Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I booked a room under the new verbiage. I was not asked for ID. However, I joined one of the memberships listed in this thread just to be safe.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:54 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by clarence5ybr
I believe it's only Diamonds that get away without showing ID, and everyone else has to. Being FT, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!
If there is a policy as such, adherence sure is weak. As a (credit card carrying) Gold I am asked for some sort of ID maybe one in three check-ins. Funny thing is the hotel that most often asks, is one where I have about thirty stays over five years. Me thinks that ID checking practice is driven by local management desire, rather than corporate dogma.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Craig6z
If there is a policy as such, adherence sure is weak. As a (credit card carrying) Gold I am asked for some sort of ID maybe one in three check-ins. Funny thing is the hotel that most often asks, is one where I have about thirty stays over five years. Me thinks that ID checking practice is driven by local management desire, rather than corporate dogma.
Yep and the new digital key option really tosses the whole ID for anyone other than Diamonds out the door.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I've had conflicting answers on the ID thing. Manager at a Doubletree told me it's "No ID for Diamonds as always" but most other places have started asking again, saying ID is only waived for early app check-in.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Craig6z
Definition of Affiliated from Dictionary.com:

"being in close formal or informal association;" [emphasis added]
So what you're saying is that we just need to get FlyerTalk classified as a sporting organization somehow?

Old Dec 22, 2015, 6:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by docbert
So what you're saying is that we just need to get FlyerTalk classified as a sporting organization somehow?

^

The FlyerTalk Lounge Lizards...I'm up for that. What sport?--collecting as many miles/points as possible and squeezing every benefit out of a loyalty program, which as we all know is both physical and competitive (the classic definition of sport).

All we need is a logo, id cards, and we're good to go!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by jwvw89
When did you book the reservation? I think the change in verbiage occurred in the last week or two, so I would be curious if the old non-sports related verbiage was attached to your reservation?
I booked it in May ($103/night, why not?)
Old Dec 23, 2015, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by docbert
Staying at a HGI at the moment. Booked late last week with the new wording. Checked-in Sunday morning, no issues at all.

When was the last time you had a Hilton chain hotel ask for ANY ID? In hundreds of stays I don't think I ever have...
All (US) hotels have asked me for photo ID for the last few years. Other than that (and sometimes a credit card), nothing.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:01 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sethb
All (US) hotels have asked me for photo ID for the last few years. Other than that (and sometimes a credit card), nothing.
Yeah, to be clear I was referring to being asked for company/AAA/etc ID, not personal ID. In countless years of travel I've only ever been asked twice - once for AAA ID at a Courdyard by Marriott, and once a few weeks ago for corporate ID at the Sheraton Tel Aviv (thankfully I was actually using my employers rate so I had ID!)
Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by sethb
Seriously? To check in? I can't even count the number of times I've started to reach for my wallet and been told it's not necessary to show them ANYTHING...needless to say, as always YMMV!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Seriously? To check in? I can't even count the number of times I've started to reach for my wallet and been told it's not necessary to show them ANYTHING...needless to say, as always YMMV!
It was like that for me for years, and then recently they started asking again.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
Do you get the points for the double points bonus using the MVP rate ? Or any other hilton bonus ?

Thanks
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by dgparent
Do you get the points for the double points bonus using the MVP rate ? Or any other hilton bonus ?
Yes, all normal promotions apply to the MVP rate.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Booked and stayed on MVP rate last night. No questions asked.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm finding MVP rate almost impossible to use, but the slightly higher swimming rate is (relatively) widely available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.