Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors: Double points in 2013 Q1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors: Double points in 2013 Q1

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2013, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by charlottebusinesstraveler
I am fed up with Hilton Honors. I like the free rooms, but to get Diamond they now want 30 stays or 60 nights. For what? When was the last time you got an upgrade? All I ever get, if they remember is a free bottle of water and a package of cookies.
I got an upgrade from a standard king to 1-bedroom spa suite on New Year's Eve at theWit, a Doubletree Hotel, in Chicago. The suite had a large fridge, microwave, dining table, and a huge soaking tub with a separate living room on the 25th floor. And I'm just a Gold member. Who needs Diamond status?
Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
The site is up and working again. I was finally able to register.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by charlottebusinesstraveler
I am fed up with Hilton Honors. I like the free rooms, but to get Diamond they now want 30 stays or 60 nights. For what? When was the last time you got an upgrade? All I ever get, if they remember is a free bottle of water and a package of cookies.
Getting a phenomenal upgrade now at the Hilton Orlando:
Booked 2 Queens (for $75 MVP rate) and 1 King (for $99 Weekend Advantage to include parking and resort fees). What I get: upgrade to executive level privileges and additional upgrade to 1 Bedroom Hospitality Suite so it is basically a two bedroom / 3 bathroom apartment with guaranteed executive lounge privileges. If paid separately no status would pay $930 nightly. That's one of many examples of why I enjoy Diamond status.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Glad to see the glass is half full.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 7:28 am

As I just registred, I assume I won't be credited with any points for my stays Jan 1st to Jan 4th?
Old Jan 4, 2013, 8:43 am

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by Napapijri
As I just registred, I assume I won't be credited with any points for my stays Jan 1st to Jan 4th?
Or more importantly, since those dates are specifically excluded from the promo..

tb
Old Jan 4, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Napapijri
And neither will anyone else if you mean promo bonuses . Promo kicks in on 7th.

Or do you mean you only just registered for HH itself? if so then you can retro credit the base points.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 10:27 am

Programs: DL PM & Kryptonium, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by more4less
+1

and thanks to the OP!
I don't ever recall getting e-mails from Hilton regarding their promos. I've been Diamond with them for years. I learn about the promotions here on FT.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
And neither will anyone else if you mean promo bonuses . Promo kicks in on 7th.

Or do you mean you only just registered for HH itself? if so then you can retro credit the base points.
My bad, did not read through the terms
Old Jan 4, 2013, 5:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rayraf
I don't ever recall getting e-mails from Hilton regarding their promos. I've been Diamond with them for years. I learn about the promotions here on FT.
I have been Diamond for 10 years have 2 million points and have never received a promo e-mail. Where is the love
Old Jan 4, 2013, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by rayraf

Originally Posted by san888
I have been Diamond for 10 years have 2 million points and have never received a promo e-mail. Where is the love
Is your account setting set to not receive emails?
If you have it set to receive nothing, and never receive info. at all, this may be your problem.

You can check your account preferences and if you can't find them, just call them and ask hhonors to do it for you.^
Old Jan 4, 2013, 6:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
"

Originally Posted by shoreline
Is your account setting set to not receive emails?
If you have it set to receive nothing, and never receive info. at all, this may be your problem.

You can check your account preferences and if you can't find them, just call them and ask hhonors to do it for you.^
Thanks for the idea...just checked my "email subscriptions" and nothing was checked. Hopefully will start to get emails for promotions from now on.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 5:05 am

Clicked, registered and away we go for 2013, not bad as I have a week in the Santo Domingo Hilton booked follwed by a week in the Conrad, Bangkok plus a couple of other stays already booked for february, going to be another busy year !
Old Jan 5, 2013, 6:44 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by BrinNutz
Can anyone remind me if the miles is per day or per stay? Trying to figure out if going fixed or variable miles for this long stay (12 nights) would be more beneficial (at a Homewood Suites).
MIles are per stay if you pick Fixed (500 except at HWS and another one, H2S??, where it is 100) or per dollar if you pick variable. At Homewood, you will want to pick variable miles, assuming your bill is more than $100. On any 12 night stay, you should pick variable, since you will be over the 500 max for fixed.

As to which one to pick, points is generally better, since you are doubling 10 points per dollar rather than doubling 1 mile per dollar. In general.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 6:46 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by mnredfox
I'm top tier in 3 hotel programs, but expect to be treated like dirt. That way I pleasantly surprised when I'm not.
Probably a good technique for a successful marriage, as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.