Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2007, 2:10 pm

Programs: OneW(Gold) Virgin(Gold) StarA(Hons) Hilton(Diam) ICG(Plat) Marriott(Gold) Amex Cent
down, down, down...

Guess a web developer/consulting firm might face a substantial lost revenue claim.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 2:11 pm

Programs: OneW(Gold) Virgin(Gold) StarA(Hons) Hilton(Diam) ICG(Plat) Marriott(Gold) Amex Cent
Hilton.co.uk works but has (as always) rather limited functionality. You cannot log in to your account and your profile with your username and password, need user id and pin.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 2:17 pm

Atually spoke with their technical support. The system's been down for about 3 days and there's no reliable time estimate for when they'll be up again. He said ALL systems are down, hence not even the Diamond desk can access any reservation details or otherwise help you...
As noted above, somebody's got a bad start to the new year!
Old Jan 4, 2007, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Well, I caught it during a rare spurt of uptime and booked something. At least I think I did -- I'll go back in a few hours and see if the system displays it.

Then I got a how-did-we-do survey, and naturally took advantage.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The many Hilton web sites are probably worn out and exhausted from (A) the constant dilution of HH points, (B) the constantly increasing room rates and (C) the non-upgrading of Diamonds to the executive lounges. Personally I am getting increasingly annoyed as to the one-sided trend Hilton Honors is morphing to.

MisterNice
Old Jan 4, 2007, 3:09 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
I find that if I start directly at https://secure.hilton.com/en/hi/logi...otection.jhtml that it works for me. I can get to my account and see my stay history. I didn't try to book a new room, but I did cancel one and that worked. In fact, the website is more responsive than I've ever seen it, probably because no one else can get on.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
Thumbs up

Thanks so much for this tip... I've been getting annoyed all day, and hate waiting on the phone for reservations. Used this link, and got right into my account and booked a stay for next week.

You'd think they'd just put a redirect on their site to the working old site...
Originally Posted by MikeLaw
I find that if I start directly at https://secure.hilton.com/en/hi/logi...otection.jhtml that it works for me. I can get to my account and see my stay history. I didn't try to book a new room, but I did cancel one and that worked. In fact, the website is more responsive than I've ever seen it, probably because no one else can get on.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 6:46 pm

Programs: Retired-CO Former Long-time Plat, Now a Kettle, Hilton Gold (Thanks AMEX)
I just tried the link....No dice. I'd hate to be the one responsible for this mess.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 8:37 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I've been using the website updating some links in the hotel master thread sticky. Been mostly working if rather slow, but seems to have died again.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
site is still bonkers. It showed the login and after entering number and password, it came back with error message.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 11:04 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Been up and down for me most of the last day. And when it does work, quite slow.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I found that doing any kind of reward stay search threw it into error-page mode. Unbelievable that an enterprise like Hilton could let things go this wrong, this long.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 6:27 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
Its been half dead for two hours now. Pretty lame.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 6:40 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Its been half dead for two hours now. Pretty lame.
Yep.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 11:07 pm

VIP Award Codes page

Can never get it to display page listing VIP award codes.
When I click on the 'View Reward Codes and Points' link....I get:
'The page you are attempting to view is temporarily unavailable' followed by a list of Hilton Web sites.....

(Eventually accessed it via the Site Map)

Thx
rdy

Last edited by RDY3238; Jan 13, 2007 at 8:32 pm Reason: Update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.