Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors: Double points in 2013 Q1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors: Double points in 2013 Q1

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2013, 4:47 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Registered and looking forward to Q1....leaving PCR for HH Gold and yes, its not perfect but the grass seems greener from the other side of the fence. HH should be a reasonable alternative to PCR and once I get Gold maybe an asset for spending the 90K in HH points already banked for personal stays.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Thanks, somehow missed this registration. Just signed up. ^
Old Jan 2, 2013, 7:09 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SWA A-List, Hertz President's Circle
I see a lot of people indicating that they missed the message about the Q1 2013 promotion. Hilton does a horrible job of getting the email out in a timely manner. I haven't received my email yet nor have I seen any banner ads for this. They also don't educate the hotels very well. I just (five minutes ago) spoke with the front desk manager at the Doubletree Tucson (Arizona) Reid Park. She had no clue about any HH promotion.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:57 am

Programs: Cathay Marco Polo, AF/KLM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, others
Originally Posted by aveRex
Same here. I never receive any promo emails. I've been a Diamond for 7 consecutive years. I'm considering switching to Marriott since they offer lifetime tiers.
+1
Old Jan 2, 2013, 1:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Delta Gold, Avis Preferred Plus,
Just got my notice this morning.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 5:13 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hilton Diamond
I just got the email this afternoon. :/

Still trying to figure out which I should choose. Used 50,000 miles to book wife's ticket to our honeymoon in October and am already up to 21,000 miles.

I've got a 12 night stay coming next week, plus some others in the future.

Can anyone remind me if the miles is per day or per stay? Trying to figure out if going fixed or variable miles for this long stay (12 nights) would be more beneficial (at a Homewood Suites).

I received 1000 miles for a two night stay in December but thought that I would only get 500?
Edit: I got 500 for the Q4 Delta MQM promo I guess.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by poker9ite
Just got my notice this morning.
I still haven't gotten mine, I rely more on FT than any sort of loyalty gesture by any company anymore. I'm top tier in 3 hotel programs, but expect to be treated like dirt. That way I pleasantly surprised when I'm not.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 5:02 am

any link for me, where i could sign up for this promo?

haven't gotten an email and neither could i find anything on the hhonors website.

thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:02 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Try the first post in this thread...it has the link
Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
Now that the link is working again, when a OP is in need of both miles and points, which looks like the best choice for this Q1 13 promotion?

Virgin Atlantic (VS) told me today the double promo is over. DL is my preferred airline but I am starting from zero miles having used them up. Earning miles appears to be a long road since it is going to probably take a whole year to earn enough miles for one basic international ticket since i cannot use anything but a company credit card with no extra bonus points.
So are you saying we will only get 500 points instead of the 1000 points. Therefore only getting 1000 points instead of 2000 for the double points promo
Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
Virgin Atlantic (VS) told me today the double promo is over.
Did they mean the 'stepped' Q4-ish bonus is over?

The standard VS offer is still listed as 1000 miles at http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/earn-u...ing/index.html so ought to double to 2000VS=4000HH, although I'm trying to weigh up whether the IB 750 standard Avios doubling to 1500 and flipping over to BAEC is the way I should go .
Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:04 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Signed up, glad to see the Hilton ORD I'll be at soon is not an ineligible property.

Incidentally, why does Iowa come alphabetically before Indiana and Illinois on their list? Someone over at HH need help understanding the alphabet?
Old Jan 3, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA,DLT,UA,Marriott-Plat, Hyatt- Dia, HH- Gold
Originally Posted by Deepd1ver7
Try the first post in this thread...it has the link
The orginal link would not work for me, but I found this one and it did work:
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/double
Old Jan 3, 2013, 4:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Question The conversion rate is 1 to 2

Originally Posted by ljknecht570
So are you saying we will only get 500 points instead of the 1000 points. Therefore only getting 1000 points instead of 2000 for the double points promo
Let me clarify. The conversion rate is always 1 VS mile to 2 HH Points. It is an extra bonus I am speaking about, that is what VS says they are not offering.

I have been trying to decide if naming VS as my preferred airline was worth it because I have to transfer 10,000 miles initially and then in lots of 5000. Using Variable miles seems that it will take a long time to get 10,000 VS miles for my first transfer. If I name VS as my Fixed Miles partner, it's 1000 miles at say an HGI. This would double if I choose airline miles as my promo choice so in 5 one night stays, I have 10,000 VS miles.

Thoughts?

Last edited by SimpleManToo; Jan 3, 2013 at 5:25 pm Reason: Question
Old Jan 3, 2013, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott PLT, National EE
Virgin Atlantic

It shouldn't take long at all to get to the 10k you need for initial transfer.... You get 2k per stay if you pick double fixed miles. That's only 5 stays. No need to fly anywhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.