FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1637820-consolidated-lifetime-diamond-experiences-questions-worth-thread.html)

MrHilton Feb 11, 2015 6:16 am

Not what I expected ...

Since I mostly qualify on base points (200K base points at least/year) a 1000 nights is a lot.

Had only 455 nights sinds 2006.

Thank god I am only 26, so I still have some time to maybe once get the diamond for life status .. :o

arlflyer Feb 11, 2015 6:29 am

Originally Posted by MrHilton (Post 24329569)
Not what I expected ...

Since I mostly qualify on base points (200K base points at least/year) a 1000 nights is a lot.

Had only 455 nights sinds 2006.

Thank god I am only 26, so I still have some time to maybe once get the diamond for life status .. :o

Seems pretty reasonable to me...you get it by the time you're 34 and get 50+ years out of it!

Miesque Feb 11, 2015 6:34 am

Originally Posted by MrHilton (Post 24329569)

While I am not quite the whipper snapper you are (turned 43 today), I still have quite a few years before I retire which is when lifetime status is at least theoretically most useful. I can certainly see those who have earned Diamond for 10 years with nights in bed and are still short. 60 X 10 = 600 so unless you average 100 nights per year (which is a LOT and I salute those who do and even more every year).

I guess it all depends on how much Lifetime status means to you. I mean Hilton never had it before and while long term members grumbled an awful lot have still stuck with the program. For me it would be a nice feather in the cap, but I am staying enough nights to be Diamond and will for the foreseeable future.

Michael19887 Feb 11, 2015 6:44 am

This is beyond what I expected and completely out of whack with the competition. I was expecting 10 years but was thinking it would be 600 nights (for logical reasons...). Thus, placing them nicely between SPG and Marriott's requirements. That requirement is so far out of left field and not even close to the competition. I'm interested to see what added benefits will come with the status, especially considering the stakes are so high.

Gold39 Feb 11, 2015 6:53 am

As usual Hilton opens the door....and then slams it in your face.

treppenlaeufer Feb 11, 2015 6:58 am

[QUOTE=Miesque;24329686](turned 43 today)

Happy birthday Miesque! :cool:

Hilton Honors Ambassador Feb 11, 2015 7:15 am

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As we’re in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. We’re here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin

arlflyer Feb 11, 2015 7:28 am

Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer (Post 24329796)
Happy birthday Miesque! :cool:

Seconded!

stewlevine Feb 11, 2015 7:32 am

Interesting. I have not received an email yet, but my account is now showing that I have qualified - no indication of number of nights I have stayed over the years either.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6986586/hhonors.bmp

pragakhan Feb 11, 2015 7:33 am

Ok, how do we see how many nights we have stayed? Maybe I am 4 or 5 years away?

Miesque Feb 11, 2015 7:35 am

Thank you, treppenlaeufer and arlflyer. :)

BlondeBomber Feb 11, 2015 7:45 am

well other than no stay or points level it is what I thought so not disappointed

My quote from other thread: "well since we are all guessing, my bet is that it will be in the order of 500 stays or 1000 nights or 1 million earned points (with a minimum 10 years as Diamond)."

Still a few nights for me!

Land-of-Miles Feb 11, 2015 7:50 am

Originally Posted by RAPC (Post 24328738)
I'm nowhere near lifetime Diamond on that criteria, but based upon a number of FTers who are real HH road warriors, with 100+ nights a year and a long history of loyalty, it will reward at this time, exactly the sort of people that Hilton want to reward. This is about rewarding those who have been loyal for years on this criteria.

It probably won't make those of us qualifying via stays or spend push on for lifetime status as it may be far out of reach to be motivating, but it may well be that HH are aiming to reward the real frequent stayers.

For those FTers who have qualified over the years and spent almost 3 years in a HH family hotel, I salute you and your lifetime status when you get it. You have earned it.

Surely these LT schemes are about incentivising qualifying forward stays not some spurious retrospective "reward" which may yield little value to the chain? By that measure this is something of a fail.

jefftiger Feb 11, 2015 7:54 am

It will be very nice if the HHonors website would actually display one's progress towards both of these criteria. I know how many total nights I have, which isn't too distant from 1000. But, if it's indeed "paid" nights, then I'm probably another 75-100 nights short. And, I still have another 2-3 years to go before I hit 10 years as Diamond. Oh well, I didn't qualify for the recent Diamond promo and now find that I'm some distance from lifetime Diamond, assuming that the criteria don't get more onerous over time.

Phil the Flyer Feb 11, 2015 8:03 am

Mods,

Any chance the other thread currently running:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...what-joke.html

could be merged with this one, rather than having two parallel threads about essentially the same subject?