FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1637820-consolidated-lifetime-diamond-experiences-questions-worth-thread.html)

StayingHomeIsBetter Feb 11, 2015 10:37 am

Just called the Diamond desk to check my stats... they have not yet been given a way of making that info available.

Agent said she would forward a request and I would be e-mailed the information.

drwillis61 Feb 11, 2015 10:43 am

Lifetime Diamond Status will be offered to HHonors members who met both of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
Have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (Don’t have to be consecutive)
Have completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights

If you’re shy of these marks and hit them in the middle of the year, your Lifetime Diamond Status will start at the beginning of the following year.

Read more: http://thepointsguy.com/2015/02/hilt...#ixzz3RSYJXLJC
Follow us: @thepointsguy on Twitter | thepointsguy on Facebook

Hilton Honors Ambassador Feb 11, 2015 11:16 am

Originally Posted by ZenWorld (Post 24331417)
Dear Erin,

May I check if Award Nights using Points and Rooms redeemed with Points and Money count towards the 1000 nights for Lifetime Diamond Status requirement?

Hi there,

Thanks for the question! All stays must be paid stays to be eligible for Lifetime Diamond Status - stays booked with Points are not eligible.

Cheers,
Erin

Tomphot Feb 11, 2015 11:25 am

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter (Post 24331727)
Just called the Diamond desk to check my stats... they have not yet been given a way of making that info available.

Agent said she would forward a request and I would be e-mailed the information.

I Just did the same thing and she read it to me in 10 seconds.
Apparently I'm too loyal to get 100,000 points - not loyal enough to get lifetime.
910 nights and well over 10 years as a Diamond

pdx1M Feb 11, 2015 11:30 am

1000 nights does seem a bit high. It would have been nice for there have been a stay hurdle as an alternative. As someone who was diamond for a dozen or more years mainly on stays - typically 1 nighters in expensive city downtown hotels - this seems to miss a sizable set of deserving folks. I did drop an email to HH and had a response within an hour with my numbers. Not surprisingly my stays aren't all that different from my nights given my travel pattern. As someone now retired and traveling for leisure I don't see getting to 1000 nights so I guess this isn't relevant to me although I have been a legacy diamond of some sort that retained diamond status beyond when I was explicitly earning it so I don't know how that plays into this.

little_dc Feb 11, 2015 11:32 am

deleted

ironmanjay Feb 11, 2015 11:35 am

These two promos - Lifetime diamond and 100K pt promos are going to leave a lot of bad taste in several diamond members.

Its reminds me of UA with their GS product which shafted their 1K flyers and remained elusive to most of them.

DevilDawg1960 Feb 11, 2015 11:36 am

Complete incompetence at the Diamond Desk.

Called and asked about my number of paid nights and the first person I talked to insisted that it was 1000 total nights and it did not matter if they were paid or not. I tried to explain that his was not right and she would not budge.

Asked for a supervisor and was then told they cannot figure out how many nights of paid stays. I was told that they would have to send me a printout of all my stays and I would need to count the ones that had points next to them to figure out how many were paid instead of reward. When I told her this was absurd, she put me on hold for over five minutes and finally came back to say that she would have to create a case and that I would hear back in 7 to 10 business days.

Way to go Hilton!

pdx1M Feb 11, 2015 11:38 am

Originally Posted by DevilDawg1960 (Post 24332263)
Complete incompetence at the Diamond Desk.

Called and asked about my number of paid nights and the first person I talked to insisted that it was 1000 total nights and it did not matter if they were paid or not. I tried to explain that his was not right and she would not budge.

Asked for a supervisor and was then told they cannot figure out how many nights of paid stays I have that they would have to send me a printout of all my stays and I would need to count the ones that had points next to them to figure out how many were paid instead of reward. When I told her this was absurd, she put me on hold for over five minutes and finally came back to say that she would have to create a case and that I would hear back in 7 to 10 business days.

Way to go Hilton!

Odd - I just dropped an email to the HH contact address from the website and got a polite answer within an hour. Try that route - perhaps those folks have gotten trained on things first.

little_dc Feb 11, 2015 11:42 am

Originally Posted by ironmanjay (Post 24332249)
These two promos - Lifetime diamond and 100K pt promos are going to leave a lot of bad taste in several diamond members.

Its reminds me of UA with their GS product which shafted their 1K flyers and remained elusive to most of them.

I just sent an email off to Mark Weinstein - Hilton Worldwide's Global Head of Loyalty and Partnerships and described that bad taste to him in graphic detail.

I quoted him from this 2013 article, "Benefits must be relevant", Hilton’s Weinstein said. "They must also show a loyalty from the company to the member, and not vice versa, he said." - Well said Mark, now just practice what you preach.

vatali Feb 11, 2015 12:03 pm

I have more than 1k nights, but only 5 years diamond. le sigh. I'm working on it, i'm working on it. :)

at least I did get the 100k pts. promo.

busyroadwarrior Feb 11, 2015 12:25 pm

Lifetime Diamond

I received an email this morning informing me of lifetime status. It's nice recognition, but I was somewhat hoping there would be some additional benefits going along with it.

I am a VERY loyal Hilton guest, but my only concern is when traveling on vacation with my wife and two boys that at many properties we only receive two breakfasts just like a Gold level does. Frankly it's not only a little frustrating, but also rubs me up when I see the huge number of Gold level members getting the same thing as a Diamond and now even a Lifetime Diamond.

Other than that, I am very happy at how Hilton treat me and will continue to be a loyal customer for many more years to come.

agehall Feb 11, 2015 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by ExecPlatWife (Post 24330994)
My husband also received his lifetime diamond email this morning. FWIW, he probably has roughly double the nights required to qualify.

You don't see him much, do you? :)

prushing Feb 11, 2015 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by pdx1M (Post 24332285)
Odd - I just dropped an email to the HH contact address from the website and got a polite answer within an hour. Try that route - perhaps those folks have gotten trained on things first.

Hopefully I get a response from them.

I think I'm at 9 years and 900+ nights, so this year should put me over the hump.

sdsearch Feb 11, 2015 12:50 pm

is it really paid nights or is it elite qualifying nights???

Have they really kept track of paid nights vs elite qualifying nights all these years? It seems surprising if this is accurate that you need 1000 paid nights, as opposed to 1000 elite qualifying nights (which at Hilton include award nights), since the elite qualifying nights seems to be the only visible counter they've kept to date.

And the definition of "paid" needs clarification, even if accurate, because does it include points + cash stays or not? (How that works for a promo is not necesarily guarnateed to be the same as how that works for lifetime status.)