Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2007, 11:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Many times when I try to book on HIlton.com, the search results will say "rates from xx" but when I click to book the hotel, that rate is rarely available. As an example, today I looked at the Hilton Dahab from 1/29 - 2/2. The search results said rates from $80. When I clicked to book, the cheapest was $95.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 3:28 pm

When clicking on the $ amount shown for a rate that changes during the booking (ie $100 for the first night, then $110 for the second), then it no longer itimises the changes in the details about the rate.

It says instead (eg) that the per night rate is $210 (ie the total of the stay)

If you confirm the booking, then you get the breakdown correctly on that page.

Please fix Hilton!!!!
Old Jan 15, 2007, 4:11 pm

I know many have a problem with the rate showing as being accurate, but lately I have not been shown any rates whatsoever. I like the rate feature. While it may be somewhat innacurate, it still tends to give a good impression of rate trends between properties.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 7:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
I'm just curious...is someone from HH monitoring this thread and reporting the site problems?
Old Jan 17, 2007, 5:08 am

I've also noticed that the "View prices in" <currency> option is broken - at least in Firefox 2.X

It just returns you to the page you last viewed showing the local currency.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
XML Hilton website error?

I apologize in advance if this has been covered in another thread. I searched and got a goose-egg.

For the past month or so when I go to hilton.com I would get a "this XML page can not be displayed" error and I'd hit refersh or retype the URL w/ the www. and it would generally work.

But today I can't access it. No way, no how. I tried linking from google, clearing my cache and spent a good 10 minutes or so trying to figure this out (which is way too long if you ask me) and I still can't access it.

So, I'll ask - what's the deal? Am I the only one dealing with this?

Specs = I.E. 6.0 / XP SP2.

At work, so there's a good deal of firewalls and what have you (which I'm guessing is the culprit) but we're not that much more secure than any other corporation. And I checked with IT, hilton.com isn't blacklisted from our servers that they can tell.

Also - maybe someone can help. Hilton Silver Spring (MD). Decent hotel? And what's the transport situation like to/from DCA?

Thanks.

(Just hopped onto my personal Mac and I can access hilton.com from Safari. Must be an IE problem. But still...)
Old Feb 8, 2007, 8:53 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Cannot log in to my account, tried both IE & Firefox.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 11:26 am

It's working for me in IE, but I noticed you posted the problem several hours ago...so maybe they fixed the problem?
Old Feb 10, 2007, 10:12 pm
Original Member

Is the www.hhonors.com website down?

Is the HHonors.com website down? I keep getting the following error message:

Sign In.
We're sorry but we are unable to process your login. You may book your reservations without login. Be sure to provide your HHonors/Senior HHonors account number on the Guest Information form.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 10:16 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
login problems via HHonors website

anyone else not able to access their account? says my username and password is invalid, so thinking I inadvertantly changed my password without knowing it I tell them to send my password to me. What happens when I go to the HHonors login help page to have them send me a password NOTHING happens! That's the problem! I get a "page not found" error. Is anyone else experiencing wierdness (ok...out of the ordinary wierdness I mean ) when attempting to log in?
Old Feb 10, 2007, 10:25 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
ok...so reservations is down too, so guess it's a systemwide outage. they claim it'll be up by 1:00 am central time
Old Feb 10, 2007, 10:53 pm

i get the same message when logging in. Reservations told me the whole system is down. They expect it to be up around 1:00 am central time.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 2:07 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
Looks like it's back as I have just logged in OK.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 2:29 am
Suspended

I am able to log-in but cant make any reservation
Old Feb 11, 2007, 5:41 am

It's up again and making reservations is now also possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.