Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Sydney {AUS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Sydney {AUS}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
http://www.hiltonsydney.com.au/asset...ltonSydney.pdf ...although the numbers don't add up.

I wonder how many base level rooms at this hotel are block booked for overnighting airline staff? I always see the SQ staff there...4 flights a day into SYD...any other airlines staying here?
That is a good point. That would take a lot of their base rooms.

Last edited by turtlemichael; Jan 13, 2015 at 4:11 pm
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
http://www.hiltonsydney.com.au/asset...ltonSydney.pdf ...although the numbers don't add up.

I wonder how many base level rooms at this hotel are block booked for overnighting airline staff? I always see the SQ staff there...4 flights a day into SYD...any other airlines staying here?
EmIrates also stays here.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:25 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by worldiswide
So 4 SQ flights a day...2 EK A380s from DXB, 1 EK BKK flight plus, I'm guessing, EK crew who fly SYD>AKL>SYD and SYD>CHC>SYD in one day? Not saying they all stay at the Hilton all the time but that would be conceivably all standard rooms and more gone right there!
Old Jan 14, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
That is a good point. That would take a lot of their base rooms.
Originally Posted by worldiswide
So 4 SQ flights a day...2 EK A380s from DXB, 1 EK BKK flight plus, I'm guessing, EK crew who fly SYD>AKL>SYD and SYD>CHC>SYD in one day? Not saying they all stay at the Hilton all the time but that would be conceivably all standard rooms and more gone right there!
Indeed, big planes with big crews. Always see loads of them in the lobby...
Old Jan 14, 2015, 7:39 pm

Big planes and small convention business too. The rates vary widely, maybe several hundred dollars for the same room based on demand.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:20 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I arrived yesterday at the Hilton Sydney and was surprised to see Mr. van Weezel walking through the EL as he frequently did those days in Berlin when he was the general manager at the Hilton there.
I met him this morning when he told me that he left Hilton Brisbane and arrived as the new general manager at the Hilton Sydney ten days ago. I think he did a very good job back in Berlin (I don't know about Brisbane) in terms of benefits for elite members.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:00 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Zurich
I arrived yesterday at the Hilton Sydney and was surprised to see Mr. van Weezel walking through the EL as he frequently did those days in Berlin when he was the general manager at the Hilton there.
I met him this morning when he told me that he left Hilton Brisbane and arrived as the new general manager at the Hilton Sydney ten days ago. I think he did a very good job back in Berlin (I don't know about Brisbane) in terms of benefits for elite members.
Brisbane treated me well
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Originally Posted by Zurich
Great to hear. Always been very well treated at Hilton Sydney as a Gold (upgrades to Executive lounge room when booking the cheapest rooms), so hopefully that continues under the new GM.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 9:53 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by proteome
Does anybody ever actually have their suites upgraded here?

I had my 77th stay at this property this week.

Never booked a suite, but I stay in one about 70% of the time - "Relaxation suite" mostly, though a few times I've had the ubersuite - dining table, bathroom that runs half the width of the building, etc.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by shillard
I had my 77th stay at this property this week.

Never booked a suite, but I stay in one about 70% of the time - "Relaxation suite" mostly, though a few times I've had the ubersuite - dining table, bathroom that runs half the width of the building, etc.
Not quite that many stays but also never booked a suite but have been upgraded to relaxation, and the top end suites as welL probably about 60% of the time in the last 10 years or so.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:07 am

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
My first stay last night, hotel was very full. No suite upgrade but got an executive room after booking the cheapest room

nice room but it did seem on the small side, are all the rooms basically the same size? Whats difference between room categories?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
My first stay last night, hotel was very full. No suite upgrade but got an executive room after booking the cheapest room

nice room but it did seem on the small side, are all the rooms basically the same size? Whats difference between room categories?
There is very little difference between an entry level room, a deluxe room and an executive room. With the exception of the corner rooms that are marginally larger, all of these room types are the same size.

In my opinion the Hilton Sydney is one of those Hilton properties that plays games with upgrades. A deluxe room, for example, is on a higher room and constitutes an upgrade in their view.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by danger
There is very little difference between an entry level room, a deluxe room and an executive room. With the exception of the corner rooms that are marginally larger, all of these room types are the same size.

In my opinion the Hilton Sydney is one of those Hilton properties that plays games with upgrades. A deluxe room, for example, is on a higher room and constitutes an upgrade in their view.
+1, exactly. Plus you get slippers. Relaxation or above if you want a bigger room, and they are quite large indeed!
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:59 am

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by danger
A deluxe room, for example, is on a higher room and constitutes an upgrade in their view.
Ha ha ha...well, I was "upgraded" to a high floor I guess (27) but as I checked in at 7pm when I arrived in the room the blackout blinds were down so I couldn't see anything anyway!

(great blackouts though, awesome for sleeping)
Old May 3, 2015, 2:45 pm
cjd

Stayed at the Hilton Sydney at the end of March. Not through choice, but as the hotel was extremely busy, had to book a King Executive room. At check in and after some discussion with front desk agent was upgraded to a Relaxation Suite, supposedly at a discounted rate. Was not completely happy with this situation and took it up with the HHonors manager after the weekend and as the hotel was full over the weekend, she agreed to give us the upgrade complimentary for the 3 weekday nights of our 6 night stay. Not the best solution but very happy with the suite, and thought it served us well for our 6 nights here. Bed very comfortable, blackout blinds very effective and bathroom very modern with great shower. There was a convenient second toilet/washroom. Was given the choice of breakfast in the lounge or restaurant and used the restaurant most mornings for the extensive choice. Ate in the Glasshouse restaurant one evening for dinner, which we enjoyed. Tried the indoor pool a couple of mornings before breakfast and it was very quiet. Executive lounge got very busy each night but we always managed to find seats. Selection of wines, spirits and sparkling wine were served by the staff in the lounge. No self serving. Overall a very pleasant stay in a good location in Sydney. Has changed a lot from our first stay there many years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.