Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ponickka
Thanks for pointing that out. If I book at any hotel under the HIlton Resort via AP rate, will I still get the credit?
Not likely for a resort hotel in the US. AP rate for Hilton family hotels in the US are billed to Hilton central, not to the specific hotel, and thus don't count toward the resort credit (which requires that your card be billed by the specific resort hotel).

Most (but unknown if all) resort hotels on the list outside the US bill directly for AP rates, and in those cases it will work. But until someone reports AP success at every non-US hotel on the list, we won't know whether there are exceptions.

Meanwhile, there is at least one Hilton family hotel which apparently doesn't accept Amex at all (not AP, not pay-at-the-hotel)! So you obviously if such a hotel was on the resort list, you couldn't get the resort credit at that hotel, because you couldn't use your Amex Aspire card there. See this thread for details:

Hilton property not accepting AMEX

Last edited by sdsearch; Apr 25, 2018 at 7:22 pm
Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:05 am

Question Honors dicsount semi-flex

Does anyone know if HONORS DICSOUNT SEMI-FLEX rate triggers the $250 resort credit? It is not advanced pay but a little bit different from HONORS DISCOUNT rate. SEMI-FLEX rate says "Change or cancel up to 5 days before arrival. Pay when you stay. Hilton Honors members only" compared to 3 days before arrival for HONORS DISCOUNT rate.

Has anyone booked HONORS DICSOUNT SEMI-FLEX and received the $250 resort credit?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K | Delta Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by avatarx
Does anyone know if HONORS DICSOUNT SEMI-FLEX rate triggers the $250 resort credit? It is not advanced pay but a little bit different from HONORS DISCOUNT rate. SEMI-FLEX rate says "Change or cancel up to 5 days before arrival. Pay when you stay. Hilton Honors members only" compared to 3 days before arrival for HONORS DISCOUNT rate.

Has anyone booked HONORS DICSOUNT SEMI-FLEX and received the $250 resort credit?
Yes and I received a credit. Booked one night at Hilton FLL Beach Resort using this rate. The $162.03 nightly rate was charged to my card immediately after booking as a deposit (but not the taxes nor resort fee, just the nightly rate - never seen pre-stay charges like this on a flexible rate before fwiw), with the offsetting $162.03 credit posting shortly thereafter. Assuming when the other charges hit at checkout the rest of the credit will hit.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 8:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I am very confused on this resort credit eligibility for the Amex Hilton Aspire. I just chatted with American Express, and they couldn't tell me the answer.

Are room rates eligible in the $250 USD resort credit? The Points Guy says it is. Other people here say it is not, but depends if you pre-pay or have an international stay?

Anyone 100% know the answer or know where I can call? I expected Amex to know but...

Thanks in advance for help on this

Last edited by SHLTP; Apr 28, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Old Apr 29, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
All spending at a listed resort counts for the credit, including a first night deposit where required.

A prepaid rate does not qualify because the charge does not come from the resort itself.
Old May 1, 2018, 6:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Last week I spent two nights at the Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel (not the Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach resort). My bill came to about $530.

I had signed up for the AMEX offers on both my new Aspire card and my new AMEX Hilton Business card for $45 off a $250 stay at any Hilton.

When I checked out, I asked the hotel to split the bill between the two cards, putting exactly $250 on my Aspire card and about $280 on the business card. A few days later I got the $45 credit on each card.

Today I see that I just got the $250 resort credit on my Aspire card too, even though Hilton Waikiki Beach doesn't have resort in the name and isn't on the Hilton list of resorts.

So the total amount charged to my Aspire card was $250 and I received $295 in credits for this stay. Not bad.
Old May 5, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA, SW, VA, Marriott, IHG, HH
Purchased a prepaid rate for Hilton Hua Hin. Got the resort credit on my transaction list 2 days later.
Old May 23, 2018, 7:24 am

Scenario: Wife and I are staying at Hilton Curacao for 6 nights on points using Hilton Amex Aspire card for incidentals. Hilton Curacao is an eligible Amex resort.
Question: Will incidentals (dining, activities, etc.) be eligible for $250 resort credit?

Survey Says???
Old May 23, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG DIaAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat/LT Gold
Originally Posted by shawnsta
Scenario: Wife and I are staying at Hilton Curacao for 6 nights on points using Hilton Amex Aspire card for incidentals. Hilton Curacao is an eligible Amex resort.
Question: Will incidentals (dining, activities, etc.) be eligible for $250 resort credit?

Survey Says???
Unless I am missing something, why wouldn't they be?
Old May 23, 2018, 12:08 pm

Thank you Adam. Maybe I read the post below too literally:

" Will the statement credit apply to points/certificate bookings that have the Aspire card tied to the booking, or only certain paid rates?
The resort statement credit is used on a hotel charge made at one of the resorts using the Aspire card. If you book a resort and use only Points, there would be no expense to credit on your Aspire. Any paid rate for a resort listed on Hilton.com/resorts made through a Hilton booking channel will see the credit"

Presumably if we book with points and then have incidentals, the incidentals will be considered eligible charges for the $250 resort credit reimbursement? That is what I'm hoping for!
Old May 23, 2018, 12:13 pm

Anyway to get around this? We don't plan on staying on any of the resorts listed but would hate to lose out on the credit. Anyone found a way for this yet? Most of the hilton booking doesn't allow for pre-paid and FULLY REFUNDABLE. Most of the booking options are for non-refundable rates only
Old May 23, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by jphripjah
Last week I spent two nights at the Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel (not the Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach resort). My bill came to about $530.

I had signed up for the AMEX offers on both my new Aspire card and my new AMEX Hilton Business card for $45 off a $250 stay at any Hilton.

When I checked out, I asked the hotel to split the bill between the two cards, putting exactly $250 on my Aspire card and about $280 on the business card. A few days later I got the $45 credit on each card.

Today I see that I just got the $250 resort credit on my Aspire card too, even though Hilton Waikiki Beach doesn't have resort in the name and isn't on the Hilton list of resorts.

So the total amount charged to my Aspire card was $250 and I received $295 in credits for this stay. Not bad.
Interesting! I too am going to Hawaii and was going to stay at one of the listed resorts, although I preferred the Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel. I was solely doing this because it may be my only chance to get the $250 credit this year (don't frequent Hilton resorts much but rather their hotels). Hmmmmmm. At least now I have an option... although not sure if it's worth the risk. Still, if it worked for you - can't see why something would change to their system in the next 30 days. Thanks for letting us know!
Old May 23, 2018, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by shawnsta
Thank you Adam. Maybe I read the post below too literally:

" Will the statement credit apply to points/certificate bookings that have the Aspire card tied to the booking, or only certain paid rates?
The resort statement credit is used on a hotel charge made at one of the resorts using the Aspire card. If you book a resort and use only Points, there would be no expense to credit on your Aspire. Any paid rate for a resort listed on Hilton.com/resorts made through a Hilton booking channel will see the credit"

Presumably if we book with points and then have incidentals, the incidentals will be considered eligible charges for the $250 resort credit reimbursement? That is what I'm hoping for!
Yes those charged to your credit card by the resort will be subject to the credit. I think they're just making the point that you can't use dollars to offset points.
Old May 29, 2018, 3:33 pm

Anyway to get around this? We don't plan on staying on any of the resorts listed but would hate to lose out on the credit. Anyone found a way for this yet? Most of the hilton booking doesn't allow for pre-paid and FULLY REFUNDABLE. Most of the booking options are for non-refundable rates only
Anything? Anyone?

Thanks
Old May 29, 2018, 3:53 pm

Anything? Anyone?

Thanks
I think you're asking people to tell you how to defraud Amex? So....no.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.