Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Princess fiona
Unless you really need to be in Midtown I’d give this a miss and go to the Conrad in Battery Park. IMHO it’s way, way ahead.
Really shows that different people can have different experiences the same night depending on which rooms they get and how they their service interactions are with the staff.

For me I was going to say that it was one of my better NYC stays in a long time. I'm by no means a Hilton expert in NYC and I've tended to stay at more Hyatt, Starwood and IHG hotels in the city and this stay was better than the ones I've had recently at the Intercontinental TS, Westin TS, Sheraton TS, W TS, Hyatt Centric TS and the Grand Hyatt NYC. Again it was in no way a perfect stay for me but thankfully it was better than yours.

According to the staff the renovations are set to begin in 2018 and then they will rebrand. With a full reno this will definitely be one of my top contenders for stays in the city.

Here are some pics of the room I got which I thought was nice and especially spacious.

Bicoastal Local likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Thank you both for the stay reports. What type of rooms were you in? Are these photos of a "London Suite King"?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Bicoastal Yokel
Thank you both for the stay reports. What type of rooms were you in? Are these photos of a "London Suite King"?
That is the room type I was booked into on my award night but I am unsure if that is what I got. I assume it was.

The ordered newspaper never arrived, robes and slippers are on request. Called up Housekeeping and they advised that they are on request as they don’t have enough for all rooms!
In my room the robe was actually under the sink in the bathroom wrapped in plastic as can be seen on the bottom left of the sink picture.

One thing I found strange was I was searching for an iron and ironing board and thought there wasn't one in the room. Come to find out it was in the trunk/box at the foot of the bed.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So is it a fully points-earning hotel now for HH? Any details on Diamond benefits for breakfast or evening cocktail vouchers? I am planning on booking the atrium suites for my family so really looking for a "Wow" experience.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
So is it a fully points-earning hotel now for HH? Any details on Diamond benefits for breakfast or evening cocktail vouchers? I am planning on booking the atrium suites for my family so really looking for a "Wow" experience.
There’s nothing for evening provided for Diamonds. $30 Credit per guest per day in the restaurant for breakfast. I was there last weekend, Award stay as Diamond.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
There’s nothing for evening provided for Diamonds. $30 Credit per guest per day in the restaurant for breakfast. I was there last weekend, Award stay as Diamond.
Awesome, thanks! Is it per guest or per room? If they are honoring Diamonds, it sounds like you can earn points there now.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 12:31 pm

Do you know if this applies to Gold as well?
Old Nov 22, 2017, 4:45 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Awesome, thanks! Is it per guest or per room? If they are honoring Diamonds, it sounds like you can earn points there now.
I believe it is per guest.

Originally Posted by swim711crazy
Do you know if this applies to Gold as well?
Yes it does
Old Dec 5, 2017, 8:19 am

Just completed a 2 night paid stay here. Room looked similar the pictures above, but mine had the couch in a 2nd room but no tub. We didn't have any issues with noise except for a couple ambulances during the day. However the heating in the room was pretty bad, by default it would only allow you to turn the thermostat up to 80. This kept the room in the upper 60's is my guess. Used the VIP code to raise it to 85 which then had it in the low-mid 70's.

I showed up after a Red-eye at 9am to drop off bags, expecting the room to be ready closer to 3pm. However they were able to get one ready for me by 12:30. The wifi is just a single speed open network, and kept cutting out on me. For breakfast i was told to charge it to the room and they would take of $60 per day (2 guests). Be warned if you like juice its $7 for a small glass of it poured out of an ocean spray bottle.

Overall the room size was a big plus, however unless its on points or a good rate i likely won't stay here again. The location is very convenient, but in its current state it doesn't justify the $600+ a night it was asking before the rates massively dropped in the days leading up to my stay.
'
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Booked this as a one night stay in January with my annual free night certificate. Had a reservation at the Doubletree Times Square but moved it to here. Going to dinner at Gallagher's on 52nd and then to the Shubert to see Bette in Hello Dolly. Figure we can walk there and grab a cab back if its frigid. We've been to the Doubletree before and thought this would be a good use of our certificate.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by dwcatty
Booked this as a one night stay in January with my annual free night certificate. Had a reservation at the Doubletree Times Square but moved it to here. Going to dinner at Gallagher's on 52nd and then to the Shubert to see Bette in Hello Dolly. Figure we can walk there and grab a cab back if its frigid. We've been to the Doubletree before and thought this would be a good use of our certificate.
Not a bad use of a free stay. It is convenient to Times Square/theaters.

My complaint is the charged me for my breakfast (I'm a Diamond) AFTER I checked out. Despite various contacts, the charge is still on my credit card. I ended up disputing it with my credit card company.

Honestly, I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here until staff are retrained by Hilton.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:30 pm

It's really amazing to read the polarizing reviews on tripadvisor. People either loved it and gave it 5 stars or hated it and gave it 1 star. Seem very strange people could have such dramatically different experience over the course of a small period of time. I'll be heading there next week for a two night stay. Guess I'll see how my experience compares.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
I'm curious if anyone can advise if there is a coffee service in the mornings. Is there a set up in the lobby or do you have to go beg in the restaurant? I've had to use the 'I have a coupon for breakfast can I get a cup of coffee now' line at other properties and it's not a lot of fun - makes me feel low rent.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
I've stayed at the London twice in the last month. I don't recall there being a coffee setup in the lobby.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Recently finished a one-night award stay as Honors Diamond. "Upgraded" to room on 21st floor (out of 50 or so), otherwise standard London Suite. Breakfast credit was $60, which doesn't completely cover the cost of the buffet (ended up being ~$30 out of pocket for a buffet for two, tip included). Service was acceptable, location was good. Large rooms which were upscale once upon a time, but now fraying a little at the edges.

A good option for free night award redemptions, but probably wouldn't pay to stay here. Certainly not as good as the Conrad downtown, which is our favorite NY Hilton property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.