FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1637820-consolidated-lifetime-diamond-experiences-questions-worth-thread.html)

chix Feb 13, 2017 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by jmd001 (Post 26116589)
FYI. In an email I received today, a/the (?) "Lifetime Diamond Senior Analyst" responded with the following to my question of "Why can't the number of years as Diamond and the number of paid nights be displayed when one signs into their online account ... like Marriott?":

"I can confirm that we are working on the Lifetime Diamond online status bar and hope to have it up and running by the end of March 2016. "

Oh my, a year later than promised and still no status bar for LTD?

smmrfld Feb 13, 2017 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by chix (Post 27906035)
Does anyone know how long the system will take to trigger lifetime diamond status and what the current gifts are?

I hit 1000 nights last week.... 20 year diamond. Thanks

The sweep has been December 31 with LD status awarded the following April for the past two years. If this still holds true, you'll be LD in April 2018. YMMV tho.

pauleeepaul Feb 14, 2017 4:36 am

Does anyone know how long the system will take to trigger lifetime diamond status and what the current gifts are?

Call/email/chat with HH and ask for an LT Diamond review to spark the process.

Tomphot Feb 14, 2017 6:18 am

On 12/27/16 - I was sent this email.....
>>Congratulations!

Your account has met the requirements for Lifetime Diamond status and will be updated to reflect that status during our requalification process in early 2017. Your Lifetime Diamond card and welcome kit will be issued in April/May 2017.

We thank you for your many years of loyalty with us. We look forward to continuing to welcoming you back to Hilton for many, many years to come.<<

My account has not yet been updated on line, not that it matters.

chix Feb 14, 2017 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul (Post 27906908)
Call/email/chat with HH and ask for an LT Diamond review to spark the process.

Thanks. I called the DD and the response was that they are "in the midst of a massive program overhaul" and that they would "reach out to me approximately April 1st when the complete revamp has been completed".

I was told that I achieved the requirement, but now they just have to go through their restructuring.

mrow Feb 14, 2017 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by chix (Post 27909436)
Thanks. I called the DD and the response was that they are "in the midst of a massive program overhaul" and that they would "reach out to me approximately April 1st when the complete revamp has been completed".

I was told that I achieved the requirement, but now they just have to go through their restructuring.

That's a pretty big customer service failure! Clearly they're not overly worried what loyal and repeat customers think!

prushing Feb 14, 2017 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by chix (Post 27909436)

Mine just updated some time this afternoon. I got the email end of the year and today it now shows lifetime.

Tomphot Feb 15, 2017 6:11 am

Originally Posted by prushing (Post 27910864)
Mine just updated some time this afternoon. I got the email end of the year and today it now shows lifetime.

Checked my account this morning and it's been updated with lifetime as well.

HawkeyeFlyer Feb 15, 2017 4:16 pm

What is the gift that the send

HawkeyeFlyer Feb 15, 2017 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer (Post 26394034)
I would take 80K points over a $100 gift card any day..:p

+1

Tomphot Feb 15, 2017 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer (Post 27914632)
What is the gift that the send

Not sure, in the past it was headphones. I was sent an email today to confirm my address. Guess we'll find out April/May

Norri Feb 16, 2017 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Tomphot (Post 27911930)
Checked my account this morning and it's been updated with lifetime as well.

Same thing with mine too.

Chang11 Feb 16, 2017 8:34 pm

20 year (consecutive years, I assume) is quite a feat in it self. Congratulations!

You should have appealed to the Diamond Desk say at 950 stays. I think they would have awarded your years loyalty then.

chix Feb 17, 2017 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Chang11 (Post 27920276)
20 year (consecutive years, I assume) is quite a feat in it self. Congratulations!

You should have appealed to the Diamond Desk say at 950 stays. I think they would have awarded your years loyalty then.

Thanks. Really nothing to appeal as I would have hit this year anyway as regular diamond, especially since their IT systems really can't handle change.

In other words, I am not really sure that there will be much difference between Diamond & Lifetime Diamond except that the property will see LT on their screen if they choose to look at it.

If anyone else has anything different to report as far as LT treatment, I would be curious to know.

HawkeyeFlyer Mar 11, 2017 4:21 pm

Lifetime Diamond impact on Hilton Surpass card

I recently received my Lifetime Diamond status with Hilton. My travel is going to slow down considerably over the next few years. One of the benefits of the Surpass card was earning Diamond at $40k in annual spend.
We do love staying at Hilton properties, specifically the Grand Wailea and The Biltmore so using points is never an issue.

I currently run around $90,000 annually on my Surpass and I never carry a balance. Last year $28k was on restaurants and $15k was on Travel.

I plan to keep the card for my Hilton stays in particular as the 12 points per $1 are pretty solid.
My question is would I be better to use my Chase Sapphire Reserve or another card for the remaining spend.