Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davie355
HHonors Sign In (if the link has disappeared)

https://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/customer/login/index.htm
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2022, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
The exciting unpredictability of Bonv°y!

Originally Posted by hotscot
Solely because of their stupid captcha.
I've just went through six screens of buses, boats, traffic lights, crosswalks.
Enough!
Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
So they didn't captcha your business Sorry, couldn't resist.
Originally Posted by dstac
Anyone else having problems where completing the captcha clears the login credentials? (After re-entering login credentials, it tells me I didn't do the captcha despite the box being checked... and it starts all over again.) This is on the website tried w/ Chrome and Edge.
Marriott Bonv°y information technology (IT) is doing their best to captcha our imagination, anticipation, and sense of unpredictable adventure. 🤠

Beaucoup Bonv°y!

Oops, wrong chain.

Thank you, Hilton Honors, for keeping up with the competition.

And keeping our accounts secure.
MichaelA380 likes this.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Apr 12, 2022 at 11:07 pm
Old May 22, 2022, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Hilton Captcha Inconsistency

There are days that no matter how many times I go through the captcha, I can't seem to succeed in getting into my account on my laptop. I know I solved it successfully, but the system is just too inconsistent. It's such a pain that sometimes it's easier to manage my account through the app. The audio solution doesn't work well as the words are not clear. Am I the only one that suffers from this? This is so annoying, and I hope Hilton will address this soon!
Old May 22, 2022, 11:12 am

Agreed that there are some days where it appears that I apparently have forgotten what a stoplight / bicycle / etc. looks like. And other days, I don't have to do anything at all to log in. One would think they could use some sort of data to corroborate what is "regular" activity (e.g. known device, IP, etc.) and maybe tone it down a bit, but the security seems to be entirely random from what I can tell.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Agreed that there are some days where it appears that I apparently have forgotten what a stoplight / bicycle / etc. looks like. And other days, I don't have to do anything at all to log in. One would think they could use some sort of data to corroborate what is "regular" activity (e.g. known device, IP, etc.) and maybe tone it down a bit, but the security seems to be entirely random from what I can tell.
Yep. That's what happened to me yesterday. I was effectively locked out of my account through my laptop. So I was forced to use the app on my phone.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
It is consistently inconsistent.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 4:16 pm

What's the best is captcha with picture is actually us training their AI to recognize objects. They long ago solved how to identity bots vs humans without these stupid pictures.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 7:59 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
"Please complete the reCAPTCHA" over and over again on the contact support web form.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.