Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Sydney {AUS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Sydney {AUS}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2015, 7:23 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
I'm told, but obviously can't verify it, that the access policy to the EL at Sydney Hilton is now as follows:
Diamond - access at all times and can take breakfast in glass
Gold in suites and Executive floor rooms - access at all times, breakfast in the EL
Other gold - breakfast in the EL, no access at other times.

I suspect that there might be exceptions to the policy, for example for known frequent guests. I'll be interested to see if anyone can verify this.

Last edited by turtlemichael; Jul 24, 2015 at 7:31 pm
Old Jul 24, 2015, 8:40 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
I'm told, but obviously can't verify it, that the access policy to the EL at Sydney Hilton is now as follows:
Gold in suites and Executive floor rooms - access at all times, breakfast in the EL
Other gold - breakfast in the EL, no access at other times.

I suspect that there might be exceptions to the policy, for example for known frequent guests. I'll be interested to see if anyone can verify this.
I've just returned from a 4 nights stay there and that is the same as what I've been told by both the FD and the staff at executive lounge.

Although I tried the breakfast at the glass restaurant for one morning at a discounted rate for Golds and to be honest, you're just paying for the hot food which isn't that fantastic for me. Oh and barista coffee cost extra too.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, United 1k, Hilton Gold, Budget Slowbreak. Hertz 5 Star
Room with points March 20-27 2015

Any idea why point rates are so high this period? Diamond desk says they haven't loaded standard rates yet. Any idea when this happens? Other thoughts?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 1:48 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by kwalder
Any idea why point rates are so high this period? Diamond desk says they haven't loaded standard rates yet. Any idea when this happens? Other thoughts?
Assume you mean 2016! It's a common problem at this hotel. If you look back on this thread to several in January this year, you will see some discussion about this. Thread nos 1058 to 1070 discuss this problem.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 9:38 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
So looking at some potential dates in Oct and Nov for a three night stay over a long weekend, and selecting flexible dates, most stays have lowest rates at AU$879 or AU$599

thats crazy. Good for the hotel of course!
Old Aug 17, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
So looking at some potential dates in Oct and Nov for a three night stay over a long weekend, and selecting flexible dates, most stays have lowest rates at AU$879 or AU$599

I already miss this hotel. This hotel got one of the best executive lounge Hilton worldwide. You will enjoy this hotel. Tip do the bridgeclime!
I
Old Aug 17, 2015, 3:02 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by oranjemakker

I'd look into the Park Hyatt in Sydney at those rates redemption or revenue
The room standard is vastly superior in every way IMHO
And the service is exceptional as are the views one is even assigned a personal butler
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:40 am

I was just coming here to read up and research the high rates at this property as well. Trying to book a stay on points next March or April and am coming up with 200-300K per night. Ouch. Anyone have better luck redeeming here? What am I doing wrong? I have a whoooole lot of points, but not planning to spend them all that quickly.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by MissJ
I was just coming here to read up and research the high rates at this property as well. Trying to book a stay on points next March or April and am coming up with 200-300K per night. Ouch. Anyone have better luck redeeming here? What am I doing wrong? I have a whoooole lot of points, but not planning to spend them all that quickly.
Wow! I got 80K points/nt the week after Christmas last year, but further upstream was blamed for taking the single standard award room available each day at this property
Old Aug 26, 2015, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
I can confirm this is still the case. According to the welcome letter, as a diamond I get :

Complimentary Standard Internet
Executive Lounge Access
Complimentary Glass Brasserie

The third of those obviously makes absolutely no sense (well, unless it means I get free food there all day?!?), but I had no issues at all with getting breakfast in Glass.

The Internet comment is also not up with current policy (should be premium), but at least when using the Ethernet cable in the room there's no prompt for different speeds/etc.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:42 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

I checked out yesterday after a week there.

Love this hotel. Location is great. Nice walk to Sydney Harbour.

Had breakfast at Glass as a Diamond. Very nice buffet with hot food. Made-to-order omlettes. Fresh pasteries.

The Executive Lounge breakfast is a very slimmed-down version of this. No hot foods available. It was convenient, however, as I was staying on the same floor (36).
Old Oct 6, 2015, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by docbert
I can confirm this is still the case. According to the welcome letter, as a diamond I get :

Complimentary Standard Internet
Executive Lounge Access
Complimentary Glass Brasserie

The third of those obviously makes absolutely no sense (well, unless it means I get free food there all day?!?), but I had no issues at all with getting breakfast in Glass.

The Internet comment is also not up with current policy (should be premium), but at least when using the Ethernet cable in the room there's no prompt for different speeds/etc.
Good to see this access is officially back.

Amex have a '$50 off' deal right now if you pay for a Hilton over $250 a room, with Amex, and I see a rate of $256 there soon.

$A200 does sound pretty silly, and see no $169 rooms these days, but need a few stays and if the Glass is back .......

Assume that breakfast runs to Diamond and room guest if booked for 2?
Old Oct 6, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Assume that breakfast runs to Diamond and room guest if booked for 2?
Yes that's explicitly stated in the Diamond benefits: "A complimentary continental breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay"

Last edited by kirkwoodj; Oct 6, 2015 at 8:51 am
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Yes that's explicitly stated in the Diamond benefits: "A complimentary continental breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay"
What does a "continental" breakfast entail at this property? Does it include made to order eggs and the like? Sometimes this term is used to limit the offering to coffee/tea, juice, breakfast breads and pastries and a fruit basket
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:58 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
What does a "continental" breakfast entail at this property? Does it include made to order eggs and the like? Sometimes this term is used to limit the offering to coffee/tea, juice, breakfast breads and pastries and a fruit basket
If you are referring to what is in the EL, we checked out 10 days prior to Iluv2fly. The breakfast in the EL does include 2 hot items, plus breads and pastries, meats, cheeses, fruits, cereals and oatmeal (also hot) and a few other items. Nothing to complain about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.