Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ekozie
We are trying to collate a list of the websites that Hilton's Best Rate Guarantee team consider eligible for the BRG. Please update the following wiki with you successful/rejected BRG claims.

^Successful BRG claims have been made against:
muchoviaje.com - 26/09/2016
expedia.co.uk - 26/09/2016, Jan 2018
Expedia.com (US) - 18/09/2017
Expedia.ca - 1/20/18
happyrooms.com - 30/09/2016, 25/Jan/2017, 28/Jan/2017, 27/Feb/2017, 23/July/2017
hotelscombined.com - 17/Jan/2017
priceline.com (standard booking, not a bid or express booking)- 05/Oct/2016, 15/May/2017, 22/Apr/2018, 22/Oct/18, 25/Nov/18
prestigia.com - 24/Jan/2017
orbitz.com - Dec 2017
prestigia.com - Dec 2017, January 2018
nustay.com - Feb 2020

Unauthorised Sites for BRG Claim:
roomertravel.com - 16/09/2016
prestigia.com - 27/09/2016 - 'does not instantly confirm'
hoteltravel.com - August 2016 - " there have been discrepancies in the way the website has been displaying prices recently, and we are not satisfied that the website's processes are fair and transparent."
destinia.com - 29/09/2016 - 12 EUR Administration Fee for any cancellation vs Hilton Fully Flex
Travel.AmericaExpress.co.uk - 29/09/2016 Amex Card holders only
Bedfinder.com 6/8/17 - The third party site bedfinder.com is no longer considered to be valid
skoosh.com - denied 10//4/18

BRG claims on non-refundable rates are a gamble at best. Hilton can ask 3rd party sites to remove rates when they "sell unbundled wholesale rates", and screenshots are no longer sufficient proof. You will end up with the non-refundable rate booked, if the rate is gone when your claim is being reviewed.

On 18 November 2014 (see post #1261 of the archived thread), the HHonorsRepresentative listed 15 third-party websites that were 'no longer authorized to distribute our hotels’ static rates':
  • Alpharooms.com
  • Amoma.com
  • Cleartrip.com
  • Despegar
  • Elvoline
  • Galahotels
  • Hotelpronto.com
  • Jumbotours
  • LMT.com
  • Secretescapes
  • Simplytravel.de
  • TravelRepublic
  • Wego
  • Worldwideholidays.com.au

However, on 19 December 2014 (see post #3 of this thread), the HHonorsRepresentative announced a change of policy, stating that:
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Moving forward, we will approve claims from these sites as long as the offered rates meet the other BRG requirements we have in place, as we recognize that this is in the best interest of our members.

The Best Rate Guarantee exists so that our guests feel confident going to Hilton Worldwide channels to find the best rates that we offer. We strive for pricing accuracy in all our channels, and the BRG helps identify when that is not the case.
The HonorsRepresentative has not issued any subsequent statement suggesting another change of policy and a return to the previous 'blacklist'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the late 2014/2015 BRG thread - for the original thread please check here

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee, or BRG: The Definitive Thread

Thanks!

Squeakr
for the HH Mod Team of squeakr, Canarsie and Kiwi Flyer
--------
Print Wikipost

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by escape4
Sounds like you are confident that Corporate will honor this rate?
Why wouldn't I be? If OP has that in writing, he can even dispute it with his CC provider if things go south.
Old May 21, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Wow Hilton - didnt think it could be WORSE then IHG ... another call to reservations today (US agent) im being told they cannot price match advance purchase rates/non refundable....maybe im better off calling non us agents!

ended up finishing the call because, once we confirmed you can actually compare non refundable rates (duh) she then started to compare a room only rate vs a OTA breakfast rate (obviously cheaper) but because im diamond breakfast is included......... I am just dumbfounded...

Last edited by mitpat474; May 21, 2019 at 3:43 pm
Old May 21, 2019, 8:18 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by nacho
Why wouldn't I be? If OP has that in writing, he can even dispute it with his CC provider if things go south.
And Hilton will just answer back that they simply typed the currency wrong and subsequently fixed the mistake, it was 100 USD but instead they put down 100 THB and then they can show their calculations to support why it should have been 100 USD.

Disputing this with the CC provider is not a wise move, but that's just my opinion.
Old May 21, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by escape4
And Hilton will just answer back that they simply typed the currency wrong and subsequently fixed the mistake, it was 100 USD but instead they put down 100 THB and then they can show their calculations to support why it should have been 100 USD.

Disputing this with the CC provider is not a wise move, but that's just my opinion.
If it was a non-refundable rate then "OP" might be fine. I have been assured by multiple Hilton employees that under no circumstances can a non-refundable rate ever be changed or cancelled (with refund) once booked. Apparently no one in the company has the ability or authority to modify/cancel such a reservation. I got messed over on the same thing that happened to OP, however it worked very much in Hilton's favor (quoted in USD, but charged the same number in EUR). Once I saw the email with the wrong amount, I did call back to dispute it (with both a normal CS agent and a reservations supervisor) and was told there is nothing that can be done, by anyone!!! I did actually use the example of what happens if this was a USD to Baht error, where all of a sudden I was charged either $3 USD or $3,000 USD for what I thought would be a $100 USD room, and again was informed that such a reservation cannot be modified under any circumstances by anyone!

Keep us informed anyway OP
strickerj likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 6:30 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
If it was a non-refundable rate then "OP" might be fine.
Except that in this case if it was pre-paid, Hilton would not update the rate, Hilton would mail a USD check for the difference rather than settle this at check out of the hotel. So it does not work under this angle either.

I think it is highly unlikely OP will end up paying 100 THB, but if I am proven wrong then good for OP I guess. I just think expectations are way out of line to be so optimistic to end up getting the room almost for free in the stated circumstances.
Old May 25, 2019, 9:36 am

Do you need to book the lowest non refundable rate i.e Hilton honors sale price or can you book the sale price to compare against essentially do you need to compare against the member sale rate vs the normal sale rate. if so what if i do the brg as a non member and add my account number after?

Thanks
Old May 25, 2019, 2:13 pm

Finally! managed to secure a claim against Hilton Lake como on semi flex rate... 971 euro down to 701 euro in a king deluxe for 3 nights. As a data point the agents via email are 100% better then calling in.
dagangwood likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: HiltonHonor
I got BRG approved recently on a book at Conrad Koh Samui. Hilton representative Tracy responded very fast, I got the match and 25% without any trouble.

Price on Hilton: $517 (Early saver, non-refundable)
Price on trip.com: $340
final price: $250 after tax

Thank you Hilton!
Cat88L3 likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 1:58 pm
KRS

First attempt in a while, prompt response in 2 hours:

Hilton Brussels Grand Place, TWIN GUEST ROOM, 3 nights
Hilton Semi-Flex rate: 190.90 EUR
Competing rate: 123.33
New price: 92.50

cancelon via kayak
Old May 27, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by KRS
...[with]cancelon
Congrats, complete mistake, should not have been BRGd. Congrats (and maybe delete post)
Old May 27, 2019, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KRS

cancelon via kayak
Cancelon?!?! Wow, you just won the lottery...
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:18 pm
jtz

Attempted brg for Hilton garden inn Heathrow t2 hilton shows as 80 and agoda shows as 75.

I got a response back saying 'unfortunately the hotel listed will not be listed as part of hilton properties until July 1st. Unfortunately we cannot processed your claim until after July 1st.'

I booked a non refundable because I was going to stay there anyway. What I don't understand is I was able to book through hilton, so surely it should still qualify for brg?

any help with this?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 6:18 pm

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Deluxe Plus King Semi flex
Hilton rate MYR 464++
competing rate (Agoda) MYR 443++
final adjusted rate MYR 334++

Last edited by teo1991; Jun 10, 2019 at 9:16 am
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by teo1991
Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Deluxe Lakeview Semi flex
Hilton rate MYR 403 ++
competing rate (Agoda) MYR 394 ++
final adjusted rate MYR 295++
wow when was this ? isn't there a South Asia sale going on now to make the Hilton rates always lower ?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:16 pm

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Originally Posted by wantan
wow when was this ? isn't there a South Asia sale going on now to make the Hilton rates always lower ?
just booked last Saturday
yeah there is a sale but since I wanted to take a bet with BRG so I took the semi flex rate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.