Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel {US-NV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel {US-NV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2013, 4:59 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by TropLVsNicoleM
I apologize, again for any confusion and you will have access to the VIP Lounge as a Diamond member. We will ensure that as a Diamond member, you are treated with the VIP status you deserve. -Nicole
Just show them this quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Delta Gold, HH ◊, SPG Gold
@hhonors fan - It would be great if you could get a face to face with Nicole just to clarify the situation and if indeed this is true ie: no access who is actually calling the shots and flip-flopping like crazy? Maybe a meet with the GM too?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:33 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by MrHilton
Ok that's a bit dissapointing I do not understand anything of it anymore now . Nicole clearly said that diamond members had acces to the Platinum lounge and that it was not only for check in. Maybe you should just show them the post on FT if you have the possibility to do so?
Actually, she only stated the following:

"...you will have access to the VIP Lounge as a Diamond member..."

Since it sounds like there is a VIP "check-in" lounge that is separate from the Platinum Lounge so she may have been referring to the former, and not the latter. If so, that seems rather deceptive and disappointing. I hope some specific clarification will be forthcoming.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Maxwell Smart
Actually, she only stated the following:

"...you will have access to the VIP Lounge as a Diamond member..."

Since it sounds like there is a VIP "check-in" lounge that is separate from the Platinum Lounge so she may have been referring to the former, and not the latter. If so, that seems rather deceptive and disappointing. I hope some specific clarification will be forthcoming.
It is deceptive. Hopefully the poster was given wrong info. VIP lounge access is one of the reasons I chose the Tropicanna for next month.

If they aren't going to give us lounge access, they should give us a full buffet to make up for that. Hopefully they will be generous with suite upgrades, that is one thing I hated about the LVH, I really didn't consider the "upgraded rooms" to be an upgrade.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 1:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
I just checked out this morning. I asked to speak with Nicole and was told she was off today because of the MLK holiday. I asked to speak with anyone else that could help me with answering questions regarding lounge access. The only manager available was a front desk manager who also said the only lounge for Diamonds is the check-in lounge which is just 4 chairs, some pretzels and water. I also went back into the check-in lounge to check-out and was told by the employees in there, who were different employees from yesterday, the same thing regarding lounge access. Also, the resort fee was on my bill, but as soon as I pointed it out, it was taken off and they apologized for it being on there.

Overall, it was a good stay except for not getting the lounge access that I was hoping for. I hope Nicole posts on here again to clarify the lounge situation.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by hhonors fan
I just checked out this morning. I asked to speak with Nicole and was told she was off today because of the MLK holiday. I asked to speak with anyone else that could help me with answering questions regarding lounge access. The only manager available was a front desk manager who also said the only lounge for Diamonds is the check-in lounge which is just 4 chairs, some pretzels and water. I also went back into the check-in lounge to check-out and was told by the employees in there, who were different employees from yesterday, the same thing regarding lounge access. Also, the resort fee was on my bill, but as soon as I pointed it out, it was taken off and they apologized for it being on there.

Overall, it was a good stay except for not getting the lounge access that I was hoping for. I hope Nicole posts on here again to clarify the lounge situation.
This is not good I sincerely hope we do have the lounge acces as diamonds.

If not , I think I will cancel and book the elara
Old Jan 21, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Delta Gold, HH ◊, SPG Gold
It appears we have been duped

Poor show really, especially when there was no ambiguity as to what lounge FT'ers were referring too.

Guess it's everybody back to the Elara again!

Let's see a nice return from the Trop or it is game over.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 2:20 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
for not giving Diamonds lounge access. ^^^ If they give us nice suite upgrades.

If a diamond doesn't receive a suite upgrade however, we are receiving no different treatment from a gold with the exception of the check in lounge. And if I arrive before or after the lounge is closed to check in or check out, I am receiving no additional benefits outside a few points
Old Jan 21, 2013, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
for not giving Diamonds lounge access. ^^^ If they give us nice suite upgrades.

If a diamond doesn't receive a suite upgrade however, we are receiving no different treatment from a gold with the exception of the check in lounge. And if I arrive before or after the lounge is closed to check in or check out, I am receiving no additional benefits outside a few points

Maybe we should wait until Nicole answers .. I sincerely hope that they offer us the lounge acces.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum, Marriott Platinum
That is discouraging and honestly the lack of laid out terms is becoming frustrating. As for the resort fee being on your bill and having to be pointed out, I notice that quite a bit at other hotel chains too. Seems to always "accidentally" be on there.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:17 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by Rybarnes
That is discouraging and honestly the lack of laid out terms is becoming frustrating. As for the resort fee being on your bill and having to be pointed out, I notice that quite a bit at other hotel chains too. Seems to always "accidentally" be on there.
I have to wonder if some hotels do that thinking many guests aren't aware it should be waived and will just pay it. I am sure most diamonds that don't read FT aren't aware it should not be charged.

My wife (gold) and I have both stayed at the Biltmore at different times and been assessed the full resort fee. If a diamond complains they will waive it and if a gold complains they eat 50 percent. I am sure many golds and diamonds don't think to contest the charge and just pay it.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:18 pm

$10 credit for skipping maid service?

The LV Hilton would give us a $10 food creditvoucher for every day we skipped maid service. Does Trop offer that?

If so, that would be a great way to get the breakfast buffet for free.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:35 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
I only stayed 1 night so I'm not sure about the $10 voucher for skipping maid service. They never said anything about it at check-in though. I can't comment on the continental breakfast because I slept through it. They did say that it was a plated continental breakfast with a yogurt parfait, some fresh fruit, and choice of bread plus juice and coffee. They did say it was not a buffet.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I only stayed 1 night so I'm not sure about the $10 voucher for skipping maid service. They never said anything about it at check-in though. I can't comment on the continental breakfast because I slept through it. They did say that it was a plated continental breakfast with a yogurt parfait, some fresh fruit, and choice of bread plus juice and coffee. They did say it was not a buffet.
Did you happen to catch the hours for it? Would really like Nicole to answer a few questions.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Breakfast doesn't sound that appetizing

Have you ever stayed at the Elara and if so, which had the nicest suites?

I wish Nicole would answer the question about lounge access. If we don't recieve it, I may move my stay to a HGVC property next month or the LVH (received a great players club offer where the room would be less than the Tropicana with two buffets) unless they will guarantee me a suite upgrade on the phone ahead of time at Tropicana.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.