Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2018, 4:17 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
the Card also comes with a $100 resort credit when you stay two nights at a Conrad or WA. I’m just curious how do they know if you’ve booked a 1 night, 2 night, or 5 night? Especially if you book with a third party?

If I stay at a Conrad for one night, charge up my room bill up to $100, then check our and pay my bill with my Aspire card, how would Amex know not to cover the charges and that I only stayed one night and not two?

I really am starting to think you're trolling us.
As was explained to you already
"If you're referring to the $100 property credit Aspire benefit, this is something totally different. It is only valid at certain Waldorf and Conrad properties and you must book a particular rate via a specific Hilton Aspire website."
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Adam1222
I really am starting to think you're trolling us.
As was explained to you already
"If you're referring to the $100 property credit Aspire benefit, this is something totally different. It is only valid at certain Waldorf and Conrad properties and you must book a particular rate via a specific Hilton Aspire website."
I’m not trolling you. I have a one night stay at a Conrad coming up next week that I booked through Expedia. If I charge things at the Conrad up to $100 and pay with my Aspire at Check-out, how would Amex know not to give me a $100 resort credit, and know I had not booked a two night stay?

But if you’re saying I have to book a special rate through Amex/Hilton to qualify for the resort credit then I guess that would explain it.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
the Card also comes with a $100 resort credit when you stay two nights at a Conrad or WA. I’m just curious how do they know if you’ve booked a 1 night, 2 night, or 5 night? Especially if you book with a third party?
See rules below. Third party booking is not eligible for the credit.

If I stay at a Conrad for one night, charge up my room bill up to $100, then check our and pay my bill with my Aspire card, how would Amex know not to cover the charges and that I only stayed one night and not two?
See rules below. One night stay is not eligible for the credit.

So that you do not make mistakes, it would be to your advantage to carefully read and understand the rules for the Aspire card benefits. They are available here.
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...-0#offer-terms

$100 Property Credit

When you use your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card to book through HiltonHonors.com/aspirecard or by calling Hilton Honors at (855) 292-5757, for a two-night minimum stay at Waldorf Astoria® Hotels & Resorts, and Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, you will be eligible to receive a property credit of up to $100 per booking. You must confirm you are booking a room package eligible for the $100 property credit benefit at time of booking. Please reference ZZAAP1 when booking by phone.

Card Member will receive a hotel credit equal to $1 for each dollar of qualifying charges made at the Hilton property under the Card Member's booking, up to $100. The property credit will be applied as hotel credit on your bill at checkout (and not on your American Express billing statement). Qualifying charges do NOT include property fees, taxes, gratuities and the cost of the room. Additional exclusions based on specific hotel restrictions may also apply (including, without limitation, purchases within the hotel that are made with a third party merchant). Please see the applicable hotel front desk for details. Stays booked by either the Basic or an Additional Card Members on the eligible Card account are eligible for the $100 property credit benefit. Each booking is only eligible to receive a property credit of up to $100, regardless of the number of rooms booked. The property credit cannot be carried over to another stay, is not redeemable for cash, and expires at checkout if not used. The property credit is non-exchangeable and non-refundable and is applied in USD or equivalent in local currency based on exchange rate at time of checkout. May not be combined with other offers or programs unless indicated. Back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property are considered one stay.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:51 am

What happens to the Hilton Aspire credit if I get a refund for the charge that triggered the credit?

I had a short window before card renewal to make use of the credit, and I made a booking with a Waldorf Astoria in Key west (Casa Marina) which charged a deposit. The deposit triggered the credit, and I have received the full $250 credit on my account. Later on, reading the reviews of the resort it seems it is not so good, and I would like to cancel the booking if the credit still stays on my account. The booking is fully refundable. Will I lose the credit? If the credit is taken back, I will effectively lose the $250 because I am on a new cardmember year now.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:54 pm

But if you’re saying I have to book a special rate through Amex/Hilton to qualify for the resort credit then I guess that would explain it.
Yes. As multiple people have already said to you.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: United Gold,IHG Plat Amb,Starwood Gold,National Exec,Avis First,Amex Plat,Global Entry,Yelp Elite
Hilton Moorea

Received credit within 3 days from booking Hilton Moorea as a OWB at the cheapest advanced booking rate. Prepaid 6 months ahead of time. Looking forward to using the property credit while there!
Old Oct 1, 2018, 3:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
We have a winner!!! So, after dealing with a couple of nice, though not particularly helpful Amex reps, I was told to call Hilton directly: 800-236-7113

After I explained my situation, the Hilton representative put me on hold to get some additional information and speak to one her colleagues. Advanced Purchase rates for domestic hotels are handled through a separate Hilton channel that is based out of Nashville, TN Because of this, it won't trigger the credit.

Any Advanced Purchase charges for hotels outside of the US, are handled directly through the actual property. That's why ReachMoon's Advanced Purchase for Tokyo triggered the credit and mine did not.

When I spoke to the Hilton rep, she did mention that properties have the ability to refund an advanced purchase rate and rebill it through the hotel, provided the checkout date is within 72 hours. However, she said it is at their discretion. However, she mentioned it can often be a hassle and some properties will decline.

The best way to make sure that domestic resorts are billed under the hotel directly is to book with the HONORS DISCOUNT RATE. It is a few dollars cheaper than the standard flexible rate and will be billed directly through the property and not through Nashville, TN.

Of course, if you are booking a resort outside of the US, you won't have to worry.

I'm a little disappointed that I can't get the AP rate and use the credit domestically, but at least others will know in the future. In my case, the difference between the AP rate and HONORS DISCOUNT RATE is only $20 per night. If you are going to a resort where you will use valet, spa, food and drinks, you may not have a problem either way.

From a personal standpoint, I was already planning a 4-night stay at a Chicago-area Marriott, in a couple weeks, since I had a few certificates to burn. What I'll probably do is switch two of those nights to the Hilton Oak Brook Chicago to burn up the rest of the $250 resort credit.

Last time I stayed, the hotel automatically upgraded me to a suite, gave me a couple coupons for free drinks, appetizers, or a dessert, since the executive lounge is closed on the weekends, in addition to the two breakfast vouchers and free bottled water.
Since the property wasn't busy, they weren't running their standard breakfast buffet, but they allowed me to order whatever I wanted from the restaurant menu, excluding alcohol, and it was all covered with the voucher.

Last time I stayed, they were also allowed me to purchase a $50 stay credit for $25, which basically meant more food and drinks. The $25 stay credit promotion was the one charge that was handled directly through the hotel and triggered the resort credit reimbursement. I have around $223/$250 remaining.

Anyway, I will be updating this thread in a couple weeks to advise if the HONORS DISCOUNT RATE posts directly through the hotel and triggers the remainder of my credit. Hopefully, this post is helpful to others who may have similar questions.

Thanks again to everyone that has contributed and also to ReachMoon, since it's clear that AP charges for domestic and international properties are posted differently.
Hello,

From your analysis, it is known that Advance Purchase rates in the US don't trigger the $250 credit. However, there are 2 other rates I am curious about: HONORS DISCOUNT ADVANCE PURCHASE, and AAA PREPAY AND SAVE. These 2 rates are both prepaid, so can someone chime in on whether or not it would trigger the credit? Using Hilton Hawaiian Village as my search. Do these 2 prepaid rates all charge through the Nashville, TN office?

Also, has anyone booked an Advance Purchase rate that did not trigger the credit and successfully have customer service manually provide the credit?

Lastly, does the $250 resort credit reset on the card opening date, or the date the annual fee posts (usually 25 days later).

Any responses to these questions would be greatly appreciated.
@mia
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:47 am

Has anyone noticed properties coming and going from the list of eligible resorts? I could swear the Puerto Vallarta resort was on the list a few months ago, and isnt anymore. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Oct 7, 2018 at 1:20 am Reason: remove off topic response to snark
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by cce5858
Hello,

From your analysis, it is known that Advance Purchase rates in the US don't trigger the $250 credit. However, there are 2 other rates I am curious about: HONORS DISCOUNT ADVANCE PURCHASE, and AAA PREPAY AND SAVE. These 2 rates are both prepaid, so can someone chime in on whether or not it would trigger the credit? Using Hilton Hawaiian Village as my search. Do these 2 prepaid rates all charge through the Nashville, TN office?

Also, has anyone booked an Advance Purchase rate that did not trigger the credit and successfully have customer service manually provide the credit?

Lastly, does the $250 resort credit reset on the card opening date, or the date the annual fee posts (usually 25 days later).

Any responses to these questions would be greatly appreciated.
@mia
All advance purchase rates are the same at a given property.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:02 pm

Someone mentioned that AAA Prepay and Save was billed through the hotel? Can someone shed light on which rates are charged through Tennessee and which are charged through the hotel? Thanks!

Thanks!
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:44 pm

Anyone know if the $250 resort credit will apply towards upgrade fees? I'm looking to book Conrad Bora Bora at the 80k points rate, and will pay the ~35,000xpf rate for an OWB. Would be terrific if the credit applied to that. :P If not, I'll still get value out of it for dinners.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by cce5858
Someone mentioned that AAA Prepay and Save was billed through the hotel? Can someone shed light on which rates are charged through Tennessee and which are charged through the hotel? Thanks!

Thanks!
AFAIK a AAA Prepaid rate is no different from a "normal" prepaid rate except the actual rate will be slightly less with the AAA discount. So I would expect this to be billed through TN as well and not trigger the credit. If you read through this thread I believe there was one instance of someone getting the credit applied by Amex retroactively on a prepaid rate, YMMV.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Cynapse
Anyone know if the $250 resort credit will apply towards upgrade fees? I'm looking to book Conrad Bora Bora at the 80k points rate, and will pay the ~35,000xpf rate for an OWB. Would be terrific if the credit applied to that. :P If not, I'll still get value out of it for dinners.
Yes, mentioned many times in this thread, ANYTHING charged to your Aspire by a qualifying hotel will count towards the credit.

At the Conrad BB, unless you can be extremely to unbelievably thrifty, you'll have no problem getting to that $250 on a single day's worth of lunch/dinner/snacks/drinks .
Old Oct 5, 2018, 4:13 pm

Just got off the phone with Amex and they have an internal memo that specifically mentions between January and April, advance purchase resort bookings did not trigger the $250 credit. Apparently it has been fixed since May? Any data points on this? She noted my account and even copied and pasted the memo into the notes on my account. And told me to go ahead and book the cheapest advance purchase rate. She also said that if for any reason it fails to post, she can adjust it after 14 days of posting.

Any data points of advance purchase resort bookings made after May not posting or posting automatically?

Lastly, does the $250 resort credit reset on the card opening date, or the date the annual fee posts (usually 25 days later)?
Old Oct 6, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
I'm almost sorry to ask a question here, but here goes. I will be in Vegas in the next month, but not staying at a Hilton resort. If I walk into an eligible one for drinks and food, will the credit trigger?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.