Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas {US-NV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas {US-NV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:57 am
Vic

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by invalyd
Could anyone share a good email contact for this property?

[email protected] seems to get no response
I am staying there next week - the email I got from them indicated the concierge is available at: [email protected], perhaps you should try [email protected] instead of waldorfastoria.com
invalyd likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Vic
I am staying there next week - the email I got from them indicated the concierge is available at: [email protected], perhaps you should try [email protected] instead of waldorfastoria.com
Aside from the above waldorfastoria address, I also got emails from [email protected]
invalyd likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by ABG
No, you'd get only the single program credit - but you would get the Virtuoso/FHR value add.
I don't know about FHR but for Virtuoso it is 100$ spa credit
from reports so far it seems that your diamond status will push along a room upgrade except at peak times
has anyone tried to figure out the best combo stacking of various program benefits? im curious whats the best stack.

for example, i am trying to figure out how to best use FHR, Chase Lux Hotel Collection, virtuoso, Amex Aspire CC $250 resort credits and WAstoria $100 credits via (hiltonhonorsaspirecard.com) with all the Diamond benefits. obviously some things will overlap or not allowed, but what is the best combo here? esp because FHR requires 5x MR prepay at this property (ie FHR MCCode) and LHC doesnt allow amex at booking.
danbnash likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: SK*D, HHonors D
As gold member, booking city view room, was upgraded to strip view high floor (17). Did ask politely at checkin.

Breakfast is now continental breakfast served in the Zen restaurant. No F&B voucher possible. Yoghurt with fruits + bread of choice (pastries, toast or bagel with cream cheese). Coffee/tea and freshly squeezed juice included as well.

So happy that we went here that we prolonged our stay with another 3 night booking. With no hassles allowed to stay in the same room even though we also only booked city view this time - answered via the Honors app chat system within 5 minutes.

flockavelliFT likes this.

Last edited by CPH1Flyer; Feb 1, 2019 at 11:02 am Reason: Photo too large.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by CPH1Flyer
As gold member, booking city view room, was upgraded to strip view high floor (17). Did ask politely at checkin.

Breakfast is now continental breakfast served in the Zen restaurant. No F&B voucher possible. Yoghurt with fruits + bread of choice (pastries, toast or bagel with cream cheese). Coffee/tea and freshly squeezed juice included as well.

So happy that we went here that we prolonged our stay with another 3 night booking. With no hassles allowed to stay in the same room even though we also only booked city view this time - answered via the Honors app chat system within 5 minutes.

Thanks so much for posting this update! So no credit =( I am assuming we now have to pay tax/tip on top of this breakfast for those with status?

I saw on their menu at Zen the following:

CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST
Three Petite European Pastries, New York Bagel or ToastHomemade vanilla yogurt Seasonal fruit Choice of juice & coffee or tea
$25
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:46 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CPH1Flyer

Thanks for the update, I have an eight night stay next month and was hoping for something better than bagel and fruit. Did the offer any upsell to á la carte?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by mew24680
Thanks so much for posting this update! So no credit =( I am assuming we now have to pay tax/tip on top of this breakfast for those with status?
Originally Posted by Dachshund
Thanks for the update, I have an eight night stay next month and was hoping for something better than bagel and fruit. Did the offer any upsell to á la carte?
thats a pretty long MO/WA stay. but just like CPH1Flyer had mentioned, the flexible use $25 credit per person per room is gone. now you get a fixed cont breakfast that is already designated on the menu as exactly $25. no tax on it. and if you tip, then ONLY the tip shows on the folio. not even a BF credit of -$25 is shown. i dont like how its "wiped off" from my folio with no indication of the free cont breakfst because i like to have records of everything, but oh well. this is a recent change in JAN. also, there is a BrkFst buffet but you can NOT upgrade from $25. i asked. maybe my waitress was wrong. i will ask again this week. I think its around $36, but everything there is just overpriced anyway. your call. its the MO/WA after all.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Feb 8, 2019 at 4:22 pm
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
To confirm CPH1Flyer's experience, was told at check-in, and then confirmed again this morning with the hostess at the Zen Kitchen, that Diamond breakfast is now daily continental breakfast ONLY. No $25 pp credit, breakfast cannot be upgraded. This is hugely disappointing.

We stayed at the MOLV several times prior to the rebrand. The hard product seems identical to what it was when it was the Mandarin. Jury is still out on the soft product, but I'm not impressed so far.

Cheers,
LBBZman
mew24680 and flockavelliFT like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Shame there's essentially no Diamond breakfast if opting for the buffet.

Have a stay coming up tomorrow. Would have booked elsewhere had I known this was the new policy
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by raiz
Shame there's essentially no Diamond breakfast if opting for the buffet.
Have a stay coming up tomorrow. Would have booked elsewhere had I known this was the new policy
few things:
1) enjoy your stay. MO vegas is still a very nice prop. dont care its a rebranded to WA. same hard product. same staff. they even still maintain the same uniforms from MO. the phones inside your room still says MO. if you like the MO, WA will be great. so have a good time. of course, i prefer other MO/WA properties vs the vegas one, but its still great.

2) ideally next time you use a TA like virtuoso. the whole idea is that you combine TA benefits with various amex offers or at least the amex aspire to get various credits. if you use FHR or LHC, you have to use specific cards which may or may not be useful.

from there, you can get your breakfast buffet (3rd floor - Zen Kitchen). the diamond overpriced cont brkfst is a "snack". if you booked direct, thats fine, but ive found out thats a mistake because without TA benefits, the "diamond" benefits are terrible. not just issues with "low grade" cont brkfst, but also you have to fight to get some type of upgrade and late checkout. ive gotten 2PM, but only 12PM or 1PM is usually offered. its clear they treat their corp contracts more seriously.

3) parking sux. valet only at $35/day + tax + tip. hence i always park over at MGM. very convenient and much easier to just tip the bell guys to bring your luggage after you drop it off.

4) terrible entrance location. its in city center next to aria so its almost like an MGM property, but its totally hidden. the porte cochere is "underground" below the sidewalk into aria. you will know what im talking about when you get there. there is no direct entrance to the WA.

5) inside set-up is also terrible. checkin lobby is on the 23rd floor with a nice view. thats cool and everything but there is NO direct access to your room from the ground level. no joke. this will get super annoying super quick because you always need to transfer elevators banks on floor 3, 8 or 23 to get to another set of elevators banks to get to your room. totally stupid.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Feb 15, 2019 at 7:03 pm
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG, IHG, AA, SWA
I just completed a long weekend stay and thoroughly enjoyed the property. The staff treated us great, but as others have mentioned the Diamond benefits are few (aside from the upgrade & excellent treatment, which I also attribute to status).
We chose not to eat the continental breakfast, as there wasn't really much of an incentive, and there are places we enjoy eating breakfast in Vegas, so that wasn't a big deal for us. Also, by eliminating the F&B credit, the only impact it had on us was that we weren't drawn into the property for any dining (not just breakfast).
All in all, I think it is a great property.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
2) ideally next time you use a TA like virtuoso. the whole idea is that you combine TA benefits with various amex offers or at least the amex aspire to get various credits. if you use FHR or LHC, you have to use specific cards which may or may not be useful.
Does anyone have experience with getting full buffet breakfast by booking through FHR, Impresario, Virtuoso, or LHRC?

At least for Virtuoso and LHRC I can see on the websites that it really only states continental breakfast!
I have an open Impresario request to clear that up and it's not really stated on the FHR website.
Any experiences?

I'm deciding between the WA and the Cosmo (which I've already been to) and buffet breakfast for 2 would be crucial.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
I have a stay coming up here in June for my birthday (booked City View Room for three nights), and am currently Hilton Gold thru my Platinum...I'm debating if getting an Aspire Card for Diamond is worth it...any feedback?
  • Looks like both Gold and Diamond get Continental Breakfast - no difference
  • Room Upgrade...Gold upgrade (if I get one) is most likely same room but Strip View - is this correct? Diamond upgrade (if I get one) to a suite is a crap shoot
  • I'm not sure if Diamond still gets the $50 F&B credit per day? (so $150 total for my trip)
  • $250 credit thru the Aspire credit card for on-site purchases at restaurants
  • Additional points/etc. - not too big a deal for me other than initial bonus

Any additional context/information is appreciated.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:16 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Breaking News Effective Immediately

Hi All
Just a quick update to say the original elite benefit of 50 dollars for 2 guests per day
has been restored or 25 dollar per guest up to 2 guests daily ^
The hotel made a great decision listening to-guest feedback
I must share this is one of my favorite properties in the world
the breakfast is outstanding as is the service and simply not to be missed

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Mar 5, 2019 at 1:25 pm
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Hi All
Just a quick update to say the original elite benefit of 50 dollars for 2 guests per day
has been restored or 25 dollar per guest up to 2 guests daily ^
The hotel made a great decision listening to-guest feedback
I must share this is one of my favorite properties in the world
the breakfast is outstanding as is the service and simply not to be missed

Can you use it for any meal as it was before?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.