Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Sydney {AUS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Sydney {AUS}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2014, 7:20 pm

Programs: QF WP (LTG), AA, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold.
Originally Posted by joetro
Okay, thanks. On the one hand I think it would be nice to save my Hyatt points. On the other, I had wanted to only stay in one hotel per city on this big trip so I wouldn't have to keep unpacking and moving, taking expensive taxis to hotels, etc. Good to know about wifi. I really want to use it to check e-mail and get my map bearings straight, not for work. But, I do really need to have it at times, and I don't want to pay the $29 fee.
Or there's a McDonald's down the block, or the big Westfield shopping centre nearby has free wifi if you need to just check in and get your bearings, if you arrive too early to check in.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 4:55 am

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Writing from The Sydney Hilton. We arrived Sunday morning about 1030 am and room was not ready for an hour. I think it is harder to get into a room early on the weekends. The checkout time is fairly early as well.

We have Complementary wifi access and the service is much improved since our last visit.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:22 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Have searched in this and a number of other threads but have been unable to find an answer.

Does anyone know what the hours are for the drinks and canape service in the Hilton Sydney Executive Lounge?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Originally Posted by DomesticGoddess
Have searched in this and a number of other threads but have been unable to find an answer.

Does anyone know what the hours are for the drinks and canape service in the Hilton Sydney Executive Lounge?
D'oh. Found it on another forum. Will leave it here for others:

Evening Drinks and canapés:
6:00pm - 8:30pm (weekdays)
6:00pm - 8:00pm (weekends)
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Quote:

D'oh. Found it on another forum. Will leave it here for others:

Quote:
Evening Drinks and canapés:
6:00pm - 8:30pm (weekdays)
6:00pm - 8:00pm (weekends)

Well done, thanks for the bump!
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Well done, thanks for the bump!
And quite a spread it is, probably one of the best I've come across in a Hilton EL.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by sfoactuary
And quite a spread it is, probably one of the best I've come across in a Hilton EL.
Agree with that! I also took advantage of breakfast perk downstairs, unbelievable spread as well!
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by wharvey
We are going to Sydney in November... I was looking for a room using points...

Cheapest room on points: King Executive Room or Twin Executive Room for 123,217 points per night. OUCH!
I was disappointed by this hotel. The rooms are small. If you book a base room, the Gold/Diamond upgrade is most likely just an exec room.

This means a small room on a higher floor, with access to the exec lounge.
Whilst it's an ok lounge, it's nothing compared to the exec lounges in Asia.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:25 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by cyberon
I was disappointed by this hotel. The rooms are small. If you book a base room, the Gold/Diamond upgrade is most likely just an exec room.

This means a small room on a higher floor, with access to the exec lounge.
Whilst it's an ok lounge, it's nothing compared to the exec lounges in Asia.
Agreed. Glass Brasserie is the standout, but the rooms and exec lounge are nothing to get remotely excited about.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Agreed. Glass Brasserie is the standout, but the rooms and exec lounge are nothing to get remotely excited about.
Yeah, I liked the Glass Brasserie breakfast. The fresh orange juicer is a nice bonus (depending on the quality of oranges!).

Golds/Diamonds get the full buffet, although I think if you want them to freshly cook some eggs for you they will charge for it. (this is included in Asian hilton hotels eg Conrad Macau/HK)
Old Aug 3, 2014, 12:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Hertz Pres
Looked at booking this hotel for March 2015 last week. Got a pretty good rate of 70K points. Look this week, there's only 120K rates! Does this hotel fill up that quickly in March? Or did they just jack up the rates...
Old Aug 3, 2014, 1:26 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
deleted
Old Aug 3, 2014, 3:11 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pinerd
Looked at booking this hotel for March 2015 last week. Got a pretty good rate of 70K points. Look this week, there's only 120K rates! Does this hotel fill up that quickly in March? Or did they just jack up the rates...
Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras is the first Saturday in March. Also cruise ship season.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 7:04 pm

No availability at all?!

Trying to book the 2 free award weekend nights (Sept 10th of 12th) - but when checking the website, it shows no standard room availability using HHonors points. In fact there is no availability for the entire 12 months out even when I tried using 1 night only. Is the hotel trying to limit non-revenue customers from staying there?
Old Sep 25, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: IHG RA, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Europecar Elite VIP, Virgin Platinum, A3 Gold
Does anybody ever actually have their suites upgraded here?

I book King Suite, Relaxation Suite, Master Suite but never get any room upgrades.

I get club access, but it's depressing. I find myself involuntarily having to spend time there as my rooms are never ready.

I do get *paid* upgrades each and every time I have selected 'estandby' upgrades.

Is there any trick to getting upgrades when you have already booked a suite? Check in at a certain time, straight out request it, beg, be difficult...anything? It's almost a given in Asia, even in Surfers...but maybe I'm doing it wrong in Sydney....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.