Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2015, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by arlflyer
OK, that is helpful, thank you, and since that was the brand that displayed this language when I checked earlier then I guess nothing has changed. I don't do many HS stays, but I would have thought I'd done enough rate comparing to have at least noticed such specific language before. Anyhow, my previous post reveals nothing, so apologies!!!
Actually, your post reveals/confirms things are put on the net and never removed (probably like a lot of hard drives). So until those servers are disposed of or rebuilt, old and possibly bad data will be out there. As always has been the case: Buyer beware.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Actually, your post reveals/confirms things are put on the net and never removed (probably like a lot of hard drives). So until those servers are disposed of or rebuilt, old and possibly bad data will be out there. As always has been the case: Buyer beware.
The other thing I realized when doing that is that whoever typed the rate code in for Hilton brands added an error that is present throughout the whole system. The rate details for Hilton properties everywhere contains the spelling "RESTRICITIONS". I never noticed the typo until I did a copy/paste of the text to FT.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 10:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Rental Exec. Elite
Wanted to provide a quick update. I just completed a series of six stays at Hilton properties in CA, IL, and NC this past week. I did OLCI for all of them.

Five of them were at MVP rate (HGIs and a Curio). I was not asked for ID (of any kind), and nobody mentioned the MVP rate when I was picking up my keys at the front desk. BARs on the dates I was checking in were usually running 35% to 90% higher than my MVP rate.

The Palmer House Hilton in Chicago (my only non-MVP stay) also told me that they are not supposed to ask for ID or credit card if you do OLCI.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Titanium; Priority Club Platinum; Hyatt Globalist
Two more points of reference from the past 7 days: a Doubletree in California and a Hampton Inn in WV booked on MVP with OLCI. ID was checked but no mention of the rate.

And how broad is the definition of sports? Mr.Itrvl sits on the board of a national hiking organization. And we're both life members. I'm going to go with that being acceptable until challenged in the middle of the night after a long day of travel...
Old Nov 11, 2015, 4:07 pm

Business as usual last week in BOS. Have another coming up elsewhere tomorrow...
Old Nov 11, 2015, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Hilton Family MVP Rate

+1. Another MVP stay and no ID check. I even did online check-in and at arrival I offered my license and she said no need since you checked in online.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 9:13 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Evo40
. . .
The Palmer House Hilton in Chicago (my only non-MVP stay) also told me that they are not supposed to ask for ID or credit card if you do OLCI.
That apparently is correct. This is an excerpt from an email I received after doing OLCI at the Hilton Americas-Houston:

Part of the benefits of E-check in are:

• You do not have to present an ID
• You do not have to present a credit card
• You do not have to sign a registration card
Old Nov 11, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
MVP stay at a Hampton in Maine. No problem at all. OLCI completed.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 1:15 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I had two stays recently in the Tampa area using the MVP rate. I checked in to each hotel property in person at the front desk as opposed to virtually.

Identification was asked of me at one of the hotel properties. I gave my driver’s license.

There were no problems or issues at all whatsoever.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 10:50 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
I used MVP twice recently in CA (both Hilton properties) and had no issues at all. Both were properties I've stayed at in the past so everything was ready at check in and I did not have to show the check in clerk anything.

Hilton's policy states you do not have to show ID when you do on-line check in. Furthermore they aren't actually supposed to ask for ID to verify an HHonors Member but rather they are supposed to ask you "questions about your account to verify your identity." I think asking for ID is probably easier and most hotels seem to agree but...

Anyone figure out how to book MVP via the Hilton app? I navigated to a fairly user friendly page on the phone's web browser and was able to do it but couldn't make it happen on the app...
Old Nov 16, 2015, 4:22 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
I also used MVP recently in NYC (Millenium & Times Square),
did the OLCI and no problems. They didn't ask anything at Millenium, so not even a passport or CC.

BTW; Hilton TS was very decent 111 USD (corner room!!!) SUN-MON for a night,
magnifique!
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Most specific language I've seen to date:

Rate Details Hilton Worldwide MVP

scout,coach,sports team executive.The program is not applicable for group,club or team travel. HHonors number required when booking.Subject to availability restrictions. purpose of visit may include scouting particular player/ team, recruiting players for collegiate team.Guests will be required to present a photo press credential at check-in to confirm their affiliation with the sports market. Restrictions: Must be requested. Do not offer. HHonors number/card required when booking. 20% off BAR. Subject to hotel availability,length of stay restrictions, blackout

This from the Hampton Inn Braintree, MA.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Eujeanie

scout,coach,sports team executive.The program is not applicable for group,club or team travel. HHonors number required when booking.Subject to availability restrictions. purpose of visit may include scouting particular player/ team, recruiting players for collegiate team.Guests will be required to present a photo press credential at check-in to confirm their affiliation with the sports market. Restrictions: Must be requested. Do not offer. HHonors number/card required when booking. 20% off BAR. Subject to hotel availability,length of stay restrictions, blackout

Last weekend I had the usual they paid no attention to the rate.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Eujeanie

Just goes to show you should check the rate details on ALL bookings. Just because one property chooses particular terms does not mean they all have. Even if HH should publish a fancy webpage spouting a new rate promo (or expose an old one), the rate details can differ.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
"check the rate details on ALL bookings"

Agree completely. I've also used the milder ones ("HHonors number needed) with no problems but this one I am not chancing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.