Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ekozie
We are trying to collate a list of the websites that Hilton's Best Rate Guarantee team consider eligible for the BRG. Please update the following wiki with you successful/rejected BRG claims.

^Successful BRG claims have been made against:
muchoviaje.com - 26/09/2016
expedia.co.uk - 26/09/2016, Jan 2018
Expedia.com (US) - 18/09/2017
Expedia.ca - 1/20/18
happyrooms.com - 30/09/2016, 25/Jan/2017, 28/Jan/2017, 27/Feb/2017, 23/July/2017
hotelscombined.com - 17/Jan/2017
priceline.com (standard booking, not a bid or express booking)- 05/Oct/2016, 15/May/2017, 22/Apr/2018, 22/Oct/18, 25/Nov/18
prestigia.com - 24/Jan/2017
orbitz.com - Dec 2017
prestigia.com - Dec 2017, January 2018
nustay.com - Feb 2020

Unauthorised Sites for BRG Claim:
roomertravel.com - 16/09/2016
prestigia.com - 27/09/2016 - 'does not instantly confirm'
hoteltravel.com - August 2016 - " there have been discrepancies in the way the website has been displaying prices recently, and we are not satisfied that the website's processes are fair and transparent."
destinia.com - 29/09/2016 - 12 EUR Administration Fee for any cancellation vs Hilton Fully Flex
Travel.AmericaExpress.co.uk - 29/09/2016 Amex Card holders only
Bedfinder.com 6/8/17 - The third party site bedfinder.com is no longer considered to be valid
skoosh.com - denied 10//4/18

BRG claims on non-refundable rates are a gamble at best. Hilton can ask 3rd party sites to remove rates when they "sell unbundled wholesale rates", and screenshots are no longer sufficient proof. You will end up with the non-refundable rate booked, if the rate is gone when your claim is being reviewed.

On 18 November 2014 (see post #1261 of the archived thread), the HHonorsRepresentative listed 15 third-party websites that were 'no longer authorized to distribute our hotels’ static rates':
  • Alpharooms.com
  • Amoma.com
  • Cleartrip.com
  • Despegar
  • Elvoline
  • Galahotels
  • Hotelpronto.com
  • Jumbotours
  • LMT.com
  • Secretescapes
  • Simplytravel.de
  • TravelRepublic
  • Wego
  • Worldwideholidays.com.au

However, on 19 December 2014 (see post #3 of this thread), the HHonorsRepresentative announced a change of policy, stating that:
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Moving forward, we will approve claims from these sites as long as the offered rates meet the other BRG requirements we have in place, as we recognize that this is in the best interest of our members.

The Best Rate Guarantee exists so that our guests feel confident going to Hilton Worldwide channels to find the best rates that we offer. We strive for pricing accuracy in all our channels, and the BRG helps identify when that is not the case.
The HonorsRepresentative has not issued any subsequent statement suggesting another change of policy and a return to the previous 'blacklist'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the late 2014/2015 BRG thread - for the original thread please check here

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee, or BRG: The Definitive Thread

Thanks!

Squeakr
for the HH Mod Team of squeakr, Canarsie and Kiwi Flyer
--------
Print Wikipost

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2019, 1:20 pm

Just got two BRG matches. Conrad Singapore for 35% off and Conrad Bangkok for 65% off. However spent close to 2 hours on the phone. First lady said "Trip.com is saying it's completely sold out for these dates!" yeah right lady.

second lady straight up hung up on me.

I thought third lady was jerking me around as well because she took forever between each step (maybe she was). But she ultimately came through and matched both.

This is such a bad look for Hilton though. Why make your customers feel like you're scamming them?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 3:40 am

I had a claim rejected at the Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi on the basis that the booking was subject to the website taking my money from the cc and therefore the confirmation was not instant...

I emailed the hotel directly who agreed to match the price.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by psgfan12
I had a claim rejected at the Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi on the basis that the booking was subject to the website taking my money from the cc and therefore the confirmation was not instant...

I emailed the hotel directly who agreed to match the price.
So you only asked the hotel to match the rate, not to honor the PMG rate of 25% lower?
Old Sep 8, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum AMB, PrivilegeClub Gold
I booked a HH advanced purchase rate, found a cheaper rate online, called HH, they confirmed the rate difference and price match, but say they cannot override the price, because it's an advanced purchase rate. The T&C clearly states that the guest should book the lowest rate to be eligible for the Price Match Guarantee. What they did is put some notes in the reservation and asked me to call the hotel myself.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, StarAlliance Silver
Anyone get an approval using an App on smartphone as a 3rd part? Is it possible? The Agoda App show me a lower price then the website...
Old Sep 8, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by asia15
Anyone get an approval using an App on smartphone as a 3rd part? Is it possible? The Agoda App show me a lower price then the website...
Yes, mention on the comments you're on the app, what operating system you're using (e.g. Android, iPhone) and keep any screenshots in case they deny the claim.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 5:58 pm

Hi Hilton, I'm not stupid. Each time a CSR puts me on hold to "do some research" and is gone for 10+ minutes, it's obvious you're just ....ing with me. How long does it take to pull up a third party website and check a rate? It very obviously takes less than 5 minutes.

HUCA, might ask the next representative from the get go if they are going to .... with me

Edit:

5th time was the charm.

Last edited by alany611; Sep 11, 2019 at 9:20 pm
Old Sep 14, 2019, 11:12 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by alany611
5th time was the charm.
LOL you are more perseverant than me. See post #900 earlier in this thread, I stopped after 4 calls. Maybe one more and I was going to get my BRG approved
Old Sep 14, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Amoma.com has gone bust. RIP as they were a good source of BRGs for me in the past.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 3:56 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

It seems that at the moment the Price Match Guarantee online claim form does not send out automated emails acknowledging receipt of the online claim form (with a Guest Assistance reference number). I was a bit concerned when I did not receive an automated acknowledgement email after I submitted the online claim form, but upon checking with Hilton Guest Assistance I was told that my PMG claim had been received.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 4:25 am

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Originally Posted by paul00
It seems that at the moment the Price Match Guarantee online claim form does not send out automated emails acknowledging receipt of the online claim form (with a Guest Assistance reference number). I was a bit concerned when I did not receive an automated acknowledgement email after I submitted the online claim form, but upon checking with Hilton Guest Assistance I was told that my PMG claim had been received.
Yes, it's seems atm. You should received their reply within 24h. Otherwise, your claim shall be accepted without verification if they can't commit within specified time.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 7:59 am

I hate wasting time, but even more than that I hate the idea of someone pulling a fast one on me

I ended up telling the 4th and 5th phone rep from the get go "I've been hung up on, left on hold forever, and had a rep tell me there was miraculously no availability. So before we start I want to ask you directly if you are going to be willing to process a claim for me."

When the 4th one ended up giving some BS reason I told her she should have just hung up after 5 minutes and saved us both the time.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
After a successful BRG, what's the normal waiting time to have the new rate reflected at Hilton website?
Old Sep 19, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by dagangwood
After a successful BRG, what's the normal waiting time to have the new rate reflected at Hilton website?
I've actually had the re-confirmation email hit my box before the response to the PMG did.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 3:21 am

quick question, on the Hilton website the cancellation policy is 3 days prior to check in, but i am making a booking for tomorrow. Does that rate still consider as refundable rate or non refundable rate, since in essence I cant refund today or tomorrow at checkin?

Manage to find another rate that is 38% cheaper but non refundable rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.