Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2010, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Thanks very much for the great photo report. Also one of my favorite hotels.

I agree that the internet service and the business center are the only disappointments. When I was there last summer only one computer in the business center worked properly. The laptop in the lounge was helpful but not always available. Otherwise the internet service is very expensive.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA GGL/CCR, AMEX Cent, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
My favourite hotel in Tokyo, if not the world. So many fond memories after looking through these pictures, looking forward to being back there in 2 months

Arigato gozaimasu
Old Sep 11, 2010, 2:03 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by toshiba114
I agree next time I will stay at Hilton Shinjuku . Have anybody been there?
Thanks for the good photo report toshiba114.

Last x'mas I stayed with my family, 2 rooms, at the Hilton Tokyo(paid stay) and at the Conrad(award stay). In between we also stayed at the Hilton Osaka.

IMHO the Conrad was a much better hotel. The rooms are just fabolous. Also, as mentioned by El Cochinito, the bathrooms are fantastic.
However we liked more EL at the Hilton. More food choices at night and you could help yourself from the buffet, versus being served, as it happens at the Conrad.
On our arrival day I had the same issue with the tip, which I loved , because I am a bit sick of the american system of having to tip everywhere.
If you do some search in this forum, you will see reports about the Hilton Tokyo.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 9:35 am

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
I was in Tokyo this summer too and stayed at the Hilton in Shinjuku. I also bought the airport limo and subway combo pass. I wanted to stay at the Conrad, but I thought it was not near a subway stop for which the pass was valid. Also the airport limo's schedule to the Conrad was limited and my flight arrived too late to get that directly to the hotel.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 5:06 pm

how late does the club lounge stay open? How late do they serve complimentary alcohol?

thanks
Old Sep 12, 2010, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Thanks OP. ^ You brought back great memories of our own GLON stay there a few months ago. For those who would like to see a few more views of a room and the lounge, we posted some here.

We loved the experience.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 6:35 pm

Thumbs up Thanks for the great pics

I, too, had the pleasure of staying at the Conrad Tokyo this summer and it is indeed a wonderful hotel.
Your pictures brought back great memories.
I hope to return next year.
Thank you! :-:
Old Sep 15, 2010, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA GGL/CCR, AMEX Cent, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by globaltrotter
how late does the club lounge stay open? How late do they serve complimentary alcohol?

thanks
11pm and alcohol 5-7pm I believe
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by globaltrotter

thanks
We stayed here in January 2010, "last call" was around 7:30, but because the lounge was almost empty they didn't really stop serving alcohol till about 8:00 or so. I think officially it is 5:00-7:00 or 7:30, the last round of food comes out at about 7:30, and you can always have some snacks and juice/soda till about 11:00.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 12:38 pm

3 pax to a room

All,

My Sister, her husband and I are going to be in Japan for the first time and so would like to utilize the "Q3FN" Award that i have. Not sure about the full features of this award but is it possible that this award can book the 3 of us into a room? If not, how can we "upgrade"/"upsize" ourselves?

Thanks.

eltonang
Old Sep 27, 2010, 9:55 am

Anybody has bay view room picture?
Old Sep 27, 2010, 2:12 pm

Is the Executive Lounge really open till 11pm? Source?

Can't find it on the us site, and it says 9pm on the german site...
Old Sep 27, 2010, 3:15 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Thank you for all of the photos - they're great!

Question regarding the glass wall/window between the bathroom and bedroom. Can this be closed for privacy? Is there a curtain or something?

Appreciate the help!
Old Sep 27, 2010, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by New England Traveler
Thank you for all of the photos - they're great!

Question regarding the glass wall/window between the bathroom and bedroom. Can this be closed for privacy? Is there a curtain or something?

Appreciate the help!
Yes, there is a bamboo curtain that will come down inside of the bathroom. Also, you can have the music from the TV pumping into the bathroom. Everything in this hotel is automated can be accomplished with one press of a button, literally anything.

Enjoy your stay!
Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by roland_wa
Is the Executive Lounge really open till 11pm? Source?

Can't find it on the us site, and it says 9pm on the german site...
I am almost certain I've been in there past 9pm. 11pm sounds correct to me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.