Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
This thread is for archived general discussion of Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom through 2012. For information and discussion on individual hotels, please refer to LINKS for Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom

To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:
1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2001, 9:42 am

Programs: HL Gold, SPG Platinum, HY Platinum, EY Gold Elite, EK Gold, LH Gold, AF Platinum
I was one month ago in Metropol Hilton. Service has improved a lot. It was really nice stay - well partly since I got a two room corner suite (I am Diamond VIP). Excellent service, only minus was breakfast, it was 30 minutes late (should start 6.30) and I could not have it since delay.

Old Feb 14, 2001, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, LH Senator, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks I was split between the 2 London Hiltons as to which to decide, so I will split the weekend as well- one night in each! I had favored the Conrad before because of the suites but after the "no breakfast for you" horror stories and the distance from the Underground, will stay only Saturday night. Metropole Executive Lounge sounds nice and I will request a tower room this Sunday night.

Thanks to all again and I will post how Valentine's get away weekend went.

[This message has been edited by worldbanker (edited 02-15-2001).]
Old Feb 14, 2001, 1:32 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

When i stayed there back then, I didn't deal with Monique, it was Micheal {it was Jun 99}. I didn't need any breakfast coupon, I can either choose to go down to the restaurant to have the buffet breakfast or order room service, the charge did not appear on the account so I had no problems.

Btw, I was staying on a bounceback rate of 170GBP/night so i think that rate came with breakfast.
Old Feb 15, 2001, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

(1) I do not know of any European Hilton, Conrad Hotels etc which will guarantee a nice "NONSMOKING" room. I personally really wish they did (actually the same policy is in effect for the USA). You can "request" but no guarantee will be actually be given.

(2) I checked in late and was bushed. I did not ask for and probably was not upgraded at the Hilton Green Park (HH Platinum did not appear on the reservation). My room was approx 18 ft x 14 ft, one comfy king bed and about 1/3 of that space being a huge bathroom. IMHO the room was larger than most European hotels. A full breakfast WAS included in my nice rate. It was excellent except the eggs were somewhat watery. No amenity was given or asked for.

(3) I have never received an amenity at the Hilton Kensington. The Metropole gives a small box of really nice yummy chocolates and the Conrad gives a nice big fruit basket.......both occurred only about 50% of the time.

(4) I probably have been the loudest voice on the Hilton board regarding missed, not-given, not-entitled-to upgrades, free breakfasts etc. Some really big strides have been made by Hilton, but it aint 100% by a long shot. I do not wish to claim any credit for it either. I gotta enough problems.

(5) I usually start my trip with six (6) printed copies of the HH T&C and return with 1-2 copies. , the rest being left with the various managers (for enlightenment) at the hotels. Please, everybody do this and maybe the promises will keep being forfilled in a more timely fashion.

(6) The rooms at the Green Park appear to stretch over about 4-6 adjoining buildings. I would bet they encompass a huge range of types and sizes.

MisterNice

*HH T&C

[This message has been edited by MisterNice (edited 02-15-2001).]
Old Feb 15, 2001, 8:13 am
DOC 2 BE

sorry

[This message has been edited by DOC 2 BE (edited 03-11-2001).]

Old Feb 15, 2001, 10:14 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
I had an awesome value rate at Metropole of 74.50 GBP, inc breakfast. And, as Gold, got terrific corner room upgrade, etc. HOWEVER, since value rate had to be paid in advance, I paid for one night on the phone which London did not receive and made me pay for again. That was October and I am still trying to get my refund, though Adam is helping. And I have every confidence in him. Problem was that the customer service dept moved recently from Dallas to TN and records are somewhere in space, evidently.
Old Feb 20, 2001, 4:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, LH Senator, Hyatt Diamond
Here is how my stay fared out:
Conrad London- First room smelled of dirty socks. Second room had balcony which when we stepped out on to, noticed the foul smell came from the nearby factories! But on the bed cover was a blood stain they had tried to wash out! Room change again. We went back down stairs and this time dealt with the Manager and also mentioned why the front desk clerk denied breakfast coupons for Hilton Gold HHonors.
We also asked for Monique but she is gone and the hotel gave us a whole spiel about Conrad is not like a Hilton, the rooms are suites to provide more room, etc. We brought along the Hilton terms but they didn't need to read as they were already well-rehearsed for their answer. Now here comes the best part, as Gold we were promised a Marina view when we return as none were available at the time. We return in the evening and find our room is 802, the Presidential Suite with private jacuzzi and sauna. Wow! They turned a potentially disastrous stay into a once in a lifetime event. The next morning we checked out as late as we could. Didn't try to go for breakfast and then argue about the receipts since we did get the best room in the house.

London Metropole
We were thinking that the room in London Metropole would not compare to last night's terrific experience. This hotel is a Hilton and they treat Gold very very well. Room was upgraded to new tower on 13th floor. Beds had excellent fluffy comforters. Executive lounge was very nice with extremely flexible hours and open bar. Location was superb as hotel was located across the street from the Underground.
Best part of stay- Gold get a gold mine of a breakfast buffet- made to order eggs, make your own cereal mix, and variety of regional specialities such as haggis and blood sausage!

The Verdict-
If I could get the Presidential Suite again at the Conrad, I would do it in a heartbeat. But for a standard room, the London Metropole gave me the feeling of a big US hotel with many amenities and catering very well to the business traveller. No complaints there except that there have been so many additions that rooms are not the same. It lacks some identity and has less charm than other London Hiltons.

------------------
"Fly me to the moon and let me earn alot of miles."
Old Feb 23, 2001, 8:39 am
Original Member

My husband stayed at the Metropole last weekend and had a good stay. We are Diamond and he was upgraded upon arrival to the Executive Floor (although he had booked a very cheap rate at 84 pounds a night with breakfast).
He enjoyed the Executive Lounge but said that they ran out of food one morning during breakfast (this was the morning there was a one hour wait for the hotel restaurant), and ran out of tea as well (in London?).
The pool was great but had a lot of unsupervised adults and children cannonballing into the pool.
Finally, his worst impressions was of the restaurant which was poorly managed, run and ALWAYS had a huge wait.
He gave many KUDOS to the Executive Lounge staff., and said the room was huge.
He also loved the area and its proximity to the tube.
Old Feb 23, 2001, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Spent last weekend in London as well. My stay was two nights at the Kensington in the Holland Park district, a hotel I have stayed at regularly over the past 20-years. I was on a value rate of 66L, which included buffet breakfast. I arrived early, but was still given an upgrade to the Executive Floor and a non-smoking room (I am Gold). Rooms here are not remarkable, but my was quite satisfactory and tucked along one of the quieter sides of the hotel. The Executive Lounge was quite busy each time I visited, but was able to find a quiet corner in which to read a newspaper and have a couple of brews. Ironically, they had no British ales available, just two American and one German lager! A weekend Travel Card for 6L made getting around London easy, with a major frequent bus route running right in front of the hotel.

Points for the stay posted yesterday, i.e. within three days of checking out on Monday afternoon. Interestingly, my stay in at the Hilton Park in MUC two weeks earlier only posted yesterday too. Having succumbed to all the hype about the Challenge, even though having earned Gold [the old fashioned way], prior to leaving I enrolled. My MUC stay was credited and my balance jumped by more than 20K points with this and the double/triple bonuses.
Old Feb 23, 2001, 12:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Yeah, I don't know what it is about the Munich Park Hilton, but my stay took just a bit over a month to post. Of course, when it did, bad da bing!, there was an extra 10K points on balance. ::shrug:::
Old Feb 28, 2001, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Best Hilton in London?

Everyone,

Taking my first trip to London in May, and just wondering which Hilton you would recommend there. I searched hilton.com, and 41 properties come up. What would you suggest for a semi-reasonable, good location room?

Thanks.
Old Feb 28, 2001, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Welcome. Try the search "button" in the upper right and type in London. I am sure you will benefit from the nearly two years of posts on almost every one of these Hiltons. Everyone has their favourite, so get ready for an evening of reading.
Old Mar 1, 2001, 10:47 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Following Hilton's takeover of Stakis 18 months ago all the ex-Stakis properties are branded as Hilton. The quality varies from proprty to property. The London Hilton is the original Hilton in London and is probably the most expensive.
Old Mar 1, 2001, 11:09 am

Programs: CO Plat*; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; SPG Gold
I'm trying to use points near the end of March. They told me I can only stay at the Heathrow aiport.

I'd sooner sleep on the streets. Any suggestions to inexpensive HHonors partners out there?

[This message has been edited by codystyle (edited 03-01-2001).]
Old Mar 28, 2001, 6:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, SK Diamond, Finnair Gold, BA Silver
Cheapest Hilton property in London?

What's generally the cheapest Hilton property in London. The selection is quite large.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.