Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas {US-NV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas {US-NV}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:52 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Can you use it for any meal as it was before?
Yes that is correct!
Anything at all
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Hi All
Just a quick update to say the original elite benefit of 50 dollars for 2 guests per day
has been restored or 25 dollar per guest up to 2 guests daily ^
The hotel made a great decision listening to-guest feedback
I must share this is one of my favorite properties in the world
the breakfast is outstanding as is the service and simply not to be missed
Awesome!

Now they need to renovate the property.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Hi All
Just a quick update to say the original elite benefit of 50 dollars for 2 guests per day
Wow. That’s super.

I had a week stay here planned back in Jan, but ended up cancelling and moved to the HGI across the road because it sounded like the Waldorf wasn’t quite up to speed yet with the transition from MO – it probably needs a remodel and I figured I’d save my points for when it was new and shiny rather than recently transitioned. However, one of the main draws was the dining credit. When I’d heard that they killed that benefit, I couldn’t see any reason to go back. But now everything is right in the world and I can plan to visit this property in the future!

Good show, WALV.

Last edited by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant; Oct 19, 2019 at 2:57 pm
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Can you use it for any meal as it was before?
Originally Posted by Troopers
Awesome!

Now they need to renovate the property.
Be curious what thoughts you have about the property and what you feel needs renovating in particular
I’m here now and absolutely love the room though they could certainly redo some finishes which have worn example floor
if they did nothing I’d be happy as is and I’m pretty hard to please
the fitness center pales in quality of equipment compared to say Aria so would really like to see some updates there
This property is awesome for HH members blows Elara out of the water
I’d never return there with their lack of recognition
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
few things:
1) enjoy your stay. MO vegas is still a very nice prop. dont care its a rebranded to WA. same hard product. same staff. they even still maintain the same uniforms from MO. the phones inside your room still says MO. if you like the MO, WA will be great. so have a good time. of course,

5) inside set-up is also terrible. checkin lobby is on the 23rd floor with a nice view. thats cool and everything but there is NO direct access to your room from the ground level. no joke. this will get super annoying super quick because you always need to transfer elevators banks on floor 3, 8 or 23 to get to another set of elevators banks to get to your room. totally stupid.
(5)
This is done for security reasons and helps the hotel from having people just randomly walking in off of Las Vegas Blvd
and accessing rooms with ease
It makes total sense if you stay there a lot and a guest or living in the Waldorf Astoria which some folks do
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:36 pm

Hi All

i can confirm. they just changed this about a week ago. $25 food credit per person makes this property much more valuable. now you can have breakfast buffet and pay the difference which is only about $10+ but also add tax/tip.

Be curious what thoughts you have about the property and what you feel needs renovating in particular
I’m here now and absolutely love the room though they could certainly redo some finishes which have worn example floor
if they did nothing I’d be happy as is and I’m pretty hard to please

for the most part, everybody has their own subjective standard of what is "nice/lux" and what needs reno. my priority is the quality of the staff and food and general environment. so like you, current MO style is just fine. i dont care. no complaints. old red carpet and red accents dont bother me and i like the old MO uniforms. but of course, others want to live the Kardashian lifestyle and anything below Aman is considered motel 6. who knows.

but if i HAD to really complain, i would say I HATE the in-room light buttons. why does it feel like a NASA space launch control panel? i cant tell if the buttons are broken or unresponsive or just slow. nothing seems to work. i love tech and enjoy building my own computers so when I get frustrated over light switches, its a big deal to me.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Mar 12, 2019 at 4:47 pm
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:40 am

Yes that is correct!
Anything at all
Any problems a single traveler booking room for 2 adults --> use $50 for one meal? ( i guess the ribeye looks like only steak, or maybe full breakfast)

More detailed info, Do you just charge things to the room and they subtract the $25 or $50/day from the folio? Does this mean you could charge the tip/tax and use the credit for it?

have a night cert expiring 4/1. Never stayed at a WA/ conrad, typically HGI. Planning to pack very light (Frontier/no bags, just a backpack..
) and trip for mainly hiking red rock and mojave, with frugal budget. Didn't see notes on the website and the one restaurant noted casual dress code, but the pictures of course show everyone wearing strange fancy clothes. They don't throw someone out for not being in a suit?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:49 pm

Its considered 25 dollars a person on breakfast and the bill is marked how many guests have dined.
It could likely be for any meal taken in Zen kitchen but I would just double check with the hotel to be sure
Having said that it could go either way so YMMV!
Ive noticed it takes off 50 dollars per day and if it doesn't they usually manually correct/deduct at check out
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:26 pm

Its considered 25 dollars a person on breakfast and the bill is marked how many guests have dined.
It could likely be for any meal taken in Zen kitchen but I would just double check with the hotel to be sure
Having said that it could go either way so YMMV!
Ah ok thx. Thought it said up thread that would combine across multiple days and not restricted to breakfast. Then that that was replaced with cont. breakfast only. Then that it wss all back to original way. Anyways thx for info.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:12 pm

To further clarify I spoke with one of the hotel managers and its good for any hotel dining breakfast ,lunch or dinner No mini bar however
Its also good for use in the spa if you don't choose to dine!
The hotel is on point to becoming one of the best Waldorf Astoria's ever.They are really getting things right after some earlier bumps in the road
This is now my go to hotel in Las Vegas hands down
Just to be clear the daily credit cant be combined for use at the end of the stay for a total amount .The daily allowable credit is only good for that day only
If you only spend 20 on a single day you don't have 30 left over for the following day etc
B3nder and flockavelliFT like this.

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Mar 21, 2019 at 8:17 pm
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:53 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I have just finished a nine nights stay and agree on everything written above - this is a fantastic property.

Booking a room for two and just staying one person to get the double credit as suggested above is very doubtful in my opinion. Make sure you have a good explanation when they ask for ID for the second guest...
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by Dachshund
I have just finished a nine nights stay and agree on everything written above - this is a fantastic property.

Booking a room for two and just staying one person to get the double credit as suggested above is very doubtful in my opinion. Make sure you have a good explanation when they ask for ID for the second guest...
I've found them very easy going relaxed about offering the credit
While they might not be the most generous Waldorf they seem to be the easiest and flexible enough to do business with
Its an exciting time to be with Hilton and have a truly premium property to stay at vs the massive time share crowd at the Grand Vacation properties
It would be near impossible for me to ever go back to Elara now with no breakfast or upgrade
Old Mar 23, 2019, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Dachshund

Well it's academic at this point (decided not to go to LAS next week. I do have several other night certificates though so it's not inconceivable for future).
But I've so far never had a hotel make additional guests check in individually. And from having stayed at about 20 or so various Hilton properties, have also never even ask for names of additional guests (Reservation has spot for names IF you want them to be able to check in without primary). Or for IDs. Incidentally, no blood samples or hair clippings either.

But yes, that was where I was meaning to go with that question. I was asking if there are any property-specific or Las-Vegas area specific requirements (Such as additional guests must go to desk, provide ID, etc) or procedural things (such as being a credit off the folio for the charges per day or a "discount" entered at the restaurant only on one individual menu item's charge, etc). Barring something like that, it seemed reasonable that it wouldn't matter.

The taxes question is kind of similar too. If, for example, continental is charged at $25+tax to the folio but then only $25 subtracted from the folio, it's technically not even covering the required HH benefit for a complimentary continental breakfast. That example would result in a hotel still collecting ~$3 for it and likely illegally collecting a sales tax line item that they end up not remitting (or otherwise they may just be both collecting and remitting extra sales tax for no reason). Not that $3 would be a deciding factor of where I would stay, I just have a quirk of investigating lots of details of things up front.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:56 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, Hilton Diamond
The 25$ pp is subtracted daily from the total and can not be accumulated as stated above.

The continental breakfast (pictured in this thread) is 25$ with tax and is the option for anyone who wants to get a totally free breakfast (excluding tips). All other items are charged excluding tax but the credit can be used for both tax and tips. A normal breakfast (a coffee is 8$) will add roughly 10-15$ pp to the bill after the 25$ credit has been used. This is a great benefit and if you skip breakfast you can take a cocktail instead - very Vegasy.
B3nder likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Cool TL;DR: Great, but not wowed.

Just completed a 4 night stay here last week. Time for a brief trip report.

Room: I had booked the cheapest room (city-view) via Impresario, as WA LV had matched the current Virtuoso 4th night off promo after some negotiation. So ultimately I ended paying about $250 per night including all fees and taxes which I think is a good rate. I had tried to talk about an upgrade before hand, but WA LV very politely told me that this would be done at check-in. When we arrived, we had been upgrade one category to a strip-view room. I politely asked (even had a $20 sandwich in there for ol' Vegas traditions but was friendly declined) for an upgrade to a Junior suite due to Diamond status AND booking an Impresario rate which itself should bring an upgrade. The front desk was extremely friendly, talked to her supervisor, and put us into a Junior Suite on the 6th floor. I had had my fair share fair of great views over the last weeks so I cared more about the room. The room was in great condition and felt luxe. A few more power outlets close to the bed would have been helpful. One thing I disliked was that apparently all the A/C air came from an outlet in the corner of the room, so the cool air was not evenly distributed really. Automatic curtains were a cool feature.

Service: This is where the WA LV really shines. Service was consistently impeccable. Anyone from front desk over room service to restaurant and pool staff really made us feel like they were doing their best to make our stay memorable. The concierge team also repeatedly checked in on us via the Hilton app was impressively responsive and helpful.

Hotel facilities: The rebranding has been nicely done and the property oozes this "we are a real luxury property, not like the other 5* strip hotels" flair which I liked and some may love. The pool area was nicely done although the pools are actually pretty small. A problem here is the wind that was extremely strong one day. The gym has brand new equipment, but overall is very small and lacks machines. I expected more here. The restaurant and bar have nice views but I probably wouldn't come here unless I was a hotel guest again.

Food: My main concern with this property are the food options. Yes, it is great to see that the diamond benefit has been transformed into $25 per day per person. They were very open about it and actually told us that it would count per night, so since we had no time for breakfast on the last day, we should order something the first night. The breakfast buffet is small, but the quality is outstanding. Very good made-to-order eggs which you have to separately order (but are included), heavenly french toast, good selection of fruits. As people have mentioned, you will be charged an additional 8$ plus tax. The bill for two then comes to about $71 (-$50) plus tip. I want to note that the buffet is only open until 10:30AM although breakfast itself can be ordered until noon. For a LV property with a suspected high rate of hangovers, I found the buffet time suboptimal.
While buffet is great, we really struggled to find something something good to eat at the property when we skipped breakfast (or were forced to skip due to the times) and wanted to eat later during the day. The Zen restaurant is really focused on Asian cuisine (and Italian?). We had the $25 beef thai salads which were ok but more like an appetizer. We also tried the bar on top but I feel like people really only go here for drinks. We tried the burger sliders ($30?) and I will call it "three-fold variation of fries" ($20?) after really digging through the menu trying to find a sandwich or actual burger. Again, quality was good, but I've never felt so unsatisfied after eating fries. I cannot speak for the pool menu. The room service menu looked much better, but we opted to eat elsewhere on the strip (Impossible burger!) and the 18% gratuity + $7.50 service charge + tip would have also made it hard to have at least sandwiches for both people below $70.

Summary: I think this is a great property and finally a good addition to the Hilton portfolio when staying in LV, where Marriott before was really dominating with the Cosmo. Service was impeccable. I completely understand that WA is a luxury chain so prices tend to be high also for food offerings, although the WA Dubai was more laid back in that regard. But I would not go out of my way to stay at this property again, especially without any reasonable promos. The room we stayed in would have priced at +$400 per night and for that I think I could have had much better options directly on the strip.

ijgordon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.