Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors: Double points in 2013 Q1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors: Double points in 2013 Q1

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec Elite, Avis President's Club
Thanks! I wonder when the official email will go out?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat Hyatt Globalist Marriott Platinum
Brutal list of non-participating properties.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by diver858
Substantial list of non-participating properties

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/promot...ng-hotels.html
Great, every property that I might think to stay at this quarter is non-participating. So it's basically no promo at all from my viewpoint!

Good thing there's a Hilton Reserve card, because with not-really promos like this, I'm not likely to get very many Hilton stays in this year.

(There's plenty of other hotel programs that have promos going on that don't have hotels opting out.)
Old Dec 21, 2012, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Aleq
Hi Everybody,
I was experimenting with the URLs of the old promotions and discovered a new one valid for 2013/Q1 :-)

Double your hhonors (point or miles)
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/Q12013

Merry Christmas everybody,
A.
Nice find, Aleq. Thanks!

Last edited by Thunderroad; Dec 21, 2012 at 4:09 pm
Old Dec 21, 2012, 3:40 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
One of my favorite places also has started opting out of promos. Last May I would stay and get the promos. They also raised their best rate 20% and are now out of range of what my client will pay. I tried to negotiate with them but not interested.

So, I posted a review on TripAdvisor, giving an honest good review of the property but called out boldly that they do NOT participate in the promos and that HHonors members should take careful note before booking. They have a great review record but when people see this I am hoping they think twice about their regular opt-out policy. Consider doing the same for your favorite property. In this age of social media they need to know they can't get away of being sneaky like that and hide in the fine print. Would they put a sign on their front door saying "we don't do promos!" ? no... we need to put up that sign.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 3:50 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dmodemd
So, I posted a review on TripAdvisor, giving an honest good review of the property but called out boldly that they do NOT participate in the promos and that HHonors members should take careful note before booking. They have a great review record but when people see this I am hoping they think twice about their regular opt-out policy. Consider doing the same for your favorite property. In this age of social media they need to know they can't get away of being sneaky like that and hide in the fine print. Would they put a sign on their front door saying "we don't do promos!" ? no... we need to put up that sign.
Why? Are promotions offered one of the qualities that we are supposed to look at when we stay at a hotel? I do not remember it on the TA checklist. Furthermore, should I rate Four Seasons or Mandarin Oriental down because they don't offer a mileage promotion? Why stop there? I think every hotel should offer a free night after two stays. If not, then I should complain on TA, right? We should be grateful and thankful there are promotions at all.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
I have a question about this. in the FAQs it says

Do I have to change my Double Dip® Earnings Style Option in my HHonors account in order to receive Double Points for this promotion?

No. However, to maximize the number of points you can earn during the promotion, selecting HHonors Points and HHonors Points would be best.
This sounds like if you select Points+Points you'll get even more points than normal, but I think the reality is that you only get 25 ppd (10, doubled, plus the 5 extra for selecting p+p), not 30 ppd (10 plus 5 for p+p, doubled), right?

So the statement after "However,..." is generically true for anyone selecting p+p, irrespective of the promo.

I would have written "since points are only doubled on the base points, selecting points, miles, or variable miles is up to your preference."

Thoughts?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: HHonors, Marriott Rewards, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by orca15
This sounds like if you select Points+Points you'll get even more points than normal, but I think the reality is that you only get 25 ppd (10, doubled, plus the 5 extra for selecting p+p), not 30 ppd (10 plus 5 for p+p, doubled), right?

So the statement after "However,..." is generically true for anyone selecting p+p, irrespective of the promo.

I would have written "since points are only doubled on the base points, selecting points, miles, or variable miles is up to your preference."

Thoughts?
I think their thinking was, "if you're going to choose double points, you may as well choose Points + Points as your earning preference so you can get to whatever point target you're aiming at."

But you are correct in saying that only the base points are doubled.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 5:58 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Aleq
Hi Everybody,
I was experimenting with the URLs of the old promotions and discovered a new one valid for 2013/Q1 :-)

Double your hhonors (point or miles)
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/Q12013

Merry Christmas everybody,
A.
All signed up-thank you ^
Old Dec 21, 2012, 6:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SGC Gold, IHG Plat, Delta Diamond, Cont Gold, US Air Chairmans
Thanks! I was making January reservations at Hyatt when I came across this post. All Hilton now.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Check the list of non-participants like:

Waltham, MA Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham.

Spock Seat
Old Dec 21, 2012, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Spock Seat
Check the list of non-participants like:

Waltham, MA Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham.

Spock Seat
Have you tried the ES that's 1/2 a mile away? (It's a promo-eligible property.)
Old Dec 21, 2012, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by c_alt24
Brutal list of non-participating properties.
462 non participating properties.

Originally Posted by JJJJust
I think their thinking was, "if you're going to choose double points, you may as well choose Points + Points as your earning preference so you can get to whatever point target you're aiming at."

But you are correct in saying that only the base points are doubled.
So, here's what one should do if they are interested to maximize the points earnings and no Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites or Home2 suites brands.

1. Folio less than $200 - Double Miles and VS as your DD Fixed Partner
2. Folio $200 to $400 - Double Points and VS as your DD Fixed Partner
3. Folio over $400 - Double Points and Points & Points
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:51 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
nice find OP!

is it just me, or does this non-participating list seem to get larger each time... honestly, it could just be me thinking that things were always better a few years ago, but wow... big list
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by holtju2
462 non participating properties.

So, here's what one should do if they are interested to maximize the points earnings and no Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites or Home2 suites brands.

1. Folio less than $200 - Double Miles and VS as your DD Fixed Partner
2. Folio $200 to $400 - Double Points and VS as your DD Fixed Partner
3. Folio over $400 - Double Points and Points & Points
Why VS over HA - both redeem 2HH points for 1 mile...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.