Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Old Jul 2, 2018, 9:45 am

Z
Originally Posted by moe8555
I really have to hand it to Amex, they have their act together. Credit posted today with 0 issues, despite the charge having no indication of being related to Hilton (and a chat rep confirming that he sees no connection to Hilton as far as Amex is concerned).

Now it remains to be seen if the 14X also comes through, but that shouldn't be hard to settle if not.

I was ready to battle it out, so Amex and Hilton have certainly earned my trust and continued patronage.
Not surprising. I find AMEX CS to be consistently exemplary.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:18 pm

For data point:

After reading this thread, I booked DoubleTree Palm Spring on May 7 with "advance purchase" knowing I wouldn't get reimbursed (I have a few other "resort" stays this year anyways) but still curious if it will trigger the credit. The total was $205.30 and it was charged to my card instantly. I stayed at DoubleTree Palm Spring on June 2 and charged my card $4 for tip during breakfast. The $4 was reimbursed to my card on June 6. After a few weeks, I booked Hilton Palm Spring on June 26 with "semi-flex". The total was $156.86 and it was reimbursed to my card on June 28. Here is the interesting part, on July 16, I receive a "Hilton Resort Credit" of $89.14!! It seems like Amex reimbursed part of the credit for my stay at DoubleTree Palm Spring. The total of $156.86+$4+$89.14 = $250. If I know "advance purchase" would also trigger the credit, I would have booked Hilton Palm Spring with AP. Hopefully others that booked with AP in the United States would get the credit as well.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Would there be any issue with my wife and I using both our cards during the same stay? At checkout, she could just tell them to put $250 on her card and then charge the other $250+ to my card. I can't imagine there would be any problem with this, right? We're hoping to do this at the Conrad Bali.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:34 am

Resort fees

is it true that diamond level guests do not pay a resort fee?
Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
is it true that diamond level guests do not pay a resort fee?
That is not true - resort fees are only waived for point bookings.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:03 pm

Just wanted to update for any of you who have stayed at the Grand Wailea and have not yet received your $250 resort credit. It has now been 6 weeks since the charge from our stay hit our card with no credit reimbursement still. I initially called a couple of weeks in and was told to wait the 6-8 weeks for the credit to show up, but wanted to call again and just check. The agent I spoke to today reminded me it could take up to 8 weeks, but I asked nicely if there was any way that they could do anything to speed that up only because it has been reported by other Aspire cardholders that most other Hilton chains have had the credit for their stays within a few days of posting and for some reason this particular resort was not following the same protocol and maybe there was a coding issue. Not sure if it was due to me being extremely nice about it or if she just felt bad that it has been 6 weeks but she went ahead and manually added the credit to my account and said it should be updated in 24 hours to reflect the $250. I am curious to know if anyone has yet to have a credit reimbursement hit automatically from a stay at this particular resort though.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:04 am

Congrats!

Still nothing for us and it's been over 6 weeks.

Did you just call the number on the back,and did they transfer you to any particular department?

With Amex, it seems these days the BIG thing is trying to even find a CSR that has any authority to do a manual adjustment.

Originally Posted by Jenn0625
Just wanted to update for any of you who have stayed at the Grand Wailea and have not yet received your $250 resort credit. It has now been 6 weeks since the charge from our stay hit our card with no credit reimbursement still. I initially called a couple of weeks in and was told to wait the 6-8 weeks for the credit to show up, but wanted to call again and just check. The agent I spoke to today reminded me it could take up to 8 weeks, but I asked nicely if there was any way that they could do anything to speed that up only because it has been reported by other Aspire cardholders that most other Hilton chains have had the credit for their stays within a few days of posting and for some reason this particular resort was not following the same protocol and maybe there was a coding issue. Not sure if it was due to me being extremely nice about it or if she just felt bad that it has been 6 weeks but she went ahead and manually added the credit to my account and said it should be updated in 24 hours to reflect the $250. I am curious to know if anyone has yet to have a credit reimbursement hit automatically from a stay at this particular resort though.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
data point: curio san diego charge posted to my account on July 11. Credit posted on July 13th. Pretty good in that case.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: United, Hilton, Alaska, Starwood
Hilton Points still when you use statement credit?

HI everyone,

Can someone let me know if you still got the Hilton points credited to you account even when you used the statement credits?

Thanks
Old Jul 22, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President’s Circle, National EE
I havenít used the resort credit yet. However, I got points for the airline fee credit
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by TravelMiles
HI everyone,

Can someone let me know if you still got the Hilton points credited to you account even when you used the statement credits?

Thanks
Yes, for all intents and purposes they are separate transactions by Hilton and Amex. When you check out, you settle your folio with the Aspire, and Hilton awards stay points based on the full amount of the stay. Then several days or weeks later, Amex will credit your card account the $250 or however much.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Does it matter what rate you book? When I click thru from the resort listings page to the resort i want i still have the option to select other rate programs? Has anybody received the credit on a AAA or Senior Rate code or MVP corporate rate?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:03 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Has anybody had success at Hilton Syon Park for $250 credit ? (nr London UK).

It is officially not classed as a resort but I would think that how can it not be.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by cruisr
Does it matter what rate you book? When I click thru from the resort listings page to the resort i want i still have the option to select other rate programs? Has anybody received the credit on a AAA or Senior Rate code or MVP corporate rate?
Take a look through this thread. As long as your charge is billed by the hotel directly (regardless of what rate you book) then it should trigger the credit. There are some advance purchase rates that are billed by Hilton corporate beforehand that do not trigger the credit.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG DIaAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat/LT Gold
Originally Posted by navatwal
Has anybody had success at Hilton Syon Park for $250 credit ? (nr London UK).

It is officially not classed as a resort but I would think that how can it not be.
Hilton has a portfolio of hotels classified as "Resorts." That is what the credit applies to. It is not based on a subjective assessment of whether you think the facilities are resortish. This hotel is not a Resort.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.