Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by yakel
I recently stayed at the Grand Wailea and was billed May 23, and I still have yet to receive the $ 250 Resort Credit.
I used a different AmEx offer at GW (US$200 credit when you spend US$1,000 in Hawaii), and it took over a month for the credit to post. I used a similar offer at a different Hilton and the credit posted 2 or 3 days after the charge posted. The slowness in posting must have something to do with GW. I am sure the credit will post though.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 5:03 am

Yes I contacted them. Since the rules say that the credit might post after 8-12 weeks, AMEX told me to wait the 12 weeks to see.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Andriyko
I used a different AmEx offer at GW (US$200 credit when you spend US$1,000 in Hawaii), and it took over a month for the credit to post. I used a similar offer at a different Hilton and the credit posted 2 or 3 days after the charge posted. The slowness in posting must have something to do with GW. I am sure the credit will post though.
Originally Posted by yakel
Yes I contacted them. Since the rules say that the credit might post after 8-12 weeks, AMEX told me to wait the 12 weeks to see.
Good to know. Hopefully it won't be an issue where you have to wait the 8-10 weeks and it still not show up and then they ask you to wait another set of weeks for them to correct it. My flight credits have been posting within a few days so I guess that spoiled me into thinking the same would happen with the resort credit as well. I am also having to wait the standard "4-6 weeks" to have priority pass charges voided off my card as well as I used my card on our trip and they charged my card despite being allowed 2 guests with each visit. They have already confirmed my card should not have been charged and will take care of it, but I still have to wait up to 6 weeks to see that reflected on my account. Just seems like a bit of a hassle to keep up with making sure all the card benefits are being honored.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:41 pm

What about “cash+points”. I have a stay coming up and the beach resort is asking 350 dollars. I decided to do 250 cash plus 20k points. Does anyone know if the cash portion is eligible for the credit?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Po Fu Cheng
What about “cash+points”. I have a stay coming up and the beach resort is asking 350 dollars. I decided to do 250 cash plus 20k points. Does anyone know if the cash portion is eligible for the credit?
Everything is eligible for the credit as long as it is billed directly from the qualifying hotel. Since the cash portion of most all cash + points rate is charged by the front desk when you check out, it should trigger the Amex credit.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 1:01 pm

I stayed at the DoubleTree Fallsview Resort in Niagara Falls, Canada. I paid with the Aspire Card at checkout on Jun 10. I still have not received the $250 credit. This hotel is listed as a Hilton resort. I know if I call Amex they will tell me to wait 8 to 12 weeks. It seems many people have the credit post in a few days.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by wcacciola
I stayed at the DoubleTree Fallsview Resort in Niagara Falls, Canada. I paid with the Aspire Card at checkout on Jun 10. I still have not received the $250 credit. This hotel is listed as a Hilton resort. I know if I call Amex they will tell me to wait 8 to 12 weeks. It seems many people have the credit post in a few days.
It has been the same experience with a few of us who stayed at the Grand Wailea in Maui as well. Not sure what causes some hotels to have Amex post the credit within a few days, and others not. We checked out on 6/10 and when I called Amex they said to wait the full 8-10 weeks.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Jenn0625
It has been the same experience with a few of us who stayed at the Grand Wailea in Maui as well. Not sure what causes some hotels to have Amex post the credit within a few days, and others not. We checked out on 6/10 and when I called Amex they said to wait the full 8-10 weeks.
Will echo everyone else...stayed at GW 2 weeks ago and then last week at Embassy Suites on Waikiki -- the Waikiki services credited within 2 days and am waiting on the GW credit....
Old Jun 24, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Jenn0625
Originally Posted by hydog
Will echo everyone else...stayed at GW 2 weeks ago and then last week at Embassy Suites on Waikiki -- the Waikiki services credited within 2 days and am waiting on the GW credit....
Seems weird some of these credits would take so long. I would assume the hotels are flagged within Amex' system and once billed Amex runs against the list and provides the credit. Can't believe all this is done manually. So why the wait for some? Perhaps GW isn't flagged properly?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wcacciola
I stayed at the same hotel over Memorial Day weekend, partly because of the credit--which hasn't happened yet. Nice falls-view room though.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
I'm currently at DoubleTree Varna (on the resort list) and the charge posted today. No credit yet obviously, but I'm a little worried about how the charge appeared: Helios Zlatni Pyasat. No mention of Hilton or DoubleTree whatsoever. I do have the receipt which prominently shows the DoubleTree name and the exact amount charged, but I just hope the credit comes automatically.

Has anyone else had a (I'm assuming) holding company name appear instead of Hilton as the charge and had the credit go through?
Old Jun 30, 2018, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Seems weird some of these credits would take so long. I would assume the hotels are flagged within Amex' system and once billed Amex runs against the list and provides the credit. Can't believe all this is done manually. So why the wait for some? Perhaps GW isn't flagged properly?
Agreed. The worst part is knowing this and having to wait the required 8-12 weeks before they do anything about it.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: IHG/Spire Amb., Hilton/Diamond, SPG/Gold, Marriott/Gold, AA/Plat, Southwest/CP
I'm staying at Hilton Anatole on Tuesday and my card still hasn't arrived. Does anyone know if AmEx will reimburse it my card hasn't come yet so I put the expenses on another card? Or has anyone had luck getting a hotel to change the card after the fact or hold off on charging the card for a day or two?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 12:41 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Steven6702
I'm staying at Hilton Anatole on Tuesday and my card still hasn't arrived. Does anyone know if AmEx will reimburse it my card hasn't come yet so I put the expenses on another card? Or has anyone had luck getting a hotel to change the card after the fact or hold off on charging the card for a day or two?
Call Amex - they will fedex the card to you.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by moe8555
I'm currently at DoubleTree Varna (on the resort list) and the charge posted today. No credit yet obviously, but I'm a little worried about how the charge appeared: Helios Zlatni Pyasat. No mention of Hilton or DoubleTree whatsoever. I do have the receipt which prominently shows the DoubleTree name and the exact amount charged, but I just hope the credit comes automatically.

Has anyone else had a (I'm assuming) holding company name appear instead of Hilton as the charge and had the credit go through?
I really have to hand it to Amex, they have their act together. Credit posted today with 0 issues, despite the charge having no indication of being related to Hilton (and a chat rep confirming that he sees no connection to Hilton as far as Amex is concerned).

Now it remains to be seen if the 14X also comes through, but that shouldn't be hard to settle if not.

I was ready to battle it out, so Amex and Hilton have certainly earned my trust and continued patronage.

Last edited by moe8555; Jul 2, 2018 at 8:55 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.