Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How does the Miles & More offer work?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How does the Miles & More offer work?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
I'm still out a stay with checkout on 30th October.
+1. The 2500 miles show on the Hilton site, but not on the M&M one. Previous stays credited automatically.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Actually, for that particular stay they don’t even show on the Hilton site for me. Somehow it got missed out totally. I wrote to them by email, attaching a scan of the checkout bill, and they replied saying it was forwarded to the appropriate department. We will see.

It’s strange, because the whole thing was reasonably dependable all the way through.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by monahos
+1. The 2500 miles show on the Hilton site, but not on the M&M one. Previous stays credited automatically.
i am also still waiting for a few Hilton stays (near end of October) to post 2500 Lufthansa miles ..... they kept telling me the Hilton DB update is still ongoing ....
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, this hasn't gone too well. Here is what I received today from CS:

Dear Concerto,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding miles for the stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa from Oct 29, 2018 to Oct 30, 2018 confirmation# xxxx.

Upon further review of your inquiry, per our liaison, we are unable to award the Lufthansa promotional miles due to the Lufthansa airline account was not attached to your reservation and in order to receive the miles the frequent flyer account must have been provided at the time of booking, check in or checked out. Unfortunately the offer is not retroactive for past stays and ended on Oct. 31, 2018. We are terribly sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Should you require further assistance, please contact the Hilton Customer Service Center at the address or telephone number listed below. Any Honors Customer Service Representative will be happy to assist you.

Thanks for your ongoing loyalty. If you have any questions, you can connect with us via email, or reach us via telephone at +1-800-446-6677
Sincerest Regards
Hilton Reservations and Customer Care
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And here is the rubbish I got from Miles & More itself. I mean, did you really expect anything else?? I suppose most of you have already got your bonus 25th anniversary stays sorted out, without (sensibly) leaving it too late in the promotion window.

Dear Concerto,

Our partner, Hilton, changed the mileage-crediting conditions. For accommodation up until 01 April 2018 award miles were allocated automatically if you registered yourself as a Hilton Honors member before your stay, selected "Points & Miles" as your earning preference in that profile and entered your Miles & More card number.

On 02 April 2018 the automatic earning of award miles was discontinued. Now, it is only possible to convert Hilton Honors points to miles. For this option you need to be registered with Hilton Honors. If you are, you can apply for the conversion in your Hilton Honors profile under "Exchange Section".

As the holder of a Miles & More Credit Card you continue to earn miles per € 1 spent, according to the terms of your particular type of credit card. At www.miles-and-more-kreditkarte.com you will find information on this topic.

The decision to revise the conditions lies solely with our partner and we have no information about the motives or reasons.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Your Miles & More Team

Old Dec 27, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
Anyone still waiting on miles to be credited to their M&M accounts? A HH agent told me I have to contact M&M. I'm still waiting on 7.5k miles and suffered quite of bit of inconvenience checking in and out three times at different hotels in the same city to try and get these miles.

I have a feeling that the root cause might be the HH IT issues. If M&M had a hard cut-off date of 31 October then the delayed posting of points (due to the HH IT issues) miles might explain why they never got credited to the M&M accounts. Any thoughts or update on this?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But I think a lot is the fault of M&M too. Same goes for their mileage promotions with Budget, Avis and others. In my case, instead of driving business with a certain partner it makes me look elsewhere. Which, paradoxically, is maybe what they want? I just wonder, because at some point, if you were managing this, you'd want things to function without ongoing issues.

I have more or less written off my stay from 29th October. It is too much of a hassle and time waste to chase it up. Will I participate next time? Probably not, but we will see.

I am also unhappy with Honors, as it does not seem to work properly. They offered me a status match to Gold, offering to renew it for 2019 if I completed 4 stays by end November 2018. It appears to not have worked, so I will have to fight for that one. Again, I am really asking myself, is it worth it? I am not as far up the Hilton tree as most of you, and right now it does not look that attractive.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Good morning!

I had my last 2500 M&M points post overnight. This was for an Oct. 28 checkout. I had provided all of my information to Lauren about 6 weeks ago.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would you happen to have a contact email you could share? I am holding out no hope of getting this sorted, but somehow having a connection to the right person who could sort it would be good.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:04 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Would you happen to have a contact email you could share? I am holding out no hope of getting this sorted, but somehow having a connection to the right person who could sort it would be good.
I sent a private message to Lauren here on FT. @HonorsRepresentative
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah I see, I didn't know the Hilton lurker was called Lauren. Thanks very much, owe you a beer (while fully aware that beer might not be your thing!)
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:13 pm

I'm still waiting for 2,500 miles from a 31 Oct checkout.

E-mail correspondence with Honors in early December assured me that I did earn the miles, but I would have to wait the boilerplate "6 to 8 weeks" for these to show up in my Mile s & More account.

I will follow up in late January.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by twitch76
Good morning!

I had my last 2500 M&M points post overnight. This was for an Oct. 28 checkout. I had provided all of my information to Lauren about 6 weeks ago.
Thanks for the info.

I am missing 5000 miles from 2 stays at the end of October.
I will try also Lauren in a few days because the mails to the Diamond desk have brought cero results.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Me too, but dumbly I don't seem to know how to attach a document to a PM on Flyertalk. Maybe Lauren will reply with an email address and tell me to send it by email.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Me too, but dumbly I don't seem to know how to attach a document to a PM on Flyertalk. Maybe Lauren will reply with an email address and tell me to send it by email.
I am in the same situation re. attached document but my idea was to copy and paste the mail sent to the Diamond Desk.
The stays and HH points have posted correctly and I am just missing the M&M bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.