Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:21 pm

Thought I would share my data point. Had a 2 night award stay at Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Hotel Tampa Bay - North Redington Beach. Racked up a fair amount of incidentals on beach chair rentals, wave runner rentals, meals and gift shop. At check out, put the first $250 on my wife's Aspire account and the remainder on my Aspire account. The credits for all charges to my room posted to our accounts 2 days after the charges posted.
DoubleTree gave points from my bill (30x per dollar for Diamond) for all of the charges, even though the beach vendors are not owned by the hotel. Likewise, when my credit card statement cycled a couple weeks later, I received the 14x points per dollar for the hotel charges even though AMEX had reimbursed them.
All told, we had a great free 2 day stay, including food and entertainment and ended up with 16K+ points and still have some resort credit leftover.
They were unable to give us a late checkout, but we wanted to stick around at the beach longer and ended up eating lunch there. As expected, we did not receive the reimbursement for that charge since it wasn't able to be charged to the room. However, on our credit card statement we did get the 14x points per dollar (associated with Hilton properties) for the lunch.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
That is not true - resort fees are only waived for point bookings.
What about for the nights where the Free Weekend certs are used? The ones that comes with the Aspire credit card signup.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by happychic
What about for the nights where the Free Weekend certs are used? The ones that comes with the Aspire credit card signup.
Same. The cert terms actually specifically say there are no resort fees when redeeming certs. I think Citi's old certs said resort fees weren't included (but they actually were), so that's a good change.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:17 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by B3nder
Same. The cert terms actually specifically say there are no resort fees when redeeming certs. I think Citi's old certs said resort fees weren't included (but they actually were), so that's a good change.

Thank you! I am booking a three nights stay at a Hilton resort: two nights with the Aspire signup bonus certs, and one paid night. I assume that this means I will only have to pay for one night of resort fee?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by happychic
Same. The cert terms actually specifically say there are no resort fees when redeeming certs. II think Citi's old certs said resort fees weren't included (but they actually were), so that's a good change.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:47 pm

I'm still slightly confused. Can you use the $250 resort credit at any non-resort Hilton in the US? If you book at the HHonors rate and use your Aspire card at checkout? There doesn't seem to be a clear answer unless I've missed it. It's my understand that this definitely works in the US, especially if you make prepayments. But does this also work in the US if you pay at checkout instead?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:38 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by PumpkinSmasher
I'm still slightly confused. Can you use the $250 resort credit at any non-resort Hilton in the US? If you book at the HHonors rate and use your Aspire card at checkout? There doesn't seem to be a clear answer unless I've missed it. It's my understand that this definitely works in the US, especially if you make prepayments. But does this also work in the US if you pay at checkout instead?
no.
it can only be used for resort properties.
Advance purchase rates for US resorts do not qualify.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by PumpkinSmasher
Eh, no. The benefit is a Hilton Resort credit, in order to trigger the credit you must book at one of the properties on the Hilton resort list (http://hilton.com/resorts). Any properties not on this list have never been eligible, not sure where you're getting confused there.

In order to trigger the credit you must have a charge post directly from the hotel. Of course charging your card at check out will count. But prepaid rates in the US generally will not trigger the credit, because these are billed by Hilton corporate and not from the hotel directly.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:10 pm
FZD

Originally Posted by ReachMoon
my advance purchase for Hilton Tokyo bay got reimbursed within a week. So just keep on calling until find rep can adjust for you.
Made a regular reservation at Hilton Tokyo Bay using the Aspire card, but the resort credit hasn't posted after 1.5 months. Will probably end up calling in for this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
no.
it can only be used for resort properties.
Advance purchase rates for US resorts do not qualify.
My expectation and takeaways are what Adam1222 stated.However, there are DP claiming to receive credit for Hilton Anatole(non-resort hotel) stays. I can see why it may be unclear for some.

I'd be interested to have more data points whether non-resort hotels charges are also being credited.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ccuser11
My expectation and takeaways are what Adam1222 stated.However, there are DP claiming to receive credit for Hilton Anatole(non-resort hotel) stays. I can see why it may be unclear for some.

I'd be interested to have more data points whether non-resort hotels charges are also being credited.
The Hilton Anatole absolutely is on the list of resort hotels. https://www3.hilton.com/en/resorts/i...ts5US7BR840893
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
The Hilton Anatole absolutely is on the list of resort hotels. https://www3.hilton.com/en/resorts/i...ts5US7BR840893
You are correct. It is listed as as resort. I have been Anatole many times but it never came across as resort hotel (its more of convention IMO) ... I guess we learn something new everyday.

Thnx,
Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Why are Amex employees so clueless about the benefits of these cards?

Does the Conrad Dubai count for the $250 credit? Can you use the $250 credit even if you book through a travel agency like orbitz?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Why are Amex employees so clueless about the benefits of these cards?

Does the Conrad Dubai count for the $250 credit? Can you use the $250 credit even if you book through a travel agency like orbitz?
I don't understand how there can be so much confusion over whether a property is eligible or not.

If the property is listed at the Hilton Resorts link, then its eligible. If it's not listed there, then it's not. If the Conrad Dubai is listed there, then it's eligible. If it's not listed, then it's not.

In order to trigger the credit you need a charge directly from the hotel on your Aspire card. So if you book an OTA rate that is charged by Orbitz, Expedia, etc. you will not get the credit. If you book an OTA rate that is "pay at hotel" and the property bills your Aspire card directly, then it will trigger the credit. Even if you book an otherwise ineligible rate from Expedia but still spend $100 on incidental charges that you settle directly with the hotel with your Aspire card, you should see $100 of the resort credit because the hotel charged your card directly.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
I don't understand how there can be so much confusion over whether a property is eligible or not.

If the property is listed at the Hilton Resorts link, then its eligible. If it's not listed there, then it's not. If the Conrad Dubai is listed there, then it's eligible. If it's not listed, then it's not.

In order to trigger the credit you need a charge directly from the hotel on your Aspire card. So if you book an OTA rate that is charged by Orbitz, Expedia, etc. you will not get the credit. If you book an OTA rate that is "pay at hotel" and the property bills your Aspire card directly, then it will trigger the credit. Even if you book an otherwise ineligible rate from Expedia but still spend $100 on incidental charges that you settle directly with the hotel with your Aspire card, you should see $100 of the resort credit because the hotel charged your card directly.

For one people are reporting getting the credit at other hotels not listed, so there’s no harm in asking.

Secondly I won’t get the credit for the hotel rate. But if I go to dinner at one of the properties, or buy a drink at the property and settle my bill at the end is what I’m talking about, Incidental charges, Room Service etc...

Just to sum up so I understand you correctly, so long as hilton bills you directly, from a resort on the list, you’ll get the credit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.