Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
This thread is for archived general discussion of Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom through 2012. For information and discussion on individual hotels, please refer to LINKS for Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom

To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:
1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2000, 11:58 am

Programs: CX GR; AA Life GLD, EXP; SPG Life GLD, PLT
Help for London Stay for New Hilton fan

Posted here because seems more appropriate.

I will have my trip to London and will stay in Hilton (Also as "Gold Fast Track" stays)

I read old trends and search hilton site, if you have stayed in these hotels would you mind give me some opinion?

1. Hilton Islington (3 mins angel station) (priced ~7xGBP+tax)
2. Hilton Kensington (Priced ~8xGBP+tax)
3. Hilton Hyde park (Priced ~9xGBP+tax, worth it?)

Many commented Kensington is just OK and NOT recognise VIP status and Hyde Park is "Standard". And I found Islington priced most attractive. Since they are in similar price range, which is the "best value of money"?

I use tube all the time so near tube station is a must. I read map of Hilton Kensington seems quite far away from tube, is that true?

or other good but similarly cheap hilton?

I know Hilton have many good hotels in London like Langham (spelling) and Conrad, but too espensive for me. (I can't afford anything above 100GBP)

Also, will the cheapest rate ("HS", super value??) qualify for points?

Heard about online booking bonus, still available? Need to register? Also, if I stay 3 nights at different hotels, can I do it as 3 booking and earn 3 online bonus?

Sorry for so many question, new to Hilton.

Thanks!

Old Dec 6, 2000, 1:07 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally posted by HK-UMICH:

Many commented Kensington is just OK and NOT recognise VIP status

I use tube all the time so near tube station is a must. I read map of Hilton Kensington seems quite far away from tube, is that true?

They will put you on the executive floor if you stick to your guns. Even if you don't get up there, you don't need a key to get to the 7th floor and I never had anybody ask if I should be using the lounge. You get free breakfast and open bar in the evenings.

I didn't think they were too far away from the tube. I just got back and I thought the walk was nice, there was a grocery store and pub during the 3-4 block walk. I had my 64 year old in-laws with me and they thought the walk was fine.

Old Dec 6, 2000, 3:22 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Another London Hilton Question (St. Ermin's) -- Rates

I am planning a weekend in London in February. Originally, I planned to go myself, but may be able to talk a friend into going.

I had found a total Escapeways rate (for three nights), at the St. Ermin's, for one person of 140 GBP for a single room, or 191 GBP for a double room.

Trying the same hotel and dates but for two people, the double room Escapeways rate jumps to 281 GBP. The difference of 90 GBP for an additional person seems quite high to me.

1) Does this seem right?
2) Is there any chance I could reserve a double room for one person and simply show up with two people and have the original rate honored?

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
Greg
Old Dec 6, 2000, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Regarding the Kensington Hilton. About 10 days ago the trip tube-hotel was exactly 9 min (slightly downhill with my TravelPro), and exactly 10 min hotel-tube( slightly uphill with my TravelPro). The best tube stop to use is Holland Park (in zone 2) on the Central line (both elevators are usually working). Shepherds Bush is closer to the hotel but tacky area and mucho construction makes for poor walking. For the hearty, I did the hotel to Notting Hill Lane (zone 1) with my trusty TravelPro in about 18 min since I had a zone 1 only ticket and felt slightly thrifty that nice Nov sunny-but-cool day. Nice walk but somewhat trying. And for the enquiring minds out there, I did not rip-off Madonna's place there.....that happened 5 days after I left.

MisterNice
Old Dec 8, 2000, 7:03 pm

Thanks all for suggestions!

Since my friend don't want to walk too long, so he refused Kensington. So I will stay at
Hilton Islsington (1 night)
Hilton Hyde Park (1 night)
Hilton Heathrow (1 night)

Since no one here mentioned Islington, I will make my trip report here after the trip!

Never be a gold member, hope I can have some goodies when I check-in (Fast Track Gold)
Old Dec 9, 2000, 4:38 am
DOC 2 BE

I just stayed at the Islington. Great Hotel.

[This message has been edited by DOC 2 BE (edited 03-11-2001).]

Old Dec 9, 2000, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA Platinum (Lifetime), United GS, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Diamond, Marriott Platinum
you may also want to consider the metropole; it's very near two different tube stations on edgware road.

the hotel, which recently added some rooms, is now billing itself as europe's largest conference center and after having just returned, i can certainly believe that: the lobby is constantly abuzz and packed with people at all hours ...and the restaurants are sometimes closed for private functions. so, it's not a very inviting place. also, some members of staff can be rather rude and inattentive ...and there's no acknowledgement of hhonors status.

on the other hand, if price is your main concern, you can often book a room for as little as 60 or 70 pounds a night, if you catch a good rate on the right night(s).we just added two nights at the metropole on the end of a free week on points (at the langham) and we booked a rate of 74.50 a night, including VAT, which we thought was pretty darn good.

and the room itself was very nice!
Old Dec 9, 2000, 11:55 pm

THat's really good price.

The islington booked for 8xGBP (inc vat) and the St Emris is 9xGBP (inc tax) at early Jan.

(HS- Valus Plus rate)

Langham is really too expensive
Old Dec 10, 2000, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Metropole lobby is even busier as described above. Itsa zoo everyday. A nice tip.....check-in/out with the chap at the the desk across from the front desk, towards the bar, I believe (not the concierge). I did and it took a nice quick 2-3 min.

Do not eliminate the Kensington. Busses pass directly by the tube stop every few minutes. Also a taxi fare to/from the hotel would be only slightly more than the minimum fare. I really enjoy walking along the nice tree-lined street.
Old Dec 31, 2000, 6:25 pm

Question about the London Hilton

Hi. Anyone stayed recently at the London Hilton? We'll be there in March 2001. Do they have hairdryers provided in the bathrooms and do they provide breakfast as part of the "rate". We'll be staying using points using the wonderful GLON program.
Old Dec 31, 2000, 7:52 pm

To find the Hairdryer look in the Desk top drawer.

Yea I know in the desk, Don't ask it's a British thing!
Old Dec 31, 2000, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No breakfasts, no upgrades and yes indeed, the hair dryer is in the middle desk drawer (as in most other London Hiltons.....but not the Conrad). This crummy breakfast/upgrade policy was firmly adhered to by the unfriendly London Hilton staff on all my paid stays as a HH Diamond. Totally contrary to the Apr 2000 HHonors T&C written policy............... http://www.hilton.com/hhonors/benefits/levels.html .

MisterNice
Old Jan 11, 2001, 3:37 pm

Programs: HL Gold, SPG Platinum, HY Platinum, EY Gold Elite, EK Gold, LH Gold, AF Platinum
Metropol and Hyde Park Hilton London

I am going to to these two hotels in London next week. I have Diamond VIP. What can I expect?

Henri
Old Jan 12, 2001, 11:54 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
You will like the Metropol, new and clean, I've always received an upgrade. but is not near a tube line if this is important to you.

The Hyde Park Hilton is one of the worst Hiltons I have ever stayed at. Front desk was always rude, rooms very small, no concierge. The only redeeming factor of this hotel is it is 20 yards from a tube stop.

Old Jan 12, 2001, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have stayed at the Metropole. It was October 99 when I was there. It was going through some renovations. There is a tube line 5 minutes one way and Paddington station is 10 minutes the other (both walking times from your room). The Marble Arch, where you can catch tour buses, is about a 15-20 minute walk.

[This message has been edited by Baze (edited 01-17-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.