FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1637820-consolidated-lifetime-diamond-experiences-questions-worth-thread.html)

ontherun Feb 11, 2015 8:34 am

Just received my email from Hilton granting Lifetime Diamond :-)

pr0digy25 Feb 11, 2015 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles (Post 24330156)
Surely these LT schemes are about incentivising qualifying forward stays not some spurious retrospective "reward" which may yield little value to the chain? By that measure this is something of a fail.

While the schemes now are essentially the same as a "current" elite member, I'm sure in time the LT benefits will be "enhanced uniquely" as the years go by.

docgasman Feb 11, 2015 8:36 am

E-Mail notification just received and showing online too:

Hi Peter,

You've been one of our most valued and elite members for years, so let me be the first to say thank you. We're excited to let you know that you have achieved Lifetime Diamond status, which we are awarding to select members who have met the following criteria*:

Achieved at least 10 years of Diamond status over the course of membership.

Completed stays totaling at least 1,000 paid nights.

You will be receiving your Lifetime Diamond membership card in the mail in the coming months. Please visit your member profile by February 15th to ensure your mailing address is up to date.

Thank you again for your commitment to Hilton HHonors™ and we hope you'll enjoy your future travels with us as a Lifetime Diamond member.

Warm regards,
Mark Weinstein
Global Head Loyalty & Partnerships

dshafiee Feb 11, 2015 8:40 am

Received an Email too..

Got the lifetime diamond email this morning. Wow. Very Cool.

One thing I did notice early on was when I looked at my Online card it did not have an expiration date in January . Don't know if it ever did, however.

Thanks Hilton!

mookie10 Feb 11, 2015 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Miesque (Post 24329686)
While I am not quite the whipper snapper you are (turned 43 today), I still have quite a few years before I retire which is when lifetime status is at least theoretically most useful. I can certainly see those who have earned Diamond for 10 years with nights in bed and are still short. 60 X 10 = 600 so unless you average 100 nights per year (which is a LOT and I salute those who do and even more every year).

I guess it all depends on how much Lifetime status means to you. I mean Hilton never had it before and while long term members grumbled an awful lot have still stuck with the program. For me it would be a nice feather in the cap, but I am staying enough nights to be Diamond and will for the foreseeable future.

+1 and Happy Birthday! :)

Deepd1ver7 Feb 11, 2015 8:57 am

I'd love to hear from Erin, if possible, why base points ($s spent) wasn't a consideration? 100 nights a year at $200 a night ( avg?) is $20k. There are people out there (guess what, like me ) who spend $15k at the Conrad Maldives every year for the last 6 years. If I add to that my 20 nights a year at European destinations (far more expensive than the US average , let's assume $350 a night) , puts me at about $22k per year. I get that nights in a bed is a real descriptor of loyalty, but surely spend is interesting too? There are plenty of other hotels in the Maldives I could spend my money with.

HHonors OUTSIDER Feb 11, 2015 9:05 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-us; LGL31L/V100 Build/KOT49I.L31L10d) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/30.0.1599.103 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by pr0digy25

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles (Post 24330156)
Surely these LT schemes are about incentivising qualifying forward stays not some spurious retrospective "reward" which may yield little value to the chain? By that measure this is something of a fail.

While the schemes now are essentially the same as a "current" elite member, I'm sure in time the LT benefits will be "enhanced uniquely" as the years go by.

Yes correct. The next enhancement will be a level above Diamond.

ExecPlatWife Feb 11, 2015 9:16 am

My husband also received his lifetime diamond email this morning. FWIW, he probably has roughly double the nights required to qualify.

tabasco-al Feb 11, 2015 9:17 am

I just rec'd the email today:
You've been one of our most valued and elite members for years, so let me be the first to say thank you. We're excited to let you know that you have achieved Lifetime Diamond status, which we are awarding to select members who have met the following criteria*:

• Achieved at least 10 years of Diamond status over the course of membership.

• Completed stays totaling at least 1,000 paid nights.

You will be receiving your Lifetime Diamond membership card in the mail in the coming months. Please visit your member profile by February 15th to ensure your mailing address is up to date.
regs,

.al.

smmrfld Feb 11, 2015 9:21 am

I think the requirements are fine...they prevent any gaming by mattress-hopping or any other means. Longevity as a Diamond and number of BIB nights are the correct metrics IMO.

ChicagoPlanesTrains Feb 11, 2015 9:22 am

Just received my "You have achieved Lifetime Diamond status" email. I was wondering if this was in the works as they gave me DIA status good for 3 years in 2014 even though I only stayed enough for Gold during 2013.

Now looks like I have the trifecta - Lifetime Platinum with Starwood, Lifetime Platinum with Marriott and now Lifetime Diamond.

ExecPlatWife Feb 11, 2015 9:23 am

Just received DH's lifetime diamond notification. The E-mail content:

ENJOY DIAMOND BENEFITS
FOR A LIFETIME

Hi <NAME>,

• Achieved at least 10 years of Diamond status over the course of membership.
• Completed stays totaling at least 1,000 paid nights.

Thank you again for your commitment to Hilton HHonors™ and we hope you'll enjoy your future travels with us as a Lifetime Diamond member.
He's got ~15 years at 150-200 nights per, so he's somewhere between double and triple the 1,000-night requirement.

ZenWorld Feb 11, 2015 10:01 am

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative (Post 24329901)

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights

Thanks,
Erin

Dear Erin,

May I check if Award Nights using Points and Rooms redeemed with Points and Money count towards the 1000 nights for Lifetime Diamond Status requirement?

48pager Feb 11, 2015 10:02 am

Got it! As a Diamond member since the introduction of the Diamond tier for the last 22 consecutive years, this is a welcome reward. Kudos to Hilton for getting this one right.

KenTarmac Feb 11, 2015 10:14 am

Got my Lifetime Diamond member email today. ^