Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How does the Miles & More offer work?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How does the Miles & More offer work?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
My first stay for this promo had multiple rooms on it and when I retrospectively had to claim miles it was only awarded once as a data point for you.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
Originally Posted by sarahluv
i've done 4 so far. all 4 show on my hilton account. 2 have shown up in my LH account so far
My stays from last Monday and Friday night just appeared in my miles and more account for info
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:14 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by Concerto
If I book two rooms, do I get miles for both rooms? Or only per booking? Because I am not so au fait with the Hilton program, I am not even sure if I get points for booking two rooms, or points for just one of the rooms.
With regard to the Honors points question, you can get the points for 2 rooms but at check out, you must ensure the charges for both rooms are on one folio. If not on one folio you will have to start ringing Hilton Honors to get the points for the second room added to your account. With regard to the miles, it would appear you'll only get them for one room.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Thanks, I am just getting in the Hilton Honors scheme now, even though I’ve been collecting for a bit. I was also thinking of using points for the second room, but elsewhere some points rates have been beyond ridiculous. It doesn’t massively inspire loyalty. Maybe the program is better at lower price level hotels.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:54 am

Has anyone tried a day rate stay with this promotion? (i.e. 1 stay, no nights)
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Is Miles and More targeted? Does it require separate registration? Does it only apply to the partners shown in post 8?

I find no record of it in my email and I don't see Miles and More when I look at the details for an existing reservation.

Thanks for any help.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by serpens
Is Miles and More targeted? Does it require separate registration? Does it only apply to the partners shown in post 8?

I find no record of it in my email and I don't see Miles and More when I look at the details for an existing reservation.

Thanks for any help.
Yes it isn't going to just show up. You will need to register for the promotion (here is the link: Miles and More Promotion) and then follow the detailed instructions on how to make M&M your default Frequent Flier partner. After that any new reservations will get the M&M partner but existing reservations will have to be modified (and you may need the hotel to change your preference).

PS - found the link via a quick google search
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:08 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thank you, neo_781.

My web page confirmations all show a travel partner, although I made the reservations before registering for Miles and More. Since the partner is shown, do I need to edit the reservation details? (Note that the partner is not Lufthansa, whose name appears in the enrollment page URL. Is that a problem?)

Last edited by serpens; Aug 21, 2018 at 5:21 pm
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by serpens
Thank you, neo_781.

My web page confirmations all show a travel partner, although I made the reservations before registering for Miles and More. Since the partner is shown, do I need to edit the reservation details? (Note that the partner is not Lufthansa, whose name appears in the enrollment page URL. Is that a problem?)
See Post 6 from Raffles. I suggest you take another read through the thread. It answers most/all of your questions.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Newbie to HHonors here. Great promo, so I'll move some of my Q3 stays here!

Quick question: I read the promo T&Cs carefully, but wanted to confirm if it's ok to hotel-hop in the same city?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by RafKa

Quick question: I read the promo T&Cs carefully, but wanted to confirm if it's ok to hotel-hop in the same city?
Yes - you will get the bonus for each unique stay. You HAVE to check in to a new hotel to trigger the bonus.
RafKa likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by edot8
Has anyone tried a day rate stay with this promotion? (i.e. 1 stay, no nights)
IME even getting points for any day use rooms is hit and miss! i get points for around half of my stays
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by RafKa

Kuala Lumpur is the best place for this. There are two identical HGIs which are literally right next to each other and count as separate properties for stays!
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:29 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
There is more to it, I've just discovered.

Hilton apparently hard-codes your airline partner at the time of booking. This means that you need to get the hotel to change your preferred airline partner to LH so that the LH number shows on your bill, should you previously have had it set to a different airline or no airline at all. Alternatively retroclaim the miles afterwards.

Not everyone is having problems with this but some are. I have seen support emails sent to readers from Hilton HQ.

Also not clear if it works on reward nights ..... seems it may not.
i couldnt retroactively claim cr@p. they woudlnt let me.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Has anybody gotten points for a spouse's Miles and More account for a stay booked on your own Hilton account? (AKA booking for Hilton diamond benefits or targeted promos and then crediting to the larger LH stash.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.