Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How does the Miles & More offer work?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)

I followed the link, filled in the form, got the confirmation.

At no time however was I asked for my Miles & More account number.

For this offer to work, does my FF program need to be set to Miles & More? I have it set to Emirates from back when it was useful.

If so, I have made three stays since I signed up. Have I missed out on those points?
Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: BAEC, HH Diamond
It’s definitely confusing!

I entered my 15 digit M&M number and set LH as my preferred travel partner. Odd thing is, I’ve done 2 stays since the promotion started and no miles yet! HHonors line said it may take up to 6 weeks to credit the miles, although not sure I believe that!
Old Aug 11, 2018, 4:40 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci

For this offer to work, does my FF program need to be set to Miles & More? I have it set to Emirates from back when it was useful.

If so, I have made three stays since I signed up. Have I missed out on those points?
Definitely have your Honors airline account set to Miles and More, otherwise they do not know your Lufthansa account number to which the miles can be allocated. Not sure if you've missed out on the 3 stays, but suspect you'll have to contact Hilton Honors to see if they'll be kind and allocate the miles.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by superspanielpower
It’s definitely confusing!
I entered my 15 digit M&M number and set LH as my preferred travel partner. Odd thing is, I’ve done 2 stays since the promotion started and no miles yet! HHonors line said it may take up to 6 weeks to credit the miles, although not sure I believe that!
In the past the change of airline partners was not instantaneous. I would also check that LH would appear as an airline partner on your hotel bill. It should be next line after HHonors#.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 1:23 am

I'm guessing it worked if it looks something like this.
Screenshot from hfp

Hfp advised that you set up your Hilton account to review points+miles to Lufthansa and provide the miles and more membership number. (Also don't forget to actually register for the bonus.)
Old Aug 12, 2018, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
There is more to it, I've just discovered.

Hilton apparently hard-codes your airline partner at the time of booking. This means that you need to get the hotel to change your preferred airline partner to LH so that the LH number shows on your bill, should you previously have had it set to a different airline or no airline at all. Alternatively retroclaim the miles afterwards.

Not everyone is having problems with this but some are. I have seen support emails sent to readers from Hilton HQ.

Also not clear if it works on reward nights ..... seems it may not.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci

Yes, you need to set it to up in your preferences and it needs to be the primary. If the number is on your hotel bill when you check out then you get the miles. If not, you are going to have to attempt to get retro credit.

In my case the miles have posted to my Hilton account but have not yet posted on my LH account.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
There is more to it, I've just discovered.

Hilton apparently hard-codes your airline partner at the time of booking. This means that you need to get the hotel to change your preferred airline partner to LH so that the LH number shows on your bill, should you previously have had it set to a different airline or no airline at all. Alternatively retroclaim the miles afterwards.

Not everyone is having problems with this but some are. I have seen support emails sent to readers from Hilton HQ.

Also not clear if it works on reward nights ..... seems it may not.

You can also go to your reservation and edit it yourself.
For the reservations made before the signup
Under "ACTION" select View/Edit
Then under guest information you'll notice you are missing the travel partner - hit "Change"
Double check that your airline (and other info whilst you're at it) is correct
Confirm and it should now show up.

Before (above)

After (above)
escape4 and bitterproffit like this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA *S, BA Fanboy
I just had my first miles post to my LH account. I stayed at the Colombo Hilton on 8 August, the miles showed in my Hilton account when this stay posted, and it looks like it took about a week for LH to pick them up.

This is going to be a great promo!
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by edot8
You can also go to your reservation and edit it yourself.
For the reservations made before the signup
Under "ACTION" select View/Edit
Then under guest information you'll notice you are missing the travel partner - hit "Change"
Double check that your airline (and other info whilst you're at it) is correct
Confirm and it should now show up.

Before (above)

After (above)
- Thank you for the instructions. However, I do not see a way to update the existing PREPAID reservation.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:52 pm

Do I still get the 80% Gold bonus with the miles and more offer? Thanks

​​​​​​
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:08 am

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by khkchan
Do I still get the 80% Gold bonus with the miles and more offer? Thanks

​​​​​​
yes
khkchan likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
I would be very grateful if anyone has a datapoint on whether you get these 2500 miles if you go for a points + cash rate because i understand you don't get them on pure redemption stays.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
Just had a response from Hilton on the question i'd raised:-

Thank you for your inquiry regarding Lufthansa Miles & More 25 Anniversary Offer. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Regretfully, the said offer could not be applied to Points and Money stays as the stay needs to be fully paid to earn the promotional mile points.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Originally Posted by snevillio
Just had a response from Hilton on the question i'd raised:-

Thank you for your inquiry regarding Lufthansa Miles & More 25 Anniversary Offer. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Regretfully, the said offer could not be applied to Points and Money stays as the stay needs to be fully paid to earn the promotional mile points.
Thanks for the update on this. I was going to do the points and money rate on an upcoming stay. I guess I won't be doing that now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.