Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2015, 8:00 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
That's a very odd rate rule, isn't it?

I note that the verbiage added before the "Restrictions" section is poorly capitalized and just seems "off." And how could a "sports team executive" have or need a "photo press credential." Moreover, how is a hotel going to dispute the "purpose of the visit" and how could a guest prove that it's for the puposes noted? Finally, the little word "may" is pretty wide open, suggesting that other purposes are fine too.

I would be more inclined to continue to think it is what follows the "Restrictions" to be controlling (and that language has been there awhile; it simply means, as noted many times upstream, that a property or the reservations line cannot offer the MVP rate but it must be booked/requested by the customer.)
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by sethb
Last weekend I had the usual they paid no attention to the rate.
I too have never had an issue, likely a function of who checks you in.

With that said: The MVP rate is typically ~10% off, not significantly better than the AAA rate, In the unlikely event there is an issue, the price differential should not be prohibitive.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:21 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
??

Usually the MVP in virtually all of my stays has been 20% off, with Team USA being 15%, and AAA/AARP/Sr. being 10% off. On a few occasions, the Sr./AARP rate has been better than the AAA rate, but I've never encountered a situation when an MVP rate was available that it was significantly bettr.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Usually the MVP in virtually all of my stays has been 20% off, with Team USA being 15%, and AAA/AARP/Sr. being 10% off. On a few occasions, the Sr./AARP rate has been better than the AAA rate, but I've never encountered a situation when an MVP rate was available that it was significantly bettr.
I've generally found MVP to be much better than AAA or AARP. One stay I'm looking at MVP is the same rate ($103) as the "today only" 30% off rate. (San Francisco Hampton Inn Convention Center)
Old Dec 2, 2015, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by diver858
I too have never had an issue, likely a function of who checks you in.

With that said: The MVP rate is typically ~10% off, not significantly better than the AAA rate, In the unlikely event there is an issue, the price differential should not be prohibitive.
This is not correct. MVP is frequently much better.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 2:41 pm

Use to MVP for multiple room/several colleagues

Hi,

I have used the MVP code several times in the past with great success and satisfaction.
In my upcoming trip there are 5 more colleagues who join me.
Can make the booking with my HH number and use the MVP code for getting special rate for them ?
Old Dec 10, 2015, 12:07 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Just finished a trip with over 10 Hilton MVP stays. Zero issues.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by erro
Hi,

I have used the MVP code several times in the past with great success and satisfaction.
In my upcoming trip there are 5 more colleagues who join me.
Can make the booking with my HH number and use the MVP code for getting special rate for them ?
You should be able to make multiple bookings at the MVP rate. I don't recall the limit on how many rooms you get credit for, though.

It might be safer to let them get their own HH accounts and reservations, if you don't care about getting their points.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by sethb
You should be able to make multiple bookings at the MVP rate. I don't recall the limit on how many rooms you get credit for, though.

It might be safer to let them get their own HH accounts and reservations, if you don't care about getting their points.
On a booking this fall, I booked for three others and was given credit for my stay + one other.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
From the HHonors website FAQ:

CAN I EARN POINTS FOR MULTIPLE ROOMS IF I AM PAYING FOR THEM?
You can earn HHonors Base Point credit for up to two rooms per stay. All eligible charges for both rooms must be paid together on one folio (i.e., one hotel bill), which must be requested at time of check-in.
Base Point credit will be earned for all eligible folio charges incurred on both rooms. Bonuses issued on Base Point credit or total folio charges, including elite tier bonuses and quarterly promotions, will apply to the total Base Point credit earned or folio charges incurred for both rooms. HHonors Bonus Point credit, including points earned with partners and other promotional bonuses, will be awarded on one room only (except for the elite tier bonuses and quarterly promotions mentioned above). You will earn only one stay credit (including credit toward HHonors elite tier qualification) and only one mileage credit.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 1:08 pm

Thank guys.
So if I understand correctly. I should be able to book room for my colleagues with the MVP rate. I do not care about the points though.

Will they be able to update their credit card upon check-in or is everything need to stay on my card ?
Old Dec 10, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Thank guys.
So if I understand correctly. I should be able to book room for my colleagues with the MVP rate. I do not care about the points though.

Will they be able to update their credit card upon check-in or is everything need to stay on my card ?
Now it's getting complicated. Just let them book their own rooms with their own cards on MVP rate. They need an HHonors account.

Changing the credit card at check in just adds complications and slows everyone down.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 1:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Now it's getting complicated. Just let them book their own rooms with their own cards on MVP rate. They need an HHonors account.

Changing the credit card at check in just adds complications and slows everyone down.
I'm not familiar with Hilton but if it's like Hyatt and most other hotels, you don't "change" the credit card at check in per say. When you book a room, you use a credit card to hold the room. If you are a no-show or cancel beyond the cancellation date, then they charge your card. However, when you show up to check in, it's not a hassle for the front desk attendant to use w/e credit card you want to pay the bill. You just give it to them when checking in or out as payment method.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
should I be worried that the rate details specifically say "SPORTS AFFILIATION ID REQUIRED FOR BOOKING AND CHECK IN." This is at a regular Hilton.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by cdancer20
should I be worried that the rate details specifically say "SPORTS AFFILIATION ID REQUIRED FOR BOOKING AND CHECK IN." This is at a regular Hilton.
No worries if you have a sports affiliation ID at check-in.

USGA membership is just $10

http://www.usga.org/clubhouse/default/members-join.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.