oct and check out 1st of Nov?
I got the same question but I doubt that my 1 night stay starting on Oct 31 will be eligible after reading this:
(3) compete an eligible stay at any participating hotel or resort within the Hilton Honors portfolio from 1 August, 2018 through October 31, 2018 (promotional period). Bonus Mileage: Earn 2500 Miles & More award Miles for stays during the promotional period.
Since the stay is not completed within the promotional period, I would assume that it will not count.
We will know more after the stay posts.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by flockavelliFT
I got the same question but I doubt that my 1 night stay starting on Oct 31 will be eligible after reading this:

Since the stay is not completed within the promotional period, I would assume that it will not count.
We will know more after the stay posts.
I realize it states completed by Oct 31 but in the past a stay beginning by the last day (Oct 31 in this case) would count within the promotion period so it probably will credit the 2500 miles.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 3:39 pm

Would really love to see this promo get extended....
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
Deleted by Saint4805. Question answered earlier in thread.

Last edited by Saint4805; Nov 5, 2018 at 12:47 pm
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I’m having problems with a stay completed on 30th October. The miles did not post along with the usual stay points and I chatted with Hilton. Apparently Lufthansa credits the miles, not Hilton in this promotion. My stay posted on 5th of November and Lufthansa will not credit miles for a stay that posts after the end of October, apparently. So it looks like stays right at the end of the promotion could be tricky.

Last edited by Concerto; Nov 6, 2018 at 12:51 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:25 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Concerto
I’m having problems with a stay completed on 30th October. The miles did not post along with the usual stay points and I chatted with Hilton. Apparently Lufthansa credits the miles, not Hilton in this promotion. My stay posted on 5th of November and Lufthansa will not credit miles for a stay that post after the end of October, apparently. So it looks like stays right at the end of the promotion could be tricky.

Same situation here.

Had two stays last week, one checking out on the 30th and the other checking out on the 31st. The points for the first stay have been credited but no sign about the LH Miles(still waiting points and miles for the 2nd stay).
Could be that some hotels are not participating?

Thanks,
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:34 am

Received 2500 miles for those stays where the M&M number was quoted on the invoice and received nothing for one stay where the 'AL' (Airline?) row/field on the invoice was blank. I don't understand why it was blank in some cases as it should pick this up from my HH account. Can someone please advise if I can claim this retrospectively via contacting HH or the hotel in question even though it's now 6 November? The stay in question was checking in 30 October and checking out on 31 October and so it should have been an eligible stay. Seems unfair that retrospective claims can't be considered if the stay was within the eligible period.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Saint4805
Received 2500 miles for those stays where the M&M number was quoted on the invoice and received nothing for one stay where the 'AL' (Airline?) row/field on the invoice was blank. I don't understand why it was blank in some cases as it should pick this up from my HH account. Can someone please advise if I can claim this retrospectively via contacting HH or the hotel in question even though it's now 6 November? The stay in question was checking in 30 October and checking out on 31 October and so it should have been an eligible stay. Seems unfair that retrospective claims can't be considered if the stay was within the eligible period.
Unfair, yes. But my understanding is that once the invoice has been produced without the M&M number nothing can be done. I think if you were to have any hope it would be to appeal to the hotel to update the invoice (but I sadly don't feel you would be successful). Once/If the M&M number is on the invoice you could then maybe push for the miles.

Good Luck!
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by neo_781
Unfair, yes. But my understanding is that once the invoice has been produced without the M&M number nothing can be done. I think if you were to have any hope it would be to appeal to the hotel to update the invoice (but I sadly don't feel you would be successful). Once/If the M&M number is on the invoice you could then maybe push for the miles.

Good Luck!
Thanks. Luckily I'm staying at the said hotel this week and can address it in person with the front desk. No doubt I will be told that the 'system won't allow' another invoice to be generated with new details added. I signed up to this HH promotion in good faith and had set Lufthansa M&M as my preferred program and so everything was done correctly from my side. I needed the 2500 miles for an award flight and if I'm now short I'll be most dismayed. In fact the only solution I'd have would be to convert HH points into M&M miles - ironic and unfair rolled into one.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 1:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
My stay from Oct 31st - Nov 1th has now posted, but no M&M miles credited. As expected.
Got 12 stays total credited for this promo = 30k miles without major inconvenience. Great promo!
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:24 am

This was a great promo. I read about it late, but still managed to rack up 35k M&M points. No news of a new promo to take its place?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.