Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors: Double points in 2013 Q1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors: Double points in 2013 Q1

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2012, 4:53 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond, spg gold, mileage plus 1K, a nobody with delta skymiles
i signed up using the link posted here. i remember signing up for the qtrly promos this past year using the links posted here by helpful posters. it makes me wonder if hilton would have notified me before the start of the promo period if i didnt see the link first. is hhonors leaving it up to its loyal members to find out about the promos on their own or they lose out? i think hilton should give its hhonors members proper notice ( i.e. at least 2-3 weeks before start of promo period) so they can make appropriate plans where to stay.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA, Delta,SW, UA
Thanks I was able to register with no problems
Old Dec 29, 2012, 9:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by more4less
Originally Posted by Putra
If I bought an Any weekend rates, I will miss this promo, rite?
Hi,

AFAIK Any weekend rates also qualify for this promo.
Hi,

How about every 2 nights above will consider 2 stay thingy?
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2
462 non participating properties.

So, here's what one should do if they are interested to maximize the points earnings and no Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites or Home2 suites brands.

1. Folio less than $200 - Double Miles and VS as your DD Fixed Partner
2. Folio $200 to $400 - Double Points and VS as your DD Fixed Partner
3. Folio over $400 - Double Points and Points & Points
So after reading everything I just want to make sure I am following this correctly. (I have always picked double points in the past)

I have about 12 one night stays coming up, most of them in HGI, one Doubletree and one Hampton Inn. (Hotels cannot be changed as they are were I do conferences at) All are about $99 rates. I am better off choosing Double Miles and VS as my DD Fixed Partner. I am gold. Then after the promo transferring VS miles to HH.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:06 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by ljknecht570
So after reading everything I just want to make sure I am following this correctly. (I have always picked double points in the past)

I have about 12 one night stays coming up, most of them in HGI, one Doubletree and one Hampton Inn. (Hotels cannot be changed as they are were I do conferences at) All are about $99 rates. I am better off choosing Double Miles and VS as my DD Fixed Partner. I am gold. Then after the promo transferring VS miles to HH.
Yup, with double points you would earn ~12k HHonors points from the promotion and ~6k points from having your preferences set to points and points. With Double Miles you'll earn 22400 VS points which you can transfer back to HHonors for 44800 points.

I've always picked double points as well, had no idea until the recent 15K bonus miles for 5 stays with VS promo that that was the way to go.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 1:46 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Be sure to take a close look at the colossal list of non-participating properties before counting your chickens

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/promot...ng-hotels.html
Old Dec 30, 2012, 6:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors-Diamond, Marriott-Silver, SPG-Gold
Thanks for the heads up. Successfully registered for the promo!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 7:38 am
NCL

Programs: HH Diamond, BA blue, Virgin flying club silver, Skywards silver, SPG Platinum, Marriott silver.
Typical! Reading the T&C`s from the OP`s link. The promo period for this offer doesn`t start until January 7th 2013, and my forthcoming stays are 2nd 3rd 4th 5th and 6th (paid) and 7th 8th 9th and 10th (points redemption) I couldn`t have planned it any more wrong if I`d tried!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: WN A+, DL nobody, HH Dia, National EE
Thanks!!!! This works out with my california trip!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by IggySD
Yup, with double points you would earn ~12k HHonors points from the promotion and ~6k points from having your preferences set to points and points. With Double Miles you'll earn 22400 VS points which you can transfer back to HHonors for 44800 points.

I've always picked double points as well, had no idea until the recent 15K bonus miles for 5 stays with VS promo that that was the way to go.
Is there a link to the 15k bonus. The only one I found expires in a few days
Old Dec 30, 2012, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by harryhv
Be sure to take a close look at the colossal list of non-participating properties before counting your chickens

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/promot...ng-hotels.html
All of my hotels are participating. Lucky me
Old Dec 30, 2012, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NCL
Typical! Reading the T&C`s from the OP`s link. The promo period for this offer doesn`t start until January 7th 2013, and my forthcoming stays are 2nd 3rd 4th 5th and 6th (paid) and 7th 8th 9th and 10th (points redemption) I couldn`t have planned it any more wrong if I`d tried!
Many HH properties are 50% off through 1/7/13. Not unreasonable for HH not to offer 2 promos simultaneously.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
I just moved an expensive stay between two Las Vegas HGI's because the one I originally booked at is on the opt-out list.

I want to tell the GM of this property about this... any suggestions of the best way to find an email address? (I already asked hhonors customer service, but is there an easier way?)
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by ljknecht570
Is there a link to the 15k bonus. The only one I found expires in a few days
That's the only one I know of, it helped make up for the sad Q4 promo.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Southwest A-list Preferred, Delta Million Miler
Originally Posted by pocahontas
i signed up using the link posted here. i remember signing up for the qtrly promos this past year using the links posted here by helpful posters. it makes me wonder if hilton would have notified me before the start of the promo period if i didnt see the link first. is hhonors leaving it up to its loyal members to find out about the promos on their own or they lose out? i think hilton should give its hhonors members proper notice ( i.e. at least 2-3 weeks before start of promo period) so they can make appropriate plans where to stay.
As a long time Diamond with 164 nights this year, I never received an email from Hilton regarding this promo. I learned about the double points offer from this board and registered from the link provided. I am signed up to receive email from Hhonors, so not sure why they didn't inform me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.