Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How does the Miles & More offer work?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How does the Miles & More offer work?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2018, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
My last two points+money stays and FnF stays did not post, so I guess FnF rates are out too.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Red Raider LV
I just had my first miles post to my LH account. I stayed at the Colombo Hilton on 8 August, the miles showed in my Hilton account when this stay posted, and it looks like it took about a week for LH to pick them up.

This is going to be a great promo!
Yes. This is much better than last year's 2K BA Avios per stay; which capped out after 5 stays. I wasn't sure how they were going to tag this as there is no longer a points+miles earnings option. But when I went to the "preferences" section of my account, my M&M number is still listed on there as being the prefered airline partner. So I guess once you are registered, it will trigger the bonus automatically after completing each stay... hopefully.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC, HH Diamond
Does anyone know how quickly the points move across to your miles and more account? I had my first batch of 2,500 post to my Hilton account this morning, but they aren’t showing in M&M?

Presumably hilton do a bulk transfer every now and then?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
I have six stays (mostly in Hampton Inn properties) during the promotion.

i have no idea what I would use 15k M&M for... I mostly fly WN and AS. But I hate to leave the points on the table if they don’t cost me earning any other points.

Is there a downside here? Ideas on what I can do with 15k M&M?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by twitch76
I have six stays (mostly in Hampton Inn properties) during the promotion.

i have no idea what I would use 15k M&M for... I mostly fly WN and AS. But I hate to leave the points on the table if they don’t cost me earning any other points.

Is there a downside here? Ideas on what I can do with 15k M&M?
17K each way for United domestic First Class. (including trans-continental) Take care with the 3-year hard expiry so start planning sooner rather than later.

+1 for no miles on an award stay, but I did get a 5K "resort" bonus that was also supposed to be paid stays only. YMMV...
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by superspanielpower
Does anyone know how quickly the points move across to your miles and more account? I had my first batch of 2,500 post to my Hilton account this morning, but they aren’t showing in M&M?

My first batch moved in about 7-10 days.

There is a small lag between posting on Hilton account and posting on your LH account
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat

3 days
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Alex_I
- Thank you for the instructions. However, I do not see a way to update the existing PREPAID reservation.
if you can’t update the reservation in advance just ask at the front desk to change/add it. As long as it is on your receipt when you check out you should get the miles.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by neo_781
if you can’t update the reservation in advance just ask at the front desk to change/add it. As long as it is on your receipt when you check out you should get the miles.
I just did this at Hilton Dublin. With the second attempt upon checkout my AA default number was changed to LH.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
Is there a way to check out availability and costs in miles and more without having the miles first? Seems as though you have to have 7000 miles before it lets you see anythkng
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by snevillio
Is there a way to check out availability and costs in miles and more without having the miles first? Seems as though you have to have 7000 miles before it lets you see anythkng
I’ve found this page useful https://www.meilenrechner.de/spend_m...p?language=eng
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
It’s definitely confusing!

I entered my 15 digit M&M number and set LH as my preferred travel partner. Odd thing is, I’ve done 2 stays since the promotion started and no miles yet! HHonors line said it may take up to 6 weeks to credit the miles, although not sure I believe that!
i've done 4 so far. all 4 show on my hilton account. 2 have shown up in my LH account so far
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:17 am

I've had one stay go through OK but the second one failed. Tried to retroclaim by e-mail but the agents did not understand what I was on about. Tried to fob me off with various bits of irrelevant nonsense (e.g. "We regret that we cannot add miles for your stay as the Earning Style Option has already been discontinued on April 2, 2018".

In the end they said that they can't add the miles and I need to phone. Unfortunately I am deaf and not able to use the phone. Any suggestions as to how I can get this done?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
Thank you for that, most useful. Any idea about typical availability, for example if i was looking to book this year around the Christmas holidays would that be a no go? New York to San Fran as an example
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
If I book two rooms, do I get miles for both rooms? Or only per booking? Because I am not so au fait with the Hilton program, I am not even sure if I get points for booking two rooms, or points for just one of the rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.