Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Sydney {AUS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Sydney {AUS}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by k3nnis
Does GOLD get breakfast at the glass as well?
Yes.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:30 pm

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Nice! I would assume breakfast at GLASS is better than the exec lounge at Hilton SYD?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 2:30 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Thumbs up

Nice! I would assume breakfast at GLASS is better than the exec lounge at Hilton SYD?
The Glass breakfast in Sydney is IMHO one of the best Hilton breakfast buffets I've ever had
Old Aug 19, 2012, 5:20 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Smile Hilton Sydney

Fabulous stay, great staff, very friendly. The lounge is one of the best we have stayed in, what a great service from all the staff. Rooms are great and location is super. Parking cost are way to high, but this is a city problem.

Stayed July 2012

Last edited by ITravelElite; Feb 22, 2013 at 11:11 am Reason: wrong city, must he sydney
Old Aug 19, 2012, 5:22 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by Princess fiona
The Glass breakfast in Sydney is IMHO one of the best Hilton breakfast buffets I've ever had
The EL breakfast is quite acceptable too but not to the standards of Glass as you'd tend to expect. It also can be a bit of a rugby scrum in the EL at times so we prefer Glass.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 5:55 am

Thanks for the feedback
Old Aug 19, 2012, 5:55 am

Is this Hilton South Wharf or Hilton on the park?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 9:04 am

Is this Hilton South Wharf or Hilton on the park?
Sorry, must be Hilton Sydney, admin please update

Last edited by ITravelElite; Feb 22, 2013 at 11:11 am
Old Aug 30, 2012, 1:19 pm

Smile Hilton Sydney

Fabulous stay, great staff, very friendly. The lounge is one of the best we have stayed in, what a great service from all the staff. Rooms are great and location is super. Parking cost are way to high, but this is a city problem.

Stayed July 2012

Pascal Scholtius
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:50 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Im not a fan of Sydney since the refit.
though if you are comparing to the Amsterdam Hilton yes they are friendly and the lounge is much better and the rooms though a shoe box are bigger and better.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 6:00 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by aussielori
Im not a fan of Sydney since the refit.
though if you are comparing to the Amsterdam Hilton yes they are friendly and the lounge is much better and the rooms though a shoe box are bigger and better.
While they are not large, if you consider Sydney's room shoebox, you haven't travelled.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 2:19 pm

Stayed at the Hilton Sydney once more... got woken up at 4am with some kind of incredibly noisy jackhammering. Not sure how it could have been coming from outside as I had a room on the 34rd floor, but perhaps it was and not the hotel's fault. Jackhammering stopped after about 45 minutes and then started again at 6am.

Ordered room service fish & chips last night. Pretty average.

Had to get maintenance to come and stop the airconditioner from making a constant high pitched humming noise.

No upgrade even as Diamond member.

There are much better hotels in Sydney.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by ajca
Stayed at the Hilton Sydney once more... got woken up at 4am with some kind of incredibly noisy jackhammering. Not sure how it could have been coming from outside as I had a room on the 34rd floor, but perhaps it was and not the hotel's fault. Jackhammering stopped after about 45 minutes and then started again at 6am.

Ordered room service fish & chips last night. Pretty average.

Had to get maintenance to come and stop the airconditioner from making a constant high pitched humming noise.

No upgrade even as Diamond member.

There are much better hotels in Sydney.
did you have a chance to vist the "executive benefits in an alternate location"?

(the executive lounge is currently being refurbished in Sept and Oct)
Old Oct 8, 2012, 2:39 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Another excellent stay, received an invite to "drinks with management" at Zeta bar on checkin, unfortunately can't make that. Great, consistent hotel (especially on a Monday night with a $199 room rate incl Gold Breakfast, Lounge & Internet benefits). Top value. Later in the week at $350+ per room night, not so much......

Lesson: plan your stays well in advance as I now do!
Old Oct 8, 2012, 2:45 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by shillard
Another excellent stay, received an invite to "drinks with management" at Zeta bar on checkin, unfortunately can't make that. Great, consistent hotel (especially on a Monday night with a $199 room rate incl Gold Breakfast, Lounge & Internet benefits). Top value. Later in the week at $350+ per room night, not so much......

Lesson: plan your stays well in advance as I now do!
Why aren't you Diamond though VA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.